Downloads
Updated

My Ideas for NASCAR The Game 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniot

Lurker
Reaction score
Hey I just thought of something that would be cool if these guys keep making NASCAR video games. Ok so just like fisha, i'd do the same exact career mode, but in future games, like start out with the K&N Pro Series then work your way up to the trucks, nationwide etc. After each race you complete have like a driver or car owner tell you mistakes you made so that you can be better the next week. Also like if your into setups and all that have like Chad Knaus tell you like really good setups for the upcoming race. Then Like have a NASCAR RaceDay preview show.

Ok so say your into painting cars and all that. They should have a really dynamic painting tool to make like some of the most realistic paint schemes you can come up with. Kinda like painting for NR2003.

Ok everyone's talking about making your own track. I couldn't agree more. I create tracks for NR2003 all the time. And I am just chomping at the bit to do it in NASCAR 2011. It should have like a reconfigure a random track like say Phoenix. Repave and all that. So tell me what ya think of my ideas and reply back, and if u wanna see some of my nr2003 vids, my youtube channel is 8803Dorsey. Add me and sub if ya would like to. And happy holidays everyone!!!!

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hey I just thought of something that would be cool if these guys keep making NASCAR video games. Ok so just like fisha, i'd do the same exact career mode, but in future games, like start out with the K&N Pro Series then work your way up to the trucks, nationwide etc. After each race you complete have like a driver or car owner tell you mistakes you made so that you can be better the next week. Also like if your into setups and all that have like Chad Knaus tell you like really good setups for the upcoming race. Then Like have a NASCAR RaceDay preview show.

Ok so say your into painting cars and all that. They should have a really dynamic painting tool to make like some of the most realistic paint schemes you can come up with. Kinda like painting for NR2003.

Ok everyone's talking about making your own track. I couldn't agree more. I create tracks for NR2003 all the time. And I am just chomping at the bit to do it in NASCAR 2011. It should have like a reconfigure a random track like say Phoenix. Repave and all that. So tell me what ya think of my ideas and reply back, and if u wanna see some of my nr2003 vids, my youtube channel is 8803Dorsey. Add me and sub if ya would like to. And happy holidays everyone!!!!
I like it, but it wouldn't appeal to the casual gamer who just wants to race. Ratbag did something similar with DTR series however, they never sold well.

Also it's on a PS3 so not moddable, but I did read that if there's enough PC support, they may consider a PC version of NTG2012. Paint shop's in IIRC but not detailed.

Still it ought to be a good game.

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying its a good one (it is), but I honestly doubt it'd appeal to people who buy casual games and just want to put the disc in and play with their fave drivers.

HOWEVER. Once they get into it, then yes a career mode may be an option down the road

I've got more value out of career modes than quick races/seasons in various games (e.g. Madden/NCAA/2k games/NT series), but I'm not a casual gamer.

I love the grading idea being a major fan of the 2k NBA games and how they do it, so you'd get (for instance) points for/removed for 'good pass' 'rough driving' 'contact with opponent' 'drafting' (though that'd have to be a low one for obvious reasons), 'perfect start/restart' etc, grades go from an A+ down

..........or am I thinking too far ahead??

Track creation, IF it were in would be limited at best, look at the create a team features in other games. For an example, GT5 has track creation but it's very, very basic, not a lot to tweak, and I think your idea is asking too much. MAYBE as DLC it'd work, but I'd rather hae Euchy focus on getting the game right out of the box. (Also, I'm not sure if track creation'd fall under licensing issues)

juniot

Lurker
Reaction score
not sure, but this is just my what I would like to see in upcoming nascar games.

Status
Not open for further replies.