1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Kevin Harvick #29 2004 Pepsi 400

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by Slipster17, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Slipster17

Slipster17 "Terrifying Cones Since 1983"

Put out a call for help, guys. I'm nearly finished with my Coke C2 carset from the 2004 Pespi 400 BUT I am seriously lacking in any actual race photos of Harvick's #29. As in like, I have "1" - and it's a head on shot in the paddock.

REALLY wish I could use the ciastockphoto archive to dig up photos, but it seems they went to a private/ limited subscription based service.

If it comes down to me basing the graphics off of the diecast models I will, but I'd much rather have a real photo to work from.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

Slipster17 likes this.
  3. Slipster17

Yeah, I know I can find loads of the diecast - but for some reason, especially with these Coke C2 cars, the diecast and actual car design seem to differ pretty significantly. Thank you though!

4. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

Idk if this will help, but here's his qualifying run...it starts at 24:17

Slipster17 likes this.
  5. Slipster17

It does! Someone over on Reddit posted this for me as well. Can't believe I watched the whole race squinting to see the mid-pack cars and never ONCE thought to go look for a practice or qualifying run video! Lol

No1JGfan likes this.
  6. Slipster17

And ya know - watching some of the other C2 schemes there during Qualifying and seeing little differences (most notably in the color of their roof numbers) makes me wonder.... all 8 of these cars carry the same basic color scheme and sponsor logo on the hood.... soooooo......

Did the spotters and/or NASCAR complain during a practice session that the cars were too difficult to tell apart? Thus necessitating throwing color splashes on certain cars to differentiate them? I mean, especially with the #20 - he had his normal white door and roof numbers during qualifying and they were all changed to neon orange during the actual race. Burton in the #99 had neon green accents. Biffle in the #16 had neon yellow. Rudd in the #21 had pink and I think they changed Harvick's roof numbers to red for the race. Andretti's #1 was a distinctly darker color and Elliott's had an entirely silver nose. So that left only the #97 keeping it's normal roof number colors.

7. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

Lol been there man, for me it was Stewart's Jurassic Park III car from 2001. So that's why I thought about the qualifying run

8. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

I wouldn't be surprised if NASCAR had something to do with that. Elliott Sadler's Groovy M&M's scheme was a similar July Daytona situation, where the tie-dye design of the scheme, and the dark number colors caused NASCAR to step in, and they ended up with neon colored numbers for the race.

The story behind the whole C2 deal was pretty interesting too, for those that aren't familiar...

CAkin24 likes this.