Logitech G27 issues on SMS Lobby

Discussion in 'Online Racing' started by dirtrcng1b, Feb 29, 2016.

1. dirtrcng1b

dirtrcng1b New Member

I'm new to racing online in NR2003. I would like to join a league eventually but for now I'm looking to do some online racing first just to make sure everything works right and get the "bugs" out if need be before I would even think about joining a league. I downloaded SMS Lobby and made the changes needed to the core.ini file and everything works great in terms of connecting to servers and participating on track. The only problem that I'm having though is when I join a session and start driving, the wheel and pedal inputs act as if Logitech Profiler isn't running at all. When I play offline, the wheel inputs are exactly as I set them in Logitech Profiler (though for some reason, it's as if Logitech Profiler shuts off if I'm in the game for an extended period of time which can only be fixed by exiting the game and starting the game back up which is kind of annoying). When I play through SMS Lobby though, it's as if Logitech Profiler never works in the first place. I even made a profile in the Logitech Profiler itself for SMS Lobby the same way I did for NR2003 and used all the same settings as my NR2003 profile but it still acts as if Logitech Profiler isn't running when I race. Has anyone on here ever had this problem or have any ideas because I have no clue why it's happening or how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. dirtrcng1b

dirtrcng1b New Member

Just an update in case someone having the same problem stumbles upon this, the profile I created in Logitech Profiler for SMS Lobby worked after I restarted my computer. I'm still having issues with the profiler seemingly stopping working after being in the game for an extended period of time, but the profile I created did work once I restarted my system after making the profile none the less.

3. Exterminator

Exterminator Well-Known Member

I have had problems with the profilers ever since I had my first Momo. I am now running a G-25. It seems that on the G-25 and G-27, buttons will stop working frequently. The axis properties are usually okay.

My work around:
    1 - Use the Profiler when initially installing the wheel to set all axis properties. (Once completed, wheel and pedals can be calibrated in Windows or NR2003)
    2 - Close the Profiler! (You can still calibrate in Windows or NR2003)
    3 - Disable Profiler on startup! (Windows 7, run msconfig) (Windows10, use task manager)( Again, you can still calibrate!)
    4 - Install JoytoKey and configure for your buttons.
    5 - To run NR2003, open JoytoKey before opening SMS Lobby or NR2003.

I never have the Profiler running, and my wheel rarely requires calibration. All of my buttons work and never fail during a race! The Logitech Profilers are glitchy, at best!

4. dirtrcng1b

dirtrcng1b New Member

Good to know, thanks Exterminator. If my problems show up again, I will definitely have to go this route. It's been behaving the way it's supposed to lately but that could certainly change...