1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

MEN Cup 2017 released by Splash & Go Graphics

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by RacerXero84, Jun 25, 2017.

1. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Exactly what the title says. Mod is still beta, but has a damage model (that's pretty amazing) and works amazing well overall (no hit box detection issues, etc etc as was been in the pre-alpha version). Only minor changes to some of the basic aspects will be coming, they are saying the models themselves will not be changing.

Splash And Go Graphics Facebook Page

EDIT: Images of Damage Model/Cars

TSF141996, Takfooj, dako and 15 others like this.
  2. RacerXero84

Also: There are scenes and x-files included. Cars included in the mod range to modern schemes to some classic-era NASCAR drivers as well.

Andy1 likes this.
  3. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

I have got so say: This is one of the best mods of all time, and I now know what I am going to be spending the next month doing.

hammer26tn likes this.
  4. Andy1

Andy1 SRD - Veteran- own opinion represent !

MUCH THANKS !

... first in game screenshots in attachment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  5. RacerXero84

Simplifying the templates? lol Things got like 10,000 layers to manage. Took me an hour to simplify just the Dodge.

Andy1 likes this.
  6. ahspencer01

I don't think the templates are final. Not sure though.

7. RacerXero84

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me, but.... I'm impatient. So rather than wait, I'm just simplifying them myself. lol

8. Andy1

Andy1 SRD - Veteran- own opinion represent !

... still here a first 2car DODGE Render:

>>> enjoy !

MUCH THANKS for base scene to "Splash and Go" - TEAM !!!

Attached Files:

9. bubba025

bubba025 "I Wanna Go Fast."

I can confirm that the templates are not final

10. shaneshine23

shaneshine23 Amateur Tattoo Artist.

Wow, that has to be the GREATEST damage model we have ever had!!

Andy1 and RacerXero84 like this.
  11. scgt1

scgt1 Well-Known Member

Sweet now we just need the current car set. Would love to see a damage model like this on some trucks too.

hammer26tn and El Chavito Del 8 like this.
  12. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Moron

This mod is AMAZING! I think the car models are spot on, and the damage model is great. The way the trunk pops up when you hit the rear really adds to it as well.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  13. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Word of advice. Keep them under 100 layers and no masks and no grouped layers for the public to use. Do your thing how you normally do for the "professional" templates (grouped layers, layer masks etc..) separately. Will save a lot of headaches for you guys.

In my experience, there is 3 separate people using NR2003. Those that have shit computers and use programs such as gimp and don't get into the fine details of templates and models (the casual fan and painter). Those that do get into every single detail of a template and model and like to paint for them (nut jobs like me and DOBBS and Alan the srd crew and yourselves etc..) And they usually have a PC to support our craziness. Then there is those that don't give a shit about any of that, they just want an updated mod to race with. Find a happy medium with the templates for the public to use if this mod is meant to go public for the whole NR2003 community.

14. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Hey now, I use GIMP and get into the nitty-gritty of details for the templates :p

Mod looks fantastic! Can't wait to paint cars for it, let alone race it!

Tetronix, crazyboy335 and CJL5 like this.
  15. sro_cosmin

sro_cosmin Well-Known Member

hello all :)
    i am very glad you all like this thing. spent quite some time making it work. lots of headaches and frustrations and that is only ever since i took over.
    regarding the templates i want to apologize for not thinking ahead. they are temporary, mostly just for a quick car. there's so much detail to the cars that it hardly needs anymore. but for LODs it will and they are being worked on by some of the best group of guys in this community :p they will be downscaled for all of our simplified use.
    looking forward to people finding something that needs addressed too or something we all completely overlooked :))
    meanwhile, have fun. i have to learn how the cockpit works first, before i can attack it.

16. ahspencer01

Man, you and those who helped you with the mod have done an awesome job. To think this is only a beta is amazing. Can't wait to see the final version.

17. bubba025

bubba025 "I Wanna Go Fast."

That's actually something we were gonna do for it, surprisingly. Appreciate the advice, you're 100% correct. We tend to out-do ourselves with the layers & details. Will keep it short and sweet this time around for the public release.

Steve7151 likes this.
  18. nascarandindy

nascarandindy Well-Known Member

Will the cars, when they're fully painted, have smaller KB? I have a feeling that when I use the cars with higher KB is crashing my game like it's done the past week.

19. RacerXero84

You could export and resize/compress.

20. nascarandindy

nascarandindy Well-Known Member

I didn't know I could do that. I think that would really help me out so my game stops crashing. How do I do resize/compress my car files?