1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

MEN Cup 2017 released by Splash & Go Graphics

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by RacerXero84, Jun 25, 2017.

1. ptgrmr10

ptgrmr10 Active Member

What do you mean 3 bodies to choose from......how do you change the body style. Thanks in advance.

2. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Look at the 'make_a files' folder within the mod folder. There are road course and superspeedway variants. Copy and paste the 3DO files into the mod folder.

3. daniele

daniele Active Member

good evening from Italy. I'm a fan of nascar racing 2003. I tried this wonderful model. I have only one small problem: using the view from the inside you can not see the rear-view mirror (the mirror is too moved to the left and the opponents are not seen). difficult to drive. are there any updates to solve this problem?

4. cardr

cardr New Member

I've installed the mod, but have frame rate issues. My rig info is below. I've even turned all the shadows and textures way down. Funny thing though is that when I first get into the car I have 140fps, then when all the cars start moving off of pit road it drops down to 8fps..... Do you guys think this is because of the large cars? Will dropping the car resolution down fix this?

I would think with the computer I have it would run anything........

Thanks,
    Doug

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
    Geforce GTX980
    i7 6700K 4.2ghz
    32gb Ram

5. cardr

cardr New Member

So, once I disabled the pit crew it went back up. What's the fix for that? Just keep it off? :)

6. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder You look like an alcoholic former weatherman!

Compress your pit crews...

I really feel like this issue has been coming up a lot lately. Perhaps doing some simple research would help.

7. phantom17

phantom17 Well-Known Member

Just really had a chance to run this Mod, I have to say outstanding job @SNG and @sro cosmin and everyone else who worked on this Mod. Thank you.

Steve7151 likes this.
  8. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

This is more of irresponsible decisions of who made the cars.

It's no secret anymore that pitcrews need to be 512x512 compressed if everyone wants to paint 2048 cars. This isn't new news and anyone painting cars who also wants to paint the crews need to pay attention to that. It's fucking rediculous how many times people have issues because of the irresponsible decisions to use anything higher than 512 res compressed pitcrews. It's a pitcrew for god sakes. Anyone jerking off over details of a pitcrew needs to reevaluate how they are playing this game.
    /rant

9. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

It's like I said about a year/year and a half ago: we have reached the graphical limitations of the game/game engine. Improvements from here on out are likely going to come at a cost, in this case, the highly detailed models required to accurately portray current race cars require that you tone something else down, in this case, the pitcrews. The game only has so much texture memory to work with, and 2048x2048 cars suck up a LOT of that, leaving little for anything else (given that tracks use it as well).

I don't even have pit crews on anymore. I'd rather the cars/track looks good, plus it makes finding my pit stall that much easier lol

10. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai EJ Strypes, NASCAR Furry.

Same, I keep pit crews off too, It’s easier to notice & it also helps me not miss my pit stall.

11. 11rows0f3

11rows0f3 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I honestly never thought about it. I provide 2048 cars with 2048 pit crews so all of the detail is there and just assumed people checked this and would resize it to what works with their system. I was also thinking that NNR might be there for 20 years and when someone got my file years from now a 2048 would be best.

I actually normally run with my pit crews off as well, I was just trying to be a good painter. So.... should I always just provide a 512 crew going forward?

Shockey Rai and InsideLine like this.
  12. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

512x512 compressed is the recommended format yes. All my carsets I have always released with pit crews of that size and never heard anyone ever having performance issues on large detail tracks.

13. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

14. truexfan81

truexfan81 Well-Known Member

i had performance issues on an i5 with 8GB ram, and an evga 1050ti ftw untill i installed the directx9 update for nr2003, now it runs great no matter what i throw at it

15. scnrfrq

scnrfrq Well-Known Member

Can you explain a little more? Was this update just for NR2003?

16. Lookey2000

Lookey2000 Well-Known Member

Phoenix likes this.
  17. Phoenix

Phoenix The Meme

That car is D A N K

18. horseman89

horseman89 Well-Known Member

It will work only for good (new) PC with good graphic cards. If you have some average hardware and/or older PC don't even try this DX9 update for NR2003. For fun and tro try it i've tried it on my old laptop and fps drops to 1.2-1.5 fps and was the hell (and take time) to get out of there! :)

19. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

20. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

I'm willing to bet actual model, based on the 2018 SRD Showroom thread.

4WideRacing likes this.