1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

MENC 2019 mod

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Willjr3129, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

I'm getting the same kinda help cosmin. "I'll help beta test". Oh, you mean you want the mod early and don't want to do any of the dirty work....

I'm surprised some of those mouthy fuckers in the digital design group haven't stepped up to help you. I was right about them, they like to talk a lot of shit about everyone else's inaccurate work, and sitting with their hands out, but when it's time to put up or shut up, ya hear crickets. Kinda the reason I never fully offered my help to you. I wanted to see what they could come up with, which it turns out a whole lot of nothing. I thought they were way more involved with helping you than I thought. But you're right about Italo, dude has some serious talent.

Anyhow, if I wasn't balls deep in what we are doing, I'd help ya out in whatever capacity I could. Maybe down the road we can all put something together. I'd like that. You've always done modding the right way. Never pissing on other people work to stroke your own ego. You'll always have an immense amount of respect around here, and from me for the way you've handled yourself.

2. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 Unhealthily Obsessed With Backmarkers

I've always wanted to get into modding, but every-time I look at where to start, I'm overwhelmed. I also am a bit of a slow learner, who needs constant correction and asks a lot of questions. ADHD does me no favors in being able to focus on one task for a long period of time, and a low frustration tolerance and perfectionist streak makes self teaching a bit of a chore.

The most I've modded or edited was converting rFactor cars from NSR and NT2004.

KodaTheWolf and Lottech96 like this.
  3. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

@sro_cosmin Hey bud, how come you never told me you hated doing textures? My favorite thing to do after doing modeling and damage modeling. Is creating the textures for my cockpits. I know you've seen some of my mods over the years. Hit me up, I'll be happy to create some awesome textures of any kind for you in the future. You know where to find me.

4. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread Banned

I just wanna chime in real quick and show some appreciation to the hard work the guys at Splash n' Go do. When I first joined your guys' Discord server and saw the multiple mods you guys were working on all at the same time, it was absolutely mind blowing. I totally understand feeling burnt out and unappreciated. I can't tell you the number of comments I've gotten on my YouTube channel bugging me about my next stop motion race when the last one hasn't even been out a week lol. I appreciate the hell out of the hard work you guys do, and I can guarantee a good portion of the community won't be upset about a hiatus considering you guys have rolled out half a dozen mods in 3 years

5. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 Unhealthily Obsessed With Backmarkers

I agree with the above statement, you have done more than I could ever do with this game, and you deserve a break. I have and always will have utmost respect for you all, making my dreams come true, and being open and friendly to all. We will still be here when you get back, enjoy yourself Cosmin, 6 mods in 3-4 years is a lot of work, and you need to take time for yourself too ;)

Skyline likes this.
  6. sro_cosmin

sro_cosmin Well-Known Member

That would be AWESOME! I'll hit you up if i get anything :) Thank you very much for offering. You da real MVP.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2019
  7. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

when's the next stop motion race? I agree. They do a hell of a job for the NR community.

Tetronix, joeykraus19 and dalejr88rox like this.
  8. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I feel like @DaveO @MattyO and @sro_cosmin getting together to lead a modding group would bring back the glory days of PWF completely changing the face of NR forever.

9. nascarfan89

nascarfan89 Well-Known Member

Either they would create the best thing ever, or the very seemingly different personalities the three guys have will create the largest nr2003 shitshow in years :p

Jokes aside, You've killed it this year, Cosmin. HMU if Splash and Go ever needs help with hosting costs. I have zero time in my life to learn anything nr2003 wise, and barely any to play it even, but I *can* throw money at the best people in the community at least. ;)

MWick4, Jo3blow, Riley Maddox and 4 others like this.
  10. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

If that were to happen, add the name @Smoke OR to it. He does some kick ass quality work too! :)

11. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Thanks, but I don't do shit compared to those other guys. @Smoke OR is the guy who gets the job done. I just help make it look pretty.

12. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

Woh, how could I forget @Smoke OR !? I still think it would be an Epic Mashup.

Smoke OR likes this.
  13. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

You would be wasting your time because once you release the mod they can easily get um right back out.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  14. sro_cosmin

If you think about it, nobody was ever to get the 2006 models from the NNC06 update because there were no 3d files. Once the 3do is created it's a hot mess and can't be exported properly. Closest you can get is 3dsimed and when you export something with that it's a hot mess in one mesh. Can't undo that. So, technically, it is worth it if we don't release a .max 3d scene file.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  15. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

All the parts can be extracted. The tools are right there with the mod files. Takes a bit of time and hundreds of files to sift through but certainly is possible. As to the 3do file opening up in 3dsimed you're right it pulls it as all one mesh but, there are programs that can separate those parts...... We released a viewer with one of the truck mods but it just wasn't worth all the extra effort. Bottom line is as you are finding out that there are people that will take, take, take, no matter what. It use to bother me but hell you learn to deal with it. Still doesn't feel any better to see what you spent countless hours on used in ways not intended. I've felt your pain quite a while now...........

Oh and we did have the 06 files out they just weren't spread around...........

bubba025, Riley Maddox and mtblillie like this.
  16. cabinetman

cabinetman Member

sro cosmin,
    tell me what file I need to look at,(is it the make a cam. file) and what I can do to change the in car view. I'll try working on it myself. Just point me in the right direction.

Wheatenland likes this.
  17. sro_cosmin

Right, the cockpit thing. Forgot about that. soo uhhh. I can go live with fixing that bit in an hour or so. Whoever is interested in giving me feedback, just get in the chat and do so. here's my channel: https://www.twitch.tv/splashngolive

I'll take you through the process of doing this thing and why you can't edit it on your own. See you all in chat :p

joeykraus19 and Darren Ingram like this.
  18. sro_cosmin

Ok, so here's what i had last on the stream.
    Test it out, give suggestions in this thread. drop the file in the mods root folder.
    Rename file to make_a_cts for the cts version if that's what you're using.
    It froze my computer twice doing it live, so next edits i'll do offline. NR2003_graphics 2019-03-30 23-05-35-57.jpg
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MzT0jsFO7Sio2YzVbCSC1fgHvrsENFpU

19. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

Just tried it out. You nailed it in my opinion! Huge improvement in cockpit view immersion factor. Thanks, Cosmin.

20. cabinetman

cabinetman Member

Just downloaded the new make a cam. file. Drove 10 laps at Atlanta. LOVED IT!!!!!!
    Thank you very much!

sro_cosmin likes this.