1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Mueller Investigation

Discussion in 'Politics/Religion' started by Darren Ingram, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

Former Trump advisor Roger Stone has been indicted by the Mueller special counsel and arrested on charges of obstruction, false statements, and witness tampering.

2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

You know what?

Good.

Dude has over hyped himself since day one. I love when Mueller takes out our trash for us. Nice work with Cohen, and good job with the overblown Stone.

Still waiting to see how this all links into Russian Collusion, given that it is indeed the scope of his authority. So far I see lying to FBI, Congress, some tax related stuff (pretty sure that's the first time in 10+ years someone has been actually jailed for that by and by.... wasn't there a Reverend that owed something like $5 million.... and instead of being in jail he was an honored guest at the White House? huh....)

I'm so thoroughly entertained by all this. I can't WAIT till this expands towards Steele. Because, if we are being completely fair, he's a foreign agent, and had an influence on 2016. So where we at with that? Oh, and since we are doing up all the people even ASSOCIATED with that.... I'm thinking DC as a whole might start looking pretty empty....

3. Darren Ingram

Ya know, we don't agree on a lot of things, but I like the sound of this. Seriously.

Let's hit the reset button, start over. Get rid of the two party nonsense, and lets elect officials that truly care about their constituents, the American people. Easier said than done, I know, but hey, a man can dream.

4. RacerXero84

Ya know.... I can back that. Personally never liked the concept of "career politician". Yeah, compensate them for services to country.... but nobody in politics should be getting rich. To me, that becomes a conflict of interest and leads to many selling influence or votes for $$$, and we wonder how we get here....

5. Darren Ingram

I can see where that term could put a bad taste in people's mouths. But, I'm on of those people that truly loves this country and I wouldn't be opposed to a career in politics. I've thought about running for Congress one day. To me, it would be a great honor to serve the people of my congressional district and try to improve the country. I'd love the chance to put my mark on trying to improve the country. Of course, I'm not drawn to it for the money, and I was in shock when I discovered that a Congressperson's salary was 174k a year. No wonder we've got so many people just trying to line their pockets.

6. chevy29

chevy29 Well-Known Member

Yep and there was more tax dollar wasted on this little arrest, then was spent on the investigation into the Vegas shooting and Florida HS shooting combined! ( Mule-er ) is a joke!!

7. Darren Ingram

I don't think investigating and charging people who committed crimes is a waste of money, but what do I know.

Spike, EarnhardtFan and Tetronix like this.
  8. RacerXero84

I think what he means is the proportion compared to money spent on crimes with actual, no-longer-living victims. In that regard, I'd agree with him. I don't think we needed SWAT and all these federal goons to arrest ONE guy who said, if called on, would have surrendered willingly. Judge even let him walk with a signature because he's not a flight risk. C'mon now. That's like sending that SWAT unit after Elian.... the kid during the Clinton era? Yeah. Obnoxious and highly unnecessary.

Has anyone figured out how CNN was tipped off to be there at a pre-dawn, virtually last minute raid? Anyone? Mueller... I mean.... Bueller? Bueller? No....? Huh.

chevy29 and MrDude68 like this.
  9. Darren Ingram

Cohen hearings happening right now if anyone cares.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?458125-1/michael-cohen-testifies-house-oversight-committee

I've been watching for about 30-40 minutes so far, and I can't help but come to the conclusion that Cohen is a liar. I have no doubt he's telling the truth about much of what he's testifying right now, but he just comes across as an untruthful person to me. Although, some of the things he is talking about are quite interesting, like him receiving payments from the President well after Trump was in office, and supposedly giving up control of his businesses.

EarnhardtFan likes this.
  10. RacerXero84

As Rep. Jordan pointed out: he's going to jail for (among other things) lying to Congress.

If the Chairman actually thinks any of his testimony would hold any legal water, he's kidding himself. Anything that is found (if anything is, of course) as a derivative will likely be deemed inadmissible due to the nature of the witness and his status; it calls far too many things into question. This was actually covered fairly extensively in one of my criminal justice classes. Zero chance they can use anything he has said in any meaningful manner.

11. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

This is pretty much how I feel about it.

I felt, to some extent, that the Republicans' strategy today needed a lot of tweaking. They had a lot of opportunities to make a case by showing and instead attempted to make a case by telling. Attacks on Cohen's character weren't helping their cause because he by and large owned up to all of the things the Republicans were accusing him of.

12. RacerXero84

So. Mueller submitted his report to AG Barr.

President Trump gets to stay President for another 2-6 years, because early reports strongly indicate no collusion.

Imagine. My. Shock.

So I believe it's safe to assume we can now start looking at varying degrees of abuses of power by former President Obama officials, particularly in regard to FISA's. Since we are all about allowing for due process and investigating credible reports of criminal activity.... right? No? Huh.

13. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

I really do hope that they end up looking into some of the massive abuses of power from those questionable officials in the old Obama administration. It will be a colossal embarrassment if they don't even make any effort into looking at those bad FISA applications, the people involved, and other issues that have been revealed in the 22 months since the whole Mueller investigation started.

J.R.Franklin, RacerXero84 and nj9703 like this.
  14. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

As much as I am enjoying the fact that what I thought is true, and that is Trump didn't collude with the Russians to win the Presidency. It was Hillary and her teams complete and total ignorance that lost her the Presidency. I am happy to see our Democracy at work and our checks and balances to keep the President in line so that no matter what we think is true or not true, our Democracy prevailed. That is what I feel everyone should be happy about. Because at the end of the day, the Russians goal is to destroy our Democracy at all costs.

In the meantime though, CNN and MSNBC, here ya go :)
    [​IMG]

DaleTona75 and RacerXero84 like this.
  15. wslates

wslates 1

Not a fan of Trump by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm happy he was cleared of serious wrongdoing and I trust Mueller as a respectable investigator.

EarnhardtFan likes this.
  16. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

That’s how I feel tbh, I hate the guy more than I could ever express but I won’t deny that it’s nice to know that a sitting president didn’t collude with a historically malicious country.

From what I have been seeing though, while it doesn’t prove him guilty of anything, it doesn’t clear him either.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  17. RacerXero84

If you operate based on our own legal system, it absolutely does. If their was collusion, there would have been SOMETHING to work with. Instead, the investigation found "no evidence of collusion". So in that aspect, yes, he is innocent, as are all people until proven guilty, something everyone would do well to remember. Pretty sure CNN/MSNBC are going to learn that the hard way to the tune of 250 MILLION USD (for a separate but similar transgression), and personally, now that this investigation is over, I'd like to have a team dig into what started this whole thing that essentially wasted millions upon millions of taxpayer dollars, and have those responsible foot the bill.

18. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

19. RacerXero84

So he might have been careless, seems like similar wording that Comey used in reference to Hillary's server debacle.
    Can't prove a crime in this case without intent. Good to see at least the standards are the same.

20. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Actually, it's quite clear. Crystal clear. If he obstructed, he would have been charged. You sound like CNN and MSNBC. You're all floating in the river of denial.
    There is no collusion. There is no obstruction.

Next play. I think we all know the Dems won't accept the results, much like your posts are indicating. So we'll just wait for the next thing he supposedly did wrong for the Dems to be upset about.

Meanwhile, the economy is flourishing and he's still your President.