1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Installation problems NR2003

Discussion in 'NR2003 - PC Support and Troubleshooting' started by Donald Jacobs, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Donald Jacobs

Donald Jacobs Member

I have a copy of the game. Bought a long time. Apparently the CD is no longer any good. It installed and crashed. Will not uninstall.
    I downloaded NR2003GamesandPatches from your site. Moved the Papyrus folder from C: to D: so it would be out of the way.
    when I ran the Setup.exe file I got a error message An Installation support file could not be installed catastrophic failure. Some system info
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release_svc.180808-1748)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP
    System Model: OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
    BIOS: F.14
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 32692MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    I bought this just to run this Sim. Now I may be too old and feeble minded to makeit run.

2. Donald Jacobs

Donald Jacobs Member

Cleaned my CD again and got the Sim to run. Had another problem. My computer would not recognize Logitech G920 wheel. X-Box and PC compatible. Logitech support run me through some hoops but could not help. Plugged it into another Windows 10 computer and still nothing. Has anyone had better luck with Logitech wheel for the PS-4 and PC?

3. Donald Jacobs

Donald Jacobs Member

I now have a G29 wheel and it works. I have NR2003 working and GTP with a few of my favorite tracks. It has been a struggle but worth it. Forgot how much fun Sim racing was.

4. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

"An Installation support file could not be installed catastrophic failure."

I tried to get a friend up and running with NR2003 on Windows 10 and ran into the same message. I downloaded the same files and was able to install on my machine. It seems there's something up with his computer that's causing the error, but we weren't able to figure it out.

Compatibility mode, disabling DEP, CCleaner -- nothing worked. Anyone have any ideas?

5. Donald Jacobs

Donald Jacobs Member

I was able to install NR2003 on my Windows 10 machine. When I tried to do another install I got the same error message that you got. Maybe a Windows 10 update since the first install did something to cause the problem.

6. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

Seems like a Windows update or some type of system configuration is the culprit (of course). Just wish I could figure out the exact cause.

Donald Jacobs likes this.
  7. Donald Jacobs

Donald Jacobs Member

If you get it figured out let me know because I would like to have separate installs for dirt tracks. Windows 10 was turning off my Logitech gaming software after one of its automatic updates. I rolled back windows to a happier time. then Open file explorer /right click on "This PC" /properties /Advance system settings /Hardware Tab/Device installation settings and check the "No " Option and save That fixed that.

8. Jaedon Lawson

Jaedon Lawson New Member

Hi, I have the same problem i just don't know when to roll back to. So is there a different download that has a windows 2019 update?

I want to get the game back because I want to have the Indycar and Nascar series for a Sim Series

Edit: Now my computer tells me that I recently updated my computer 10 days ago so I can't roll back

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2019
  9. Chris a

Chris a New Member

I installed the game and put the new patches in however when I try to start running the game it shows the intro and then windows quits the game.
    it shows me this error message.
    Runtime error
    says its the .exe
    R6025
    -pure virtual function call