1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

My First Render Attempt

Discussion in '3d Model and Scene Showroom' started by Death_Punch78, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death_Punch78

Death_Punch78 Well-Known Member

After much trial and error and with zero prior experience with 3ds Max I finally got near what I wanted. Still can't figure out how to get the background to reflect off the floor when or render when I add it into 3ds, so I had to add it in Photoshop. But considering my level of experience I don't think its that bad. I could have done a render request for what I want, but I like to learn new things and try them for myself. I taught myself Photoshop so why not 3ds Max? lol

Attached Files:

2. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

+1 For giving it the old college try and trying to do it yourself.. I've always enjoyed trying to learn new things also.. What version of Max are you using?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  3. Death_Punch78

2014, it was like looking at a foreign language, but YouTube can be a great learning tool. LOL. Just gotta figure out the wall reflection. I'm sure I will in the next day or so.

1 person likes this.
  4. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

LMAO I'm sitting here testing out some stuff, and yeah what I'm doing feels like it's written in Greek, but I have this stubborn streak in me that loves learning new stuff..

Yep youtube can 100 percent be your friend when you wanna learn something new. Ah, one version I don't have is Max 2014.. Good luck with it!

1 person likes this.
  5. Death_Punch78

Thanks, I got the wall thing figured out! Now onto realistic indoor lighting

Attached Files:

6. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

Where'd you get the Max 2014 from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

Like the concept...looks like the old Jerry Nadeau/ Joe Nemechek scheme for the Hendrick 25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Well-Known Member

Here you go. I have a few tutorials on my youtube channel. Check out studio lighting. I can also make another tutorial if you guys need any. Hit me up with any questions.
    3DS Max Tutorials - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.