1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Multiplayer Questions

Discussion in 'Online Racing' started by Rassy, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Rassy

Rassy Active Member

Sorry if these are easy questions, but I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer. If I missed it, please point me in the right direction. If not, here are a couple quick questions:

1) I am planning to race with my friends on a regular basis. I use the Gen6BR15 mod. I also made custom cars for each of us. In order for all the correct cars, and paint schemes, to display correctly for each user, do all users need to have an exact copy of my "Gen6BR15" folder inside the "series" folder on their machines? Or, will they display correctly as long as I have them on my machine as the race host?

2) This is basically the same question, but with regard to opponent strength. I use NRatings to adjust AI driver strength before each race. I keep a default cars folder tucked away as a backup and just overwrite the car loaded into the game with NRatings prior to each race. Do I have to send out the updated cars to all users and have them put them in their "Gen6BR15" folders for the strengths to represent accurately, or will they be correct as long as they are set on my machine and I'm hosting?

Thanks for any help!

2. DeetahTheGame

DeetahTheGame Well-Known Member Banned

I think all players have to have the same stuff. Not only same BRgen6 file, but also same graphics settings.

Rassy likes this.
  3. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

I honestly have no clue about the AI, considering I have never been in an online race with AI also participating..... However, I do think that the AI will run off of the server host's AI settings, mainly since that's how the track is done up for everyone (it uses the host's files).

As for your friends' paint schemes, not only do they need the same scheme, but for everyone to see a paint scheme, everyone MUST have the EXACT same carfile as the person driving it. If the driver was to change the paint scheme, then EVERYONE has to also have their version of the carfile updated or else it will still show the old scheme.

Rassy likes this.
  4. electrodisco

electrodisco Well-Known Member

1. yes, each player in the online session needs to have the car files. so if you're using a custom car, they need that same car file in their folder

2. no, only the host needs to adjust the strength and that's how they will run during the race

Rassy likes this.
  5. jgegner

jgegner Find New Roads

Thread moved to the NR2003 Online Racing forum.

James

6. Rassy

Rassy Active Member

Thanks a lot everybody. That was very helpful. I think I'll just zip up the whole Gen6BR15 folder and have everybody extract it to the same location on their machines. We all run max graphics so hopefully that will keep us all lined up.

Thanks again!

Highbank likes this.