12 - Menards/Sylvania Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2 - Dent Wizard Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

It's not breathing hard,

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukaColaV13

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
is there anything I can add? Should change? Let me know.
I think that with the overhead lamps along the balcony, you should go with a matte gunmetal grey instead of a shiny green. Like this--

The green really kinda sticks out like a sore thumb and takes away from it a little IMO.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
you just keep making it better this thing is going to melt my cpu when i do a render.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everything guys. I tried the gunmetal gray on the lamp shades, but it was to much since there is so much concrete. But it the green is a nice contrast to the red beams. Thanks for the pictures everyone and so forth.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
NEED HELP!

And I need your opinions. The latest render I did took 30 minutes. But as you can see, the final gather needs adjusting to get rid of the light spots under the car. So, I did some economical adjustments and reduced the number and size of the spots under the cars BUT it doubled the render time to one hour. So I got rid of the skylight and used the Daylight System. The lighting is different, but it got rid of the light spots all together, but added only 15 minutes to the render time to 45. My goal was to not exceed 30 with the current setup. So I need 3ds help on how to use my old way of HDRI in the environment slot in cooperation with the skylight (Cause you need the skylight) and get rid of the light spots under the cars. I need to knock the render time back to 30 minutes or this scene won't be good to upload. No one will use it cause it takes to long to render.

NOTE: Without the cars, it's a 15 minute render time. These 2 cars are HIGH poly and are the reason the render times are so high. With the COT models, it shouldn't be much higher then the 15 minutes I am getting with no cars. Maybe 20-25. That would be killer. Anyway, if anyone can help me, that would be great. Thank you.

TOUGH

3d Max Designer
SRD Member
Reaction score
ok I'm here to help!!! Let's actually step backwards one sec. If we are using mental ray we need to use less samples in the materials first to achieve shorter render times so look there first. Second I would us lights if thats what you want to use to achieve your look only do this in the advanced module in the lights shut off the specular and just use diffuse. Now head back to the final gather and set it to draft and use box 1.0 1.0 and render again. Just a suggestion bro then let me know what happens.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm calling this done. Now I just have to import the COT's and the materials. With high settings, this is a 45 minute render. With lower settings, 30. Feel free to import garage tools and things if you want or whatever. I like it clean like this. It grew on me instead of cluttered.

Attachments

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
UH OH! UH OH! WHO'S READY FOR A RELEASE?!

The COT's have been imported. The materials are set. The scene is done. The lighting is perfect. All is editable and adjustable for each and every one of you. I was going to lock everything but the car paint so you couldn't muck it up. BUT, I decided, in my sense of teaching others, that I would keep everything editable and unlocked so you can do what you see fit. I want you to make this YOUR scene as much as it's mine. Fill it up with tools and lifts. Put in some tables and laptops. Hell, make it an awesome classroom for all I care. Put in a pool or hot tub. Make a daylight system or convert it to V-Ray and experiment with HDRI's. Make an animation with this. All in all, I want to see some renders with this bad boy and I wanna see different camera angles. Make me see this scene from your eyes. Let me rediscover this shop.

The render times can be from 15 minutes and higher. Pending on the quality you want and the size of the image you render. Good luck. Have fun. Now start rendering. The shop will be released tomorrow.

Preview coming soon.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Having a hard time uploading cause it's 25mb's. Let me see what I can do.

wslates

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a "This file is temporarily unavailable" message at MegaUpload.

wslates

SRD Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, when I tried it after I posted the message, it decided to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.