1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

MENCS19 Rendering Issue

Discussion in '3dsMax Help or Questions' started by jacobc62, Mar 27, 2019.

1. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Alright, so having recently done up the student license for 3ds Max again, I went ahead and downloaded the 2019 render scenes to show off a scheme that I made for the SRD Cup Series. The problem I ran into was that when I drag+dropped either the tga file or a jpg file onto the car model, the windows of the cars went from being windows to displaying the flat. How would I be able to easily work around this?

2. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

I've had that same issue. I normally just save it as "card_mustang.jpg" or whatever the model is and go about it that way.

3. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

Dragging and dropping is the incorrect way of doing things.

You need to switch the flat through the material editor. I’ll be on my PC in less than an hour, I’ll post screenshots on what you need to do.

4. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Actually, you merely mentioning the material editor was enough for me to figure out what I needed to do from there. Thank you Darren.

Skyline and Darren Ingram like this.
  5. Carbine M1A1

Carbine M1A1 Well-Known Member

Yeah you need to open the material editor select the car and you will see the corresponding material slot in the editor will have a white hilighted edge around it this is the material slot for the car
    [​IMG]

Smoke OR likes this.