5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

ISCRA Megathread

crazyboy335

#50in07
Banned
Reaction score
Long post ahead! Got a lot of stuff done in the last few weeks.

2019 trucks - for once, I'm doing crews! I hope I can get this one out by 2020. It's a smaller roster than usual so it hopefully doesn't take as long as most other sets.

Next, some 2014 Cup cars. I don't know when (or if) this set will get done, so bear with me on this one.

Finally, got some 2019 Cup cars. I'm trying to move away from my typical hipster bullshit sponsors and make my set more realistic.

I know the 2 has the old taillights and I frankly don't care enough to fix it. I'm not releasing these cars either way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

crazyboy335

#50in07
Banned
Reaction score
The 2019 Truck set is out! Click here to go to the resource page.

As for that news I hinted at a while back - I'm not releasing any new sets in 2020, because it will take an astronomical effort to do three whole carsets in one calendar year. I'm going to run 2020 with the 2019 cars (with silly season changes applied), then I'm going to do three sets for 2021 beginning in 2020 - should everything go to plan, I will use @Mystical's ICR mod for the Cup Series and the NXS19/20 mod being made by NFF for the Pro Series. If neither of those are done, I'll stick with MENCS19 for the Cup Series, then move the Pro Series to @NoahC04's NextGen4 templates for the MCLM mod.

With these changes, I plan on adding several new manufacturers to my series, at least in the Cup and Pro series. Chevrolet, Ford, Dodge, and Toyota will stay in the series. However...

I'm looking at adding Nissan, Honda, Tesla, and Volvo in some capacity to my series. The list is certainly going to be trimmed down a little (eight manufacturers is absurd for only 45 entries), but I expect at least two of them to make it into my series. The common noses on Mystical's mod and the MCLM bodies will be perfect for this kind of addition to the ISCRA.

In the meantime, here's the saddest Lowe's scheme I've ever had to make. The reason why is in the spoiler below the scheme.

While simulating the 2019 Firecracker 400, Corey Hawkins, driver of the #52 Ford for Team Cherikee, suffered a vicious crash early on. Eva Martinez spun across the nose of Bryce Lancaster and into the path of Hawkins, pushing his car up and into the catchfence, where the nose was ripped off and the car tumbled back into traffic. Corey then flipped another twelve times, coming to rest on his wheels at the bottom of the track in Turn 2. Corey would wind up with a compound fracture in his right leg, two broken ribs, a severe concussion, and a punctured lung.

Markus Theiss, Team Cherikee's Pro Series driver, was called up to replace Hawkins in the #52 for the rest of the 2019 season. After blowing an engine at Pocono in his Cup debut, then failing to finish four of his next seven races, Markus has rattled off four consecutive top tens and has already passed Corey in the standings, taking four less starts to do so.