Updated
8 - Roland Camaro - ATL Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

MENCS 2018 Mod (Splash & Go)

alfiej

Reaction score
Yea with the shading and not a pure silver fuel cell or a different color and with the gauges over part of the cell, its really not that obvious, you kinda have to really look for it. ' just sayin

SlickRacer77

Reaction score
What a great mod. If I ever get a carset with ratings or NRatings figured out I will be all set. Two thumbs up!

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
Reaction score
Guys, First off love the Mod.. Nice work..

There are a few things I would love to see addressed in a patch at some point.
1. The gauges are to far from the driver view. It looks more like a panoramic view of a camera than what the driver would see.
2. The back view of the cars, You can see way to much of the ground and even the back side of the front spoiler from the rear of the car.
Need to change the chassis or add the track bar to give it more under side to block the rims and front view. Right now kinda looks like a shell of a body running around the track.

Again please take this as just years of running mods and doing work on tracks and looking at details.

PS: Look at Matts last mod on the Xfinity series and view the inside and back and you will see what I mean.

Looking forward to feedback and any update..

Again Nice work guys

Freddy

FSE Tracks

RicardoG

Splash N' Go Graphics Vintage Painter.
Reaction score
Need to change the chassis or add the track bar to give it more under side to block the rims and front view. Right now kinda looks like a shell of a body running around the track.
Well, i understand your point but this request i'm pretty sure that would be denied.
The track bar detail was my first statement on the early days during the closed alpha testings last year and it was denied, i don't remember why but was something related to poly number, not sure.
Maybe Cosmin could answer that.

As of the rest, well, i think it could be a possibility.
Cheers

sro_cosmin

Reaction score
Guys, First off love the Mod.. Nice work..

There are a few things I would love to see addressed in a patch at some point.
1. The gauges are to far from the driver view. It looks more like a panoramic view of a camera than what the driver would see.
2. The back view of the cars, You can see way to much of the ground and even the back side of the front spoiler from the rear of the car.

Again please take this as just years of running mods and doing work on tracks and looking at details.

PS: Look at Matts last mod on the Xfinity series and view the inside and back and you will see what I mean.

Looking forward to feedback and any update..

Again Nice work guys

Freddy

FSE Tracks
1. I tried so much with the gauges and camera angle, to make it look like the helmet cam on NBCSN. what i got felt the closest to it and the cockpit parts were designed to fit it. basically i stripped polygons that were out of view to save framerate so anything else will have gaps and holes as some found out when they moved the camera around.

2. That's an effect caused by the fact that NR2003 has dumb suspension travel so the cars have to be higher than IRL. They're like a freaking monster truck.
If you'd look at what the cars look like back there, it's basically the fuel cell and the parts holding the wheels in place, some crash rollbars and a track bar which i avoided from adding because it drags the ground. But i might consider this in the next update if there will be one. there are so many files that i have to edit to get this updated, it's not worth the stress.
each car has its own max file and there are over 20 .pas files involved. i didn't keep notice of anything so i might screw it up even more :))

These are my excuses :p call it laziness or just being consumed by the many demands (fair or absolutely ridiculous) i've had so far.

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
Reaction score
1. I tried so much with the gauges and camera angle, to make it look like the helmet cam on NBCSN. what i got felt the closest to it and the cockpit parts were designed to fit it. basically i stripped polygons that were out of view to save framerate so anything else will have gaps and holes as some found out when they moved the camera around.

2. That's an effect caused by the fact that NR2003 has dumb suspension travel so the cars have to be higher than IRL. They're like a freaking monster truck.
If you'd look at what the cars look like back there, it's basically the fuel cell and the parts holding the wheels in place, some crash rollbars and a track bar which i avoided from adding because it drags the ground. But i might consider this in the next update if there will be one. there are so many files that i have to edit to get this updated, it's not worth the stress.
each car has its own max file and there are over 20 .pas files involved. i didn't keep notice of anything so i might screw it up even more :))

These are my excuses :p call it laziness or just being consumed by the many demands (fair or absolutely ridiculous) i've had so far.
1. I understand.. I'm so use to the other mods I never notice if the underside hits the track during travel. I think the suspension parts help in the overall effect of the mods.. That is just my personal opinion.. Hope the next update you can include, if not I understand.:)
2. On the cockpit view I see where you were going but it's hard to view any of the gauges from that angle and the in-car was more of a simulation racing angle so for us guys that like a full simulation feel it kills it for us.. LOL. :(

Again, Just giving feedback. I know a lot of hours goes into making mods.. From all the track work I've done over the years I know how you feel.

Thanks again,
Freddy
FSE Tracks

DrNoise

Reaction score
Necroposting
I'm envious any of you are getting this mod to function. I've had nothing but problems with it. Original version, 1.1 version, etc. Doesn't really matter. Full field and it's a slide show. 3 to 6fps. I've tried turning a bunch of stuff down to the point where it's not even appealing to look at and really haven't seen much change. And there's no slow drop in frames. I'm either rocking 144fps or 3 to 6. And periodically the triangles/lines on the car freak out and I'm inside a cockpit full of triangles. My computer is a year old and built for gaming. I switched to pretty much any other mod to not have any of these problems at max settings. It's a bummer. I'd spent a full day making a giant 2018 car set and I just really can't use it. It works ok at about 20 cars. Even 30 cars seemed to go alright, but all 40 and it's a slide show. Really can't think of a solution to fix it.

DrNoise

Reaction score
For what it's worth when I test with smaller fields...it looks great! lol

horseman89

Reaction score
@DrNoise
Two possible solutions:
1) Buy a Radeon not Nvidia video card;
2) Compress pits and cars if their not compressed.
As far as I know there is no problems with fps drop for Radeon graphic cards when you play NR2003 in comparison with Nvidia. Pit and car compression usually (but not always) helps too.

DrNoise

Reaction score
I figured it out. I just needed to alter some numbers in the INI and it solved it. Works great now, as good as any other mod. Woot!

I never mentioned what brand video card I was using.

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
Reaction score
I figured it out. I just needed to alter some numbers in the INI and it solved it. Works great now, as good as any other mod. Woot!

I never mentioned what brand video card I was using.
Can you share what INI changes you made?

DrNoise

Reaction score
Can you share what INI changes you made?
it was just an adjustment to the 'graphics tweak' numbers. I've always set them to consider my video card to be a 512MB card since it was generally the highest one could go without the game potentially crashing (it used to crash for me when I'd try 1024). I just switched the equation to consider it a 256MB card and it worked fine. Graphics are all nice and crisp as well. AnisotropicLevel I also always have at 16 despite that tweaker always suggesting 0 which I've never understood. All it does is making the track and objects look like crap from the cockpit. I assume it's just a suggestion that made more sense back in the 2003 era of video cards which had a lot less power.