Is track making actually a solely PC thing... ?

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Smoker, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Smoker

Smoker Dramatic Goover

... or could it be done also with a Mac? I have Cinema 4D, the whole Adobe stuff and plenty experience with other track software. How is it for lovely NR03?

2. bsoyuz

bsoyuz "GAAAAA" - Darrell Waltrip, everyday

Since I'm not very familiar with Mac, I am not fully sure. But for starters, to make a track you'd need to make Sandbox and WinMip work in a Mac computer, if they do, then you most likely is able to build a track, but keep in mind NR has his own way of producing racetracks, somewhat different from most, if not all of the other simulators out there, as it doesn't solely rely on general 3d modelling. I am not completely sure if Sandbox and WinMip can be adapted into Mac due to my lack of experience with them, so take this with a grain of salt.

3. Smoker

Smoker Dramatic Goover

Alright yes, it seems to fail on Sandbox already. It's not available as Mac version. Correct me if I'm wrong. o_O
    Pity that!

4. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Your best bet is to dual boot a windows OS to build tracks or just have a pc. Most of the programs to make tracks for NR2003 are windows os based I believe, especially many of the smaller 3rd party tools that make track building a lot easier.

5. Smoker

Smoker Dramatic Goover

I was thinking too about to purchase a pc notebook for that bunch of track making programs. Would it be enough to buy just a low budget notebook since those programs might not be too big? What would be a good standard of a notebook for that? Thanks for help, I'm solely with Macs since 1989, which not only means I'm a pc noob, but as well a pretty damn old bastard. As long I haven't to get into DOS, I prolly give it a try. ;)

6. Josh Mertz

Josh Mertz #JB17

Just dual boot the Mac. It'd be cheaper that way