1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Modified templates

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by RP Motorsports, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RP Motorsports

RP Motorsports Well-Known Member

Since the end of last season, I've shifted my focus in the hobby to working on what is my favorite form of racing - modifieds. It is my goal and intent to essentially revamp the modifieds and bring them up to date, as well as add some new flavor so-to-speak. Part of this effort includes all new up-to-date templates made from scratch, as well as new carsets for the tours (WMT, WSMT, MRS) which are being worked on by Ben Althen, Will Goshen, myself, and being managed by J.R. Franklin. Later on down the road I'm also planning on making new cockpits as well as some other various mips/textures, and maybe some SK carsets.

The goal with these templates was to start from scratch and make all new ones that are up to date and as accurate as possible. Those who are familiar with modifieds know that there arent just four spec bodies like with stock cars, but instead, many different bodies as well as custom panels and one-off's. It would be nearly impossible to cover them all, but my goal is to do all the most common bodies as well as the more well known one-offs on the various tours. When all is said and done, I plan on having around 12-15 different templates.

As mentioned before, these are built from the ground up. I've put a good amount of customization in them too since there can be variation from car to car. I also spent alot of time figuring out a way to add certain effects to the nerf bars, bumpers, exhaust, suspension, and rollcage layers to give them some depth and texture. Those who have painted on the modifieds will know what I mean. Before, the texture layers were flat and therefore the components had a flat look to them. Whereas now, they have some reflection, shading, and just overall more depth.

Not all the templates are complete as of right now, but I'll continue to update the thread as more are finished (and as time permits). As for when these will be made available, I honestly have no timetable as of right now. Also, just want to throw out a "thanks" to Ben for collaborating with me on different ideas to dial in these templates, and to J.R. for managing all of these projects for us.

Troyer Corvette
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Troyer Corvette V2 (no B-post)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Troyer Camaro
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Troyer Cavalier
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Troyer Cavalier V2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Troyer 16 (custom Troyer run by the #16 Flamingo Motorsports team on the WMT)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chassis Dynamics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chassis Dynamics Mustang
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Raceworks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boehler Racing Enterprises (WMT #3 car)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    18 people like this.
  2. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

So from what I understand there will also be a so called minor "update" to the mod to? As far as textures?

Sounds cool. I don't follow any of the modified tours but they are always fun to race and paint. The templates look fantastic.

1 person likes this.
  3. PepsiRacer4

PepsiRacer4 The One and Only

Wow Ryan! Those look awesome dude, great to see you're unbanned too!

1 person likes this.
  4. mje33

mje33 Well-Known Member

Those are looking great. Modifieds are my first love. I grew up at Riverside Park and I used to be on a Whelen Modified Tour crew as well as an SK crew at Stafford. Would it be possible to get a Cavalier body that is truly retro (without the b-pillars)? If you are interested in any help in painting these cars, please let me know. If you check out my Richie Evans Hall of Fame tibute car in the Staff Showroom, I think you will see the attention to detail I put into painting a modified!

mje33

5. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

Absolutely love the templates!!! Great job RP!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. K.Chuck

K.Chuck --Hijinxtattoo--

Those look great Ryan. I love modifieds, glad to see someone revamp the temps. Glad to see you back around SRD also.

1 person likes this.
  7. dejaentendu7

dejaentendu7 Well-Known Member

This is the greatest news I've seen all year =D! I work exclusively on the modifieds, and if anyone has seen my work, I recreate as accurately as possible, every Cup scheme run during the year. Last year I painted 450 Cup schemes on this mod haha. I also do one offs, and retro schemes (that I'm yet to post).
    But to see that someone else is as passionate about this mod as I am, it is great! I can't wait to see these completely done, and to see the updates to everything.
    Any word on updating the in-game rims? I see in your renders the rims look awesome.

Looking forward to this like crazy. I'm willing to help out with anything if you need it.

1 person likes this.
  8. LarryFoyt50

LarryFoyt50 Lonely Days turn to Lonely Nights

I'm glad you are back Ryan, and glad someone is working on modifieds. That area isn't touch as it should as development. These cars are the root of drivers' careers.

1 person likes this.
  9. RP Motorsports

Thanks for the kind words guys. It is very much appreciated. Most people probably wouldnt even believe the amount of time/effort I have into these. Its almost borderline crazy. Especially for a mod thats not exactly high on the popularity list. But for me and a few others its #1, and I've set the bar high for myself to do the best work I can.

Yea, down the road Im going to remake all of the cockpit textures and probably whatever else I can get myself into like wheels/tires and what not. The wheels I'll end up doing upon completion of the templates only because I want to get the wheel mips and my wheel template textures dialed in together.

As for right now, the immediate focus is being put on finishing templates and getting into the tour carsets full-fledge. We're looking at roughly 12-15 templates, three tours, plus SK's. So once I can get somewhat caught up a ways down the road, I'll start getting into some of that other stuff.

You must be loving J.R.'s Riverside Park he/his crew just released. Its ridiculous. Theres some real good track making talent in the community, but that track is on a whole different level. I find it hard to concentrate when I'm running there.

As for a retro template, that could be a possibility down the road. Its something I had never even really thought much about before but I wouldnt rule it out all together. Its just probably not something I could see on the radar any time soon to be honest. I've been working on these new templates like its a second job, and for several months now, just so that I can get them finished as soon as possible and jump head first into working on the carsets.

Also, I've seen the Evans car you painted and it looks great. Its quite the iconic paint scheme and you did a good job replicating the detail. I think Ben is going to get in touch with you.

I figured you'd be happy with it. I've seen the cars you posted in the past. I've personally never really gotten into the fictional templates/carsets thing, but I still love seeing the creativity, and especially this mod being used.

As I mentioned above, I will be doing wheel mips to go with my new wheel textures. Its been my intention to have both black and polished wheels, and as I've come to find, the wheel textures in carviewer/3ds dont translate the same in-game (especially on track), so I'll be working on both the mips and textures to get them dialed in together.

4 people like this.
  10. dejaentendu7

dejaentendu7 Well-Known Member

The work is greatly appreciated! I can't wait to see your finished product. The templates are perfect. I definitely, know what you mean by it being a second job haha. But its so satisfying once you get the cars done.

1 person likes this.
  11. BNS_Racing

BNS_Racing Well-Known Member

They look GREAT!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. burtmyers1

burtmyers1 Well-Known Member

these look amazing! are you going to release these at some point? keep up the good work!

1 person likes this.
  13. SBJR7

SBJR7 Well-Known Member

I think you my friend just revamped this awesome mod! Great job, If these were to be released, I would 100% use these. Props to you!

2 people like this.
  14. IAmLambert

IAmLambert Well-Known Member

That's some amazing work! Any chance on these being released soon?

1 person likes this.
  15. RP Motorsports

Thanks for the kind words guys. It is very much appreciated. As I said before, I dont even think I could explain the amount of time and effort I've been putting into these without it sounding a little crazy. Thats what happens when you're as picky as I am (and when you're trying to do 12-15 different modified templates). But its all worth it to me. We have a great group with Ben, Will, and J.R., and I can confidently say that we'll be putting out modified work that far exceeds anything ever done on this mod, and could never be duplicated. Thats how good these guys are.

The templates will eventually be released. I honestly couldnt throw any kind of time frame out there though. Not all of them are finished yet. I will say that it probably wouldnt be until after the carsets are released, at the earliest.

16. SKiNDATA

SKiNDATA Well-Known Member

I've never tried the Whelen mod but once you release all these I'm sure as hell gonna give it a try.

1 person likes this.
  17. burtmyers1

burtmyers1 Well-Known Member

any chance of another sneak peek at these?

18. RP Motorsports

2 people like this.
  19. kammon17

kammon17 Member

now how is the game goin to pick up for say the new troyer car with the ramp hood is goin to be just on the template or will the game pick up the shading ? also does anyone have the contingency for the WMT or WSMT?

20. RedHemi05

RedHemi05 Well-Known Member

No offense but they don't look any different than the old ones to me. What is new about them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.