Liveries: Share them...Request them..

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by SwiftyOne, May 22, 2015.

1. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director Moderator

Looks like I have a LOT of work to do haha...thanks!

2. Chevellion

...aaand done (I think)!

Attached Files:

SwiftyOne likes this.
  3. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator Banned

[​IMG]
    I like it!
    Here are some caps for you... https://www.mediafire.com/?5il77cvs1wvm55z
    If I may make one suggestion....maybe take the black bit of the side graphics back to the taillight so it covers that notch there?

SwiftyOne and Chevellion like this.
  4. Chevellion

Thanks! Arg, thought I got that back bit aligned...figuring out where the meshes align has been the most difficult part.

SwiftyOne likes this.
  5. Highbank

Ya, I know what you mean, the size of the templates is daunting, I'm making some changes to help me get things into a more sorted kind of way, ie...adding a mask layer so the lines between the parts are little more defined for my old eyes, etc...

SwiftyOne likes this.
  6. Highbank

Dang, as I look back at that screen capture, man it looks so real! What a sim!

SwiftyOne likes this.
  7. Highbank

[​IMG]
    Working on some PCars Trans Am action...starting with my driver. My iconic (if you knew me from Zoom Racing World) Castrol scheme...this is a WIP, ignore the road grime on the car, it happens when you have to drive a few laps every time you check your paints in game...

[​IMG]
    The problem with painting PCARS stuff? You want to jump in drive what you're working on, it just looks too good...

[​IMG]
    Dealing with a lot of warping issues with this Mustang Cobra Trans Am model, everything around the front fender is bizarreness! BUT the good news is that I've come to realize that they didn't model in the front of the car (grill and headlights) they're just the decals on the template so this will easily become a Camaro for a 1997 Trans Am Series Car set... one car at a time...

8. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Well-Known Member

Gorgeous work guy's....Your right in saying they look so good...It's hard somethimes to think this is a video game ;)

9. Highbank

[​IMG]
    "one of these things is not like the others..."

OK so I'm playing hookie from my 1992 Trans Am car set...but I didn't wonder far...I just had to take a shot at making a Camaro template on the 1997 Mustang Cobra Trans Am car...all other issues aside...I was wrong about the models not having the headlights molded into the model, but oh well I just made mine a little bigger to fill the space as best I could...
    [​IMG]
    Ran a 10 lapper at Sears Point with a 32 car field....it got rough out there...

[​IMG]
    Just hard not to watch these things run, visually stunning graphics!

[​IMG]
    One more shot, fun stuff...

It's sure making me wish I could do a set and drop it in the game...sigh

That last cap really shows what I love about PCars, if you look out in the background you see the landscape, well if you've been to Sears Point, you know it looks exactly like what you see outside the track in the game, it's just amazing how real it feels and looks.

10. Chevellion

Question...is there anything specific we need to do to get our liveries considered for future DLC packs? That's kind of why I'm playing on PS4 and designing via PC right now :p

SwiftyOne and Highbank like this.
  11. MillsLayne

MillsLayne Kyle Busch shouldn't be allowed to race.

This is where I wish I could paint and import custom schemes into the XBox version.... They all look so great!

Highbank likes this.
  12. Highbank

I really don't know, Swifty probably has some insight here. My quess is that there may be a clue in the SMS forum or the Project CARS forum, maybe look in the thread where they announced the last livery DLC?

13. Highbank

I guess they are working on that.

14. SwiftyOne

Sorry for the delay...I have PC problems every 6-7 mins I get blue screen, and I can't turn it back on for like 50 mins....Might be over heating problem ....But i'm stuck with one screen (2560x1440) on a resolution of 800x600...

15. Highbank

Ouch!

16. SwiftyOne

A Big ouch too...It's BOTH my 78o's it's very unusual Both go at the same time..Been testing all day, and yes both are knackered :( No more 3 screens for a while, my son had an old GTX460 he gave me...Just runs a 2560x1440..So no gaming really...Until.......

17. SwiftyOne

I'll look into this...What I do know is, liveries must be fictitious :)

18. SwiftyOne

Just...Make a great looking livery..You need to be here though...Upload it, and get as many "Likes" as you can: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...(WIP-finished-etc)-RULES!-read-the-first-post
    Kmax1 makes really good liveries :)

Either the devs will request for a certain car (competition or a request), or they just pick at random the best ones they like or popular with other players, just look at the number of likes, thats normally a good indicator.

So end of the day just make a great livery that is also unique. Make sure its not similar or same colour combo as say a Kmax1 Livery as there is a good chance you will lose [​IMG].

19. Highbank

There are individual threads now for each model so you can add your downloads to them. NOTE: no chat in those threads, which I'm happy about, just a screen shot of your beauty and a download link of your dds file.

20. Chevellion