Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nascarfan15

SRD Member
Reaction score
I've seen that this has been a problem in the community lately and i wanted to get opinions on the topic in one post instead of scattered in different places. so heres the question. do you think its right for nascar to take down sites and sue people for using their logos? vote in the poll above please. if this needs to be moved feel free to move it. :crying:

ffracin88

SRD Member
Reaction score
It's bullsh** they make enough money to stay alive forever they're only hurting themselves remmember when we were all kids and got those revell model kits yup thats shot now to ewww cause it's the name nascar we need $56875047689040575809498 for the lisence...I used to be proud to race for a nascar weekly series track now i'd rather buy an extra tire instead of a stupid nascar lisence yippee i get a card that says nascar charger division and a few bucks of at any nascar sanctioned track and our top division has to pay for them selves to go to where ever for the nascar weekly banquet get paid crap....nascar is just getting on my nerves more and more want want want how about give back more than here ya go thanks we have your money here is a kick in the a**

Blueclipse28

SRD Member
Reaction score
"NASCAR didn't take down TRG. A hacker overloaded the server and cost Jason over $300 in bandwidth. And we are not sure we will be back or not. Pretty cheap and sleezy if you ask me."

probably got masgrafx too?

This was left at nnracing.

nascarfan15

SRD Member
Reaction score
that was written by will g at rura then quoted by me at nnr. words getting out i guess

Blueclipse28

SRD Member
Reaction score
that was written by will g at rura then quoted by me at nnr. words getting out i guess
I only posted that because i am reading that people are pointing fingers at nascar and i was trying to squash that situation as quickly as possible. I mentioned in a thread at nnracing that i wasn't saying that it was nascar messing with the sites but it could be a possibility and people ran with it. i wasnt sure at the time who had the convo but i saw it in a thread and reposted it here for eyes to read.

Cheezypuff

SRD Member
Reaction score
You really should define the question a little bit better. There are many circumstances to put into play here that the law can provide. I the site(as we know, most if not all arent) was getting paid per download, then yes they can sue for copyright infringement, as the logo was not used/sold wiht permission from NASCAR. So in a case if they were getting paid by the user to download the logo without NASCAR's written consent, then yes i do believe they would be in the right mind to sue. Now on the other hand, as we all know, we just do this as a hobby, a way to get away from the "BS" of the world. So in this particular case, then they must have had their heads in the crapper, Masgrafx paid to use the domain, not getting paid to use the logo.

nascarfan15

SRD Member
Reaction score
my question is in terms of the masgrafx logo dilemma that happened. is it right for nascar to do that to a sim site like that? just asking them to remove the logo when there not even making any money off it. i hope that clears up my question a bit. :wink:

MattyO

SJW & Woke Hater
Admin
Reaction score
my question is in terms of the masgrafx logo dilemma that happened. is it right for nascar to do that to a sim site like that? just asking them to remove the logo when there not even making any money off it. i hope that clears up my question a bit. :wink:
Yes, Nascar has every right to do that. It is their intellectual property and they can tell whoever they want who can use their logo and who can't.

Let's say someone used my logo here at SRD, and started using it themselves without permission from me. I can get in touch with their host, and have their site shut down until they remove my intellectual property. There is reasons why there are copyright and trademark laws. For these exact reasons.

Take a look at our footer at the bottom of our website, notice the copyright from Jelsoft? I can pay to have this removed so it doesn't show, but if I don't pay, I cannot remove it.

Cheezypuff

SRD Member
Reaction score
I can understand what you mean about them having every right to shut them down...but they took all the NASCAR logos off....and NASCAR dropped the lawsuit

blinkjohnson

SRD Member
Reaction score
RIP NASCAR

The last time I really jumped out of my seat during a Sprint Cup race was Ricky Craven and Kurt Busch at Darlington in 2003, when it was still Winston Cup. I started watching CASCAR but it was eventually bought out by NASCAR. It just seems like NASCAR has become such a corporate giant they don't much care about their fans. That's obvious when a large majority of the fans rejected the idea of a new body style, yet here we are rolling around Bristol in lightly armored tanks. My idea of NASCAR in the current time is the same as the big tobacco companies (which ironically sponsored them during the good years..) The tobacco companies have millions of addicted customers, and nascar has millions of addicted fans. Do you realize how difficult it would be to drop your favorite sport? To stop being a race fan is in fact harder than I believe it to be to stop smoking. I've stopped smoking, but to stop watching NASCAR? Pretty difficult. I might say I'm boycotting NASCAR but in the end I know I'll be watching the Daytona 500. So NASCAR has all their loyal supporters in a wrist lock, it's a monopoly as far as stock car racing goes. We can try to turn to ARCA or USAR or ASA or NASCAR's smaller series, but what happens when they, too, become a gimmick to rake in the cash? What ever happened to the NASCAR we knew.. NASCAR took a bullet to the chest in 2001 with Earnhardt Sr's death, and NASCAR died in 2004. :noway:

To answer your question - legally, yes they have the right. But to close down a website that gives them virtually unlimited exposure (FOR FREE) is not in their best interest.

And with that being said there are only 54 days until the NA$CAR $print Cup $eries runs the Daytona 500.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.