1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Massive AI/Track/Physics Overhaul for NR2k3

Discussion in 'NR2003 Editing' started by dsmi155, Sep 27, 2014.

1. dsmi155

dsmi155 Well-Known Member

Would it not be a problem with the track if I can't replicate it on other versions of Daytona though? Or any other track for that matter, including the BB-MC HD tracks?

2. Little E Fan

Little E Fan Well-Known Member

On the track parts you're importing into 3dsimed, I can not stress this enough, but please try to avoid using that program to build any 3do files. The problem isn't always an FPS hit they can cause (they usually do); it's the potential game crashing issues they can cause on some people's PC's, as I found this one out the hard way. The program tends to multiply the amount of vertices an object has, and this can cause it to go over the limit the game allows.

For an example on what it does (in my case), The grandstand I built for Denver in 3dsmax 2013 and created the 3do using the papy plugin in 3dsmax 8, has 318 points (vertices).
    (Note, this object could have been optimized to have even less vertices.
    [​IMG]

The same object exported using 3dsimed has 576 points (vertices).
    [​IMG]

I would highly recommend looking into the The US Pits tutorials on how to build objects using the programs mentioned above, as it pays off in the long run.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  3. dsmi155

Honestly, and I'm not trying to be "woe is me", but I've tried a couple of times, even the tutorial on here. I just can't wrap my head around how to make it work, even basic stuff. Thus, I've had to revert to 3dSimEd, and I'm pretty darn sure that might be some of the problems since I've edited so many objects in there.....sucks. As I said before, back in the day Feempy did this stuff for our tracks. Its just me for this one, so I'm having to do what I know how to do, sadly.

Pity party over. lol

EDIT: Oh, Little E Fan, I talked with Dave about a year ago, I forgot about this, about the vertex count being messed up, and he said he worked on it and fixed it in version 3.1k. Was your grandstands made before or after this version?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  4. Little E Fan

Little E Fan Well-Known Member

It's possible as mine is 2.6. I've thought of giving a basic tutorial on how to do it myself, but I'm so horrible with wording things that it just confuses those I tried to teach lol.

5. dsmi155

Didn't you do one of those on here a few years ago?

And I'd check it out...I don't think there are those issues anymore.

6. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

I have an Intel graphics card, and it runs fine on every track except for the Richmond 2018 track and Chicagoland 2018 Day. Every other track is fine though.

Skyline likes this.
  7. dsmi155

Smoke14, you want to test it out? Anyone else?

I've found if I change the memory size from -1 to something else, the track works...not sure what that means..

8. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

I'd love to.

9. dsmi155

So....dallaire18 passed along trying the DX9 update, and the track works beautifully now...might be something with the new Nvidia cards?? I'm still trying to optimize some though. Will that work for folks who use the newer Nvidia cards, if they have issues?

dallaire18 likes this.
  10. dallaire18

dallaire18 4K Racing Games/YT

I think it's because newer graphic cards mostly Nvidia doesn't support DX8 very well it's too old. Everyone that encounter huge FPS drop problems need to do the DX9 Update and compress cars and pitcrews with winmip2 then everything work fine. I think it's a Nvidia driver update that came out one day and all this crap started.

11. dsmi155

I ran a race but still have some weird glitching when a shadow would randomly pop over a cockpit, even though the shadows on a car were off. Any thoughts?

12. dallaire18

dallaire18 4K Racing Games/YT

Did you uncheck shadows on cars from structures in graphics option tab? It need to be uncheck.

13. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

Do I still get to test it? lol

mtblillie and InsideLine like this.
  14. dsmi155

Lol. Yeah. I'm off work tomorrow and I'll get it uploaded for ya

Smoke14 likes this.
  15. Rufio2031

Rufio2031 Well-Known Member

I've seen this issue with the shadows too. Granted, I have shadows on, but I'm unsure what the cause is.

16. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

I just checked a Blender file with 347 vertices. The 3dSimEd export has 1020 vertices. This isn't a direct comparison because I'm using Blender as a make3do stand-in, but it looks like it's still adding vertices.

17. dsmi155

That's with his most recent update?

18. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

It’s using 3.1r from ~ 7 months ago. I will try it with the latest tonight.

19. dsmi155

Coming down the home stretch. I could use a few testers, preferably a few with Nvidia cards, and someone to set the pit stalls on pit road. Serious testing only. I need folks to look for bugs or incorrect issues with the track, not just get it early. Also, someone to help me finish up the camera angles...spectator cam is being a pain.