Modding in Project CARS?...Sounds Great

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by SwiftyOne, Jul 14, 2015.

1. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Well-Known Member

Well, this ones news to me....But very interesting, I must say....
    The Site: http://machinedojomt.weebly.com/
    Post from Ian Bell...
    Source, and discussion: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Modding-Team-start-on-pCARS

Please feel free to discuss the subject in here too ;).............

Highbank likes this.
  2. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator Banned

Read through that whole thread the other day, interesting how this is being talked about...I had to chuckle a little bit by some high ranking members who obviously hadn't read Ian's quote and were jumping into the middle of the discussion with definite opinions that they had to be shown were actually wrong...funny

The ability to paint a car set goes unaddressed....as far as I've read. That's the flip side of the mods question as far as I'm concerned.

SwiftyOne likes this.
  3. SwiftyOne

This one slipped through me, the second I knew...I'm still in the WTF Wow! stage....Modding for pCARS was always a no,no,..Any thread that started with Modding...got closed....
    "The ability to paint a car set goes unaddressed....as far as I've read. That's the flip side of the mods question as far as I'm concerned"
    As to this point, I find that very strange, surely if modding is there...What effect does that have on licensing? Something I know very little of....But nice to see you back, I'm missing someone to talk to... lol!!

Highbank likes this.
  4. Highbank

Without modding and painting the game is not going to perform as they would like and forget longevity, but I have faith, it's all going to be worked out

SwiftyOne likes this.
  5. SwiftyOne

Post 201...In modding thread...A lot sooner than you thought :)
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by T0MMY [​IMG]
    I hope you dont mind me asking this. Since moding is possible now, did you guys manage to open up the .rcf files of the existing cars to add more custom liveries? I'm assuming the file format to be similar to SHIFT 2.
    Yes, this is possible. Actually it's incredibly easy. But I don't really want to show this to the masses because it also opens up a lot of other stuff in the game which could cause 'unwanted tinkering'. Send me a PM on NoGrip

Highbank likes this.
  6. Highbank

Inquiring minds want to know! But who is this Tommy or actually, the who is the one that answered the query?

SwiftyOne likes this.
  7. SwiftyOne

Tommy not sure about, but.... Lambomantisman23? That answered Tommy, is: ..Team founder/mod creator ...The top guy on that modding site...Send him a PM on NoGrip :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  8. SwiftyOne

double post ..sorry!

9. Highbank

"Lambomantisman23" OK, I know who you're talking about...this guy has the eyes of the community on him, hope his efforts bare fruit, the work looks fantastic, but it's a long way from a model to being in the game, though he does sound quite confident that he sees behind the curtain as it were...

SwiftyOne likes this.
  10. SwiftyOne

I did donate £10, just looking at the brake caliper was enough for me..looking at the team, and the only one I know is Alex Hobbs, a very respected member from WMD...I wish them all well :)

Highbank likes this.
  11. SwiftyOne

Highbank likes this.
  12. SwiftyOne

Highbank likes this.
  13. Highbank

This is good, this is very good!

SwiftyOne likes this.
  14. SwiftyOne

Thought I would bump this ....Posting a link to a post in the main pCARS forum, that I think is very good news....The Custom Livery Tool (Still WIP) The tool will allow for users to add as many custom liveries to a car as they wish. Leagues will be able to assemble packages of custom liveries for their members so that everyone will be able to see each other's livery; no more limitations to one slot. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...o-Quick-Race&p=1217939&viewfull=1#post1217939

Highbank likes this.
  15. Highbank

O Happy Day!

You know how long I've waited for this, I wanted to believe and by gosh here it is! O Happy Day!

SwiftyOne likes this.
  16. SwiftyOne

I thought you'd like this one Bill, that's probably the best news from pCARS that I've posted ;) So, by the time you've finished a car skin pack (Trans Am?) this should be ready to go :)

Highbank likes this.
  17. Highbank

BINGO! You know all they really need to do a proper '95-97 Trans Am series is a Gen4 Camaro!

SwiftyOne likes this.
  18. kdw48

kdw48 Well-Known Member

So forgive me for not really understanding much about mods and modding but does this open the door for modding in project cars like it is possible in NR2003? Will we be seeing NASCAR mods eventually? Thanks!

SwiftyOne likes this.
  19. Highbank

Good question, but only the potential modding community would be able to answer that...still this is a huge step forward in that direction....

SwiftyOne likes this.
  20. SwiftyOne

Not 100% sure, I'm like like you, in that I know very little about modding, but the fact their using a third party software to make the mods work, says to me it wont be easy like NR2003, where you just place a folder of files, and hey presto you have your new mod...But saying that, I can't see any reason why a Nascar Mod wouldn't show up later, very early days with this though, and I'm over the moon they have managed to sort out (or very close to being)the livery thing ;)

Highbank likes this.