1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Movies Discussion

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by champ4811, Nov 11, 2014.

1. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Saw Episode VIII tonight....

All I can say is, in a good way, WOW......

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  2. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

I think now is an appropriate time to remind everyone that this exists...
    z.PNG

3. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Well, for the most part, I enjoyed Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi. There were a few moments in the movie that had me going "what?", but other than that, I feel like it was an enjoyable watch and took the current story in a different direction than what I was expecting. Some fans might be disappointed with the movie (three of the seven friends/acquaintances that went with me last night didn't like the movie, while the rest of us thought that it was either good or great), but I can get behind where it is taking the current trilogy.

My only big issue with the movie (outside of posting spoiler-ish stuff) was just how long it was (clocking in around 2 and a half hours, without the twenty+ minutes of trailers/previews that were shown before the movie). The trailers/previews started at 12:01 AM, and it was around 12:27 AM when the movie finally started. I walked out of the theater at 3:00 AM when the movie ended.

I would give this movie a solid 7.75/10 final score, which is about the same score that I gave Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Mystical likes this.
  4. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Feel the same way really. Was not the most amazing thing ever but not bad either.

Like what was the point of Snoke? Who was he really? Never explained then he died.

I was hoping Kylo and Rey joined together but instead we still have this light and dark side I guess since she declined. I think the movie made it feel like it was going to lead this one way but instead it did a different thing and got me a little disappointed. I really don't know what will happen in 9. I do like there was not an over abundant use of lightsabers at least, no actual lightsaber duel in this movie.

5. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Just watched Star Wars and here are my immediate reactions:
    Glad they got rid of the unnecessary villains (Snoke and Phasma) and made Kylo Ren into a much more worthy villain than I felt he was before.

BUT... There were some stupid parts too. What was with that random kiss close to the end? There was no point to that at all. And the part where the control bridge gets blown up but Leia's perfectly intact body floats out into the vacuum of space before she opens her eyes and force pulls herself back. Even a force user isn't that invincible.
    Overall, definitely not a 10/10. But it was still pretty awesome.

Mystical and GambitJon like this.
  6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I guess I am one of the few that thought, as far as a movie, 7/10.... as far as being a Star Wars movie.... 3/10.
    Pros: - hyperspace kill shot was cool, but it does kind of up the ante in terms of kamikaze stuff. - We do get to see some 'new' force powers that only existed in the Expanded Universe
    Cons: - whole movie was about ships chasing other ships until they ran out of fuel. - Snoke was friggin pointless really. - Can we not take a giant eraser to anything that existed previously? - We wasted 30 minutes on a side adventure that had NO REAL POINT.

Overall, absolutely disappointing. A few "wow" moments in an otherwise dull movie that felt like the director was just saying "fuck you" to JJ Abrams and Star Wars fans of old. Seriously considering introducing my kids (Jacen and Jaina for those that get the reference) to the EU and simply saying the new Disney films are essentially fan fiction.

Mystical likes this.
  7. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Wife and I finally got around to seeing SW: The Last Jedi yesterday. I think they could have cut at least 30 minutes from the movie, especially the whole sequence with the multiple Rey's, and it would have been a better movie.

8. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Gonna keep it spoiler free, but there are several scenes that don't establish anything that could have been cut. It was interesting though, unlike any other Star Wars movie. I enjoyed it but it was a very flawed movie

9. ShadowKnight508

10. ShadowKnight508

11. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 5 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

This is why I still love the Marvel Studios' movies over the DC ones, because it's much ordenated and better ejecuted than DC and WB awful cutting movies.

USSTalladega likes this.
  12. ShadowKnight508

13. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 5 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

I still love Marvel movies

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  14. ShadowKnight508

Alright! The feature-length sequel to one of the best small-budget films that I have ever seen has finally been announced! Credit to io9:

[​IMG]
    SOURCES
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/kung-fury-is-getting-a-sequel-starring-michael-fassben-1822936940
    http://variety.com/2018/film/news/michael-fassbender-action-comedy-kung-fury-1202695496/

For those who have never seen Kung Fury (2015), you can find it below!

USSTalladega likes this.
  15. ShadowKnight508

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      142.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    USSTalladega likes this.
  16. ShadowKnight508

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    USSTalladega likes this.
  17. JeffJordan

JeffJordan Yes, my name is actually Jeff Jordan

Saw Black Panther last night, easily my favorite from the MCU. I felt like there was a weight that the previous entries just didn't have. It also had a quality, well-developed and acted villain that the MCU movies usually lack.

18. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

I believe that would be the great Andy Serkis who acted the villain in Black Panther, and darn it all if that man doesn't win an Oscar for SOMETHING this year.

He's only basically single-handedly invented the mo-cap acting techniques...