1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

iRacing Question

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by Wolfman30, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfman30

Wolfman30 Member

I have a question about iRacing.com. My question is, Can you paint cars on iRacing?

2. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Moved to appropriate forum.

3. Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman ...And Justice For All

You have to pick your basic scheme, and change the colors from there. You can only choose from the available sponsors to put on the car as well, and you are assigned a number on a one race basis randomly.

You can't freely paint a car with your own number and sponsor.

1 person likes this.
  4. marcusl26

marcusl26 Well-Known Member

Well, kind of. You cannot use Photoshop to create a unique base with sponsors and numbers of your choosing. Instead pre made templates are available and then you can choose three colors, which will automatically be applied to a template of your choosing. You can apply sponsors available through iRacing, including the make of the car, such as Pontiac and Chevy, your Club logo from your region, and other assorted sponsors. The Jetta has an extremely wide variety of sponsors available. Your number is not put on the base, but instead it is applied when you join a server or race, depending on your skill level compared to other drivers ascending from 1.

The system allows for anyone to quickly paint there cars, helmets, and suit without needing a hassle of arranging files. It has been hinted at by Brian Simpson that custom templates may be in the pipeline at iRacing, but it is not available at the moment.

2 people like this.
  5. Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman ...And Justice For All

O.K., that explains why I always ended up with 8-11 in the rookie Legends. I focused more on the SR, then ran out of money to race the Late Models that I had really wanted to.

6. Josh Mertz

Josh Mertz #JB17

So it was like the EA Sports Series from like 2001-08ish?

7. Blazityler

Blazityler Well-Known Member

yeah it kinda is like that except iracing as like 50 base schemes for each car lol.

8. beatnik

beatnik Well-Known Member

Yes it is similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.