1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

MEN Cup 2017 released by Splash & Go Graphics

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by RacerXero84, Jun 25, 2017.

1. scnrfrq

scnrfrq Well-Known Member

Just got a major BSOD for partmgr.sys with this mod. Never seen this before with NR2003 ever. Other mods working OK. Possibly because of the size of the cars. I may try again later with compressed cars.

2. horseman89

horseman89 Well-Known Member

I don't know guys.... probably my expectations was too high, but I'm little bit disappointed. Even BR15Gen 6 mod had better dash and cockpit view inner... :( Ok from outside models looks really great but you play (at least I am) this game with cockpit view and there is only one dash version for all the car classes + dash don't get illuminated in the night... it definitely kills all my inspiration to play this mod and I will better stick with old good BR15 then...

3. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Yeah... noticed my game would crash using 2048x2048 16bit RLE compressed cars in a full field.
    downsized to 1024 16bit RLE and no issues at all.

4. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Your expectations were too high... MENCS17 was SNG's first attempt at a mod even before WC98.

5. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai EJ Strypes, NASCAR Furry.

Your expectations are definitely too high.
    Besides, you can only do so much with a videogame that came out back in 2003.

6. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Considering that's what most mods have, I don't think expecting 4 different dashboards is setting expectations too high.

7. horseman89

@Thunder98 ; @Shockey Rai Really? Too high for asking at least 2-3 different dashboards or at least if that's so complicated for them then just make night one too. Otherwise night or day, Chevy or Toyota you always have the same look in cockpit + with not so good detail quality on dash. I don't ask them to build like it is in MENCS cars with 100% accuracy and with LCDs of course I will be asking too high then. But at least put some night lighting on dashboard for night tracks.... By the way this videogame allows pretty much if you have imagination and know how. For example look at GTP mod. They have 4 different and amazing dashes. Mazda even have some kind of LCD tach!!! Look at the pic:

Attached Files:

8. Thunder98

Going back to what I said, I'm giving SNG a free pass since this was their first mod. You can't expect everything that's considered normal for other mods from their first swing of the bat.

9. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Besides, you could always edit the gauge mips to be illuminated for night racing ;)

10. horseman89

If these guys are new ones and just now start making mods and have never done it before, then ok, like in my country says "the first puppies should be drowned". I can give to these guys at least "cookie" for tryin'! :) But I will be passing it by anyway and I'll better still keep playing and painting old good BR15 mod who at least have really great look inside and great 4 different dashes.

11. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai EJ Strypes, NASCAR Furry.

Kinda silly to skip out on a mod because of the dashboard, But hey. That’s your opinion & i’ll respect that.

12. horseman89

For me kinda silly IS making a mod with only one dashboard... But anyway that is just my opinion! You guys like it, go for it, play it!

13. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

If you don't like it why don't you take it upon yourself and do it yourself? If you don't make, you take what you're given. If you're upset with what you're given, you either start making or don't complain and just take it.

14. Thunder98

You must think 90% of NR2003 mods are silly for only having a single dash.

15. Phoenix

Phoenix Dilly Dilly

I’d take the MENCS’ models over all of the Bullring cup mods. The dash is simple and easy to read, I don’t understand what is wrong with that.

16. Lookey2000

Lookey2000 Well-Known Member

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the dash for this mod, in fact when I first started up the game it shocked me how well it was modeled compared to the real cars!

El Chavito Del 8 and Shockey Rai like this.
  17. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

I agree, It's a fantastic interior.

El Chavito Del 8 likes this.
  18. Met_fan

Met_fan Member

After doing my first two season races with this mod, I have to say I love it! As I said before about the beta mod, I love the amount of detail they put into it. Started with the correct sized roof flaps and the degree the hood flaps open, to the body shape detail and the damage model, which is really, really superior. Also, that they gave us three different bodies to choose from. Now I can drive a SS car at Daytona, a ST car at Martinsville and a INT car at Atlanta.
    As for the dash, I like it and if you look at real pictures, there isn't so much difference between the different manufacture dashes anymore since they all have the same display screen. Although I never understood, why NASCAR went for the digital dashes. Always liked the analog ones...but that is a different topic.
    The paintable steering wheel is also a nice little detail I love. Made myself a "mpi" steering wheel for my car.

So thank you very much to everyone involved in this mod, you did a great job and in my opinion did set some benchmarks for NR2003 mods.
    Keep up the good work and I hope we see some future mods from you guys :)

El Chavito Del 8 likes this.
  19. horseman89

At least a lot of them have night dash too! And I will be happy if there will be at least one dash for night tracks. Now for me it still looks like late beta or uncompleted mod.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  20. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

He's not saying anything is wrong with it. He just was expecting different interiors for different makes plus a night version of the dash. Although I find it hard to believe there isn't night mips for the interior? Is that really the case?

El Chavito Del 8 and InsideLine like this.