1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

MLB Discussion

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by labontefanboy, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

ShadowKnight508 and burtonbraves like this.
  2. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

25-4 is the final score with the Nationals finally deciding to do something with their season. At 29, it is the most runs scored in the modern era in the National League and tied for the second most in MLB modern era, just under Texas @ Baltimore in 2007 where 30 runs were scored.

3. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

I thought it was the Redskins/Giants for a minute....

4. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Maybe now the tickets for Noah Syndergaard-as-Thor bobblehead night will be cheaper...

5. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Here is something unusual that came out of that lopsided beatdown the Nationals puts on the Mets last night. Credit to Deadspin:

Last night, Nationals reliever Shawn Kelley gave up a completely meaningless ninth-inning home run to Austin Jackson, which turned the Nationals 23-run win into a 21-run win. Maybe he was mad about dulling Washington’s historic margin, or maybe he was just angry that he was in the game at all, but Kelley responded to the dinger in true red-ass fashion.

Kelley later said he was frustrated with the umpire prodding him to slow down, though staring into his own dugout after the tantrum made it seem like his issue was with Nats manager Dave Martinez. Kelley apologized for the glove slam, saying, “You should never throw your glove. We should act like adults.” The Nationals seem to agree, and they took the unusual step of designating Kelley for assignment because his actions were “disrespectful to the organization.” The team called up right handed reliever Jimmy Cordero in a corresponding move.

Leave it to the Nationals to dampen a historic win by making a big show about respect.

SOURCE: https://deadspin.com/shawn-kelleys-glove-throwing-meltdown-will-cost-him-his-1828028302
    ry46lu41j6jqs4lyvrye.jpg

joeykraus19 likes this.
  6. puckhogg11

puckhogg11 Well-Known Member

Good for the Nationals management team. They did the right thing and can now trade or release him. Kelly is having a pretty good season and will probably be picked up pretty quickly. Hopefully he learned his lesson on how not to behave. It sucks that a playoff bound team will probably get him and he ends up in a better situation.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  7. Tetronix

Tetronix Well-Known Member

The Toronto Blue Jays lose to the Oakland Athletics 8-3 in Oakland. This completes the A's clean sweep of the Jays, winning all 7 games in the season they've squared off against each other.

The Jays are a dumpster fire. I'm no baseball coach, nor am I a strategist - but trading already-on-the-MLB-roster players like Seunghwan Oh, J.A. Happ, John Axford and Aaron Loup for Corey Copping and Jacob Waguespack (both minor league players) was a terrible call. I may be wrong, but I'd try to scope around the MLB for already active players around the league, instead of giving guys away for the minor league players who aren't experienced in the majors. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having young talent but at least figure out bullpen and fielding players and their options first and then go for the younger guys in the offseason.

Being 48-59 in the season and giving up 24 runs in 3 games while only scoring 6 goes to show that something needs to be done ASAP, but I just don't think this was the type of move.

canadienhits likes this.
  8. canadienhits

I hate the fact every few years the Jays are in a rebuild. And usually once in a generation for about a three year stretch the Jays have decent teams. Sucks to watch. Good for my A's, but then Sportsnet isn't the A's station.

joeykraus19 and Tetronix like this.
  9. Tetronix

Tetronix Well-Known Member

Well then they think about putting Josh Donaldson on the team's chopping block. He's on the DL, but even then why would Gibbons be thinking about giving up a star player? He was in a slump before he was put on the DL but that shouldn't matter as he can create some huge hits and big plays but then again I don't know how the coaches think when it comes up to the Trade Deadline.

10. canadienhits

The Jays have shown that they have NO loyalty towards their players. Even fan favorites are touchable. I halfway expected Russell Martin to get the hook. Some of their moves are head scratching.

11. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

Lol this isn't how baseball works at all...Blue Jays weren't going anywhere this season and all of those guys they traded were going into free agency. You ALWAYS trade guys going into free agency when you're a sub-.500 team.

12. JeffJordan

Yeah, very strange to see a trade nowadays with multiple major leaguers. I'm not particularly worried for the Jays with Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Bo Bichette.

labontefanboy likes this.
  13. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah the Jays have quietly assembled one of the better farm systems around the league even without trading Donaldson. Toronto needs to hope that Donaldson either accepts the qualifying offer or resigns on a 1 year deal, his trade stock has absolutely plummeted with his injuries this year. If he can get healthy and return to even close to what he previously was then Toronto can flip him at next year's deadline and land a nice haul of prospects. They aren't close to competing this season and most likely next season as well, with the Yankees and Red Sox loaded as is heading into the monster free agency class, so they should target a resurgence for a couple years from now.

14. JeffJordan

The best case scenario for any of the AL East teams except Boston and NYY is to relocate TBH.

15. ShadowKnight508

[​IMG]

Credit to Deadspin:
    SOURCE: https://deadspin.com/nationals-pitcher-heroically-respects-anthem-while-unde-1828178099

joeykraus19 likes this.
  16. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

Call me a sissy or whatever you want, but if any bug - let alone a praying mantis - came crawling up my neck, I would run all around the field till that thing came off!!! I. Hate. Bugs.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  17. ShadowKnight508

[​IMG]

Credit to Deadspin:
    VIDEO:
    https://www.mlb.com/video/reynolds-gets-tossed-after-k/c-2437619983

joeykraus19 likes this.
  18. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson Runnin' Down a Dream Paint Crew

Meant to post this yesterday, but got distracted.
    DnuQH8uU0AE9bCG.jpg

19. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

With the win today, the Pirates clinch over a .500 record. Calling @crazyboy335
    stevenballs.PNG

20. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Seeing a spelling mistake from like 6 months ago really makes me reflect.