1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

iRacing Cheating

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by MonkeyWrenCh, Nov 15, 2015.

1. MonkeyWrenCh

MonkeyWrenCh Well-Known Member

I would like to race with iRacing because of the realistic nature of the tracks and cars. You can't get any more realistic.

Now I am content with racing against NR2003 AI but I definitely am interested in iRacing.

The one thing that I am worried about is playing against users who are cheating. I don't want to lose a race not because I was outperformed, but instead because someone cheated.

After reading articles like these:

http://www.virtualr.net/iracing-com-new-anti-cheat-system-coming

http://***************.net/2015/09/01/reader-submisson-41-iracings-anti-cheat-software/

show that this problem isn't fixed. Now I don't know if any of you guys know about this "anti-cheat software" but the only way I would play iRacing is if I knew for a fact that I wouldn't be playing against someone who can cheat.

If that isn't the case then I would rather play again NR2003 AI.

So does anyone here believe that people can still cheat at iRacing? Or are you confident that people can't?

2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Melter of Snowflakes

The new anti-cheat system is pretty hardy. I saw the exploits first hand that some people used when the dynamic surface was built (something to do with late entry and skyboxes), and the end result was someone being on rails compared to the rest of the field. Since iRacing removed portion of code to deal with that, the competition in the 2000-3000 irating range has been quite nice, and the dynamic surface really makes you think about how you attack a track over the course of a race, although I don't think the fixed series setup's are designed yet to handle it properly. That being said:

It is very much a dictatorship. I myself have been warned over certain controversial comments, that in being a member of iRacing, I was not allowed to say or do anything that could bring iRacing into disrepute (which includes pointing out flaws in the design or verbally telling people that some of the on-track problems they experience are a result of iRacing still using a large bulk of the NR2003 code --> they really hate it when people do that). As with any game, you are going to have the elitist ego's, the clowns, and the punks that think they are god's gift to racing, but yet are usually the cause of 90% of the racing incidents. However, truth be told, I ignore them, and generally have a pleasant racing experience filled with good, clean, hard racing. Over time, you figure out and generate a list of names of people to look out for, making mental notes of how they are likely to race, and can usually avoid there cataclysmic wrecks with ease.

If you don't mind shelling out large amounts of money over time, iRacing is probably one of the best platforms to race on currently, simply because of the volume of people, the variety of tracks/cars, and the ease of league access. Find yourself a good league like I did, and it all becomes more than worth it.

MonkeyWrenCh likes this.
  3. MonkeyWrenCh

With the new anti-cheat system do you feel confident enough that you aren't losing to guys that are cheating?

4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Melter of Snowflakes

Again, I can only speak personally about the 2000-3000 irating range, but yes, if I'm losing, it's usually because I'm either not driving the track correctly, or my setup is off. I have guys in my league (one of them is making a pro bid this upcoming season) that are higher ranked than me (anywhere between 3000 and 6500 generally), and they more or less say the same thing I do. It's pretty well balanced now ever since they fixed that major bug with the skybox and the dynamic track. I don't see any cheating as of late. If anything, I've won more races since they started using third party anti-cheat software.

MonkeyWrenCh likes this.
  5. MonkeyWrenCh

OK thank you for sharing your experience.

6. hammer26tn

hammer26tn Well-Known Member

During my stint the last couple of years playing, I didn't really encounter cheaters so much as racing with people who had absolutely no respect for anyone else on the track. But, as a caveat, I didn't really push myself that much when I raced and I only ever moved up 1 class to the late models. They were more fun to drive, but I was just too busy to invest the kind of time I needed to get the hang of it and turn that time into success. Kids, man.

MonkeyWrenCh likes this.