Downloads
Updated

iRacing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman30

SRD Member
Reaction score
I have a question about iRacing.com. My question is, Can you paint cars on iRacing?

Enter Sandman

...And Justice For All
SRD Member
Reaction score
You have to pick your basic scheme, and change the colors from there. You can only choose from the available sponsors to put on the car as well, and you are assigned a number on a one race basis randomly.

You can't freely paint a car with your own number and sponsor.

marcusl26

SRD Member
Reaction score
Well, kind of. You cannot use Photoshop to create a unique base with sponsors and numbers of your choosing. Instead pre made templates are available and then you can choose three colors, which will automatically be applied to a template of your choosing. You can apply sponsors available through iRacing, including the make of the car, such as Pontiac and Chevy, your Club logo from your region, and other assorted sponsors. The Jetta has an extremely wide variety of sponsors available. Your number is not put on the base, but instead it is applied when you join a server or race, depending on your skill level compared to other drivers ascending from 1.

The system allows for anyone to quickly paint there cars, helmets, and suit without needing a hassle of arranging files. It has been hinted at by Brian Simpson that custom templates may be in the pipeline at iRacing, but it is not available at the moment.

Enter Sandman

...And Justice For All
SRD Member
Reaction score
O.K., that explains why I always ended up with 8-11 in the rookie Legends. I focused more on the SR, then ran out of money to race the Late Models that I had really wanted to.

Josh Mertz

#JB17
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well, kind of. You cannot use Photoshop to create a unique base with sponsors and numbers of your choosing. Instead pre made templates are available and then you can choose three colors, which will automatically be applied to a template of your choosing. You can apply sponsors available through iRacing, including the make of the car, such as Pontiac and Chevy, your Club logo from your region, and other assorted sponsors. The Jetta has an extremely wide variety of sponsors available. Your number is not put on the base, but instead it is applied when you join a server or race, depending on your skill level compared to other drivers ascending from 1.

The system allows for anyone to quickly paint there cars, helmets, and suit without needing a hassle of arranging files. It has been hinted at by Brian Simpson that custom templates may be in the pipeline at iRacing, but it is not available at the moment.
So it was like the EA Sports Series from like 2001-08ish?

Blazityler

SRD Member
Reaction score
2chance1 said:
So it was like the EA Sports Series from like 2001-08ish?
yeah it kinda is like that except iracing as like 50 base schemes for each car lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.