32 Corey LaJoie 2020 RagingBull.com Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Major Changes soon

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I made a new category that you may have noticed. And I moved the logos forum from the nr2003 category (I never liked it there) to this new category called painting help and resources.

I'm thinking we need to add another forum or two with the logo forum. I'm just not sure what. Base paint schemes help? Templates help? Or???? Any ideas?
Templates for sure. They're endless.

MattyO

Kinder Gentler Blowhard
Admin
Reaction score
He meant a forum. I was asking what other forum should be added besides the logo forum here.

I know I need to be careful adding forums along with having resources that are named the same and serve the same purpose. But I've always thought SRD lacked a category/forum/topics that was related to helping people create/find/ask how to make a car.

MattyO

Kinder Gentler Blowhard
Admin
Reaction score
Since we now have emojis to compliment the like button could we get a WTF emoji for some of the comments on this site...
I'm sure there is something out there,lol.

I am going to change the smileys though. I don't like them at all.

Rogue

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I like it so far Matt, Very classy upgrades.

Rogue

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
If Assetto Corsa got popular with sim racers here, I would ask for a forum on it. Maybe a future addition.

MattyO

Kinder Gentler Blowhard
Admin
Reaction score
I changed the "archives" category to "User Uploads" and opened it up for everyone to use if they want. I guess that'll do for the time being.

LarryFoyt50

The Face of Sand Castles
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hey Matt, some of the places like the graphics library is still locked. Just letting you know.

MattyO

Kinder Gentler Blowhard
Admin
Reaction score
Hey Matt, some of the places like the graphics library is still locked. Just letting you know.
Yeah, I know. It's going to be more of a careful selection of people I will allow to upload to the library's. The library's are more of an area for downloading only. Anyone that will be able to upload to them will have to be someone I know and trust they will be uploading quality stuff. I don't want a NNRacing scenario where you're sifting through piles of shit to find that one gold nugget.

Everyone else can upload to the "user uploads" category for now. And I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to do that. It costs money for you guys to upload files day after day. month after month, year after year.

I'm not sure if this is the right approach or not, but it's the direction I think I want to take.

LarryFoyt50

The Face of Sand Castles
SRD Member
Reaction score
Everyone else can upload to the "user uploads" category for now. And I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to do that. It costs money for you guys to upload files day after day. month after month, year after year.

I'm not sure if this is the right approach or not, but it's the direction I think I want to take.
All good, it's your site; your rules. I was asking because I have some logos that I want to put up for download. I think I might still have some files back when I was on the crew.

MattyO

Kinder Gentler Blowhard
Admin
Reaction score
All good, it's your site; your rules.
Meh, in this case I'm just trying to figure out the best way to keep things organized as well as keeping the quality of downloads up to par.
I was asking because I have some logos that I want to put up for download.
I'll give you permissions to add files to the library. It's kinda how I want to handle this process anyway. I know you. I know you do good work. And I know you're doing this to help out everyone. You're not doing this to get as many files uploaded as possible to get your ego stroked.

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
My favorite improvement to the site is how much faster it loads. Everywhere.

Not sure where else to post this, but I'm seeing a visual bug with the downloads carousel.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 11.04.24 AM.png