1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

My personal archive. (Plus something extra.)

Discussion in 'Logos - Decals - Graphics' started by John Gamboa, Jun 23, 2017.

1. John Gamboa

John Gamboa The Mr. Sparkle of NR2003.

*UPDATED AS OF 7/4/2018, finished uploading all IndyCar photos from Honda's media site as of 7/4/2018. Will now start to download/upload Chevy's IndyCar photos from 2012-current and update the Honda folder as the rest of the 2018 IndyCar season finishes up.*

Hey everyone. I have been planning this out for the past few months now as a way to give back to SRD after being here for 10 years. And while I missed my self-imposed deadline for the day I made my account here, I figured posting this on my birthday is the next best thing.
    Included are links to all the logos and numbers I've remade myself so that I'm not just hoarding my own work. Also, I included some of the photos that were on GM's old Media site that closed down in late 2012.
    I had hoped to upload more stuff by now, but with computer woes that I barely got resolved last month; I got held up for a while. Needless to say, I'll keep uploading my stuff as time goes on, but I won't post every time I upload something since that would be repetitive and I'd be spamming that way.
    I'll also update this post with more links to other folders that I will try to compile.

-Decal sheets (for referential purposes with recreating older schemes):
    https://mega.nz/#F!m8FXxArJ!zQTrznYHuoIwTyfRbAflTg

-Hero Cards (for retracing any driver signatures/numbers):
    https://mega.nz/#F!ms8XQYwJ!znSVIf4PkViUKg7WLCMzkQ

-IndyCar and CART Archives:
    https://mega.nz/#F!qsFBESKB!Efnq8LHeIN5LI_XYZ8OITQ

-Logos and numbers that I remade myself:
    https://mega.nz/#F!OtURQYBa!bIkEpyZQ_hvZyGFAMlfanA

*NEW* -Logos in Vector & PDF Format (Official Artwork Only):
    https://mega.nz/#F!r4sxXSwC!JwhoNmn6HJQCeHtFD6g1_w

-NASCAR-Assets Request Folder (for everything from there from 2004-current):
    https://mega.nz/#F!fhkW0CpS!xbswjYML-MVUXFi18NYyMw

- Photos from Ford's old Media site (viewable until early 2013?); this has been updated so that you can find everything under one master folder:
    https://mega.nz/#F!boEB2I5a!xoRaIMkFUu8Et__lZlhpbQ

-Photos from GM's old Media site (that was viewable until the end of 2012). This is divided into four folders:
    https://mega.nz/#F!79s0wTKJ!ovhscjSifWpeh-GQyk_9Aw

-Winston Cup Photos from Misc. Sources:
    https://mega.nz/#F!qt1x2TaJ!OKmAnIxKVPH17frDmdP-4A

-Zipped (compressed folder) Photos from NASCAR-Assets ; 2007 Nextel Cup:
    https://mega.nz/#!29NGUASA!W2PbRCcO8V6S_t4osMb989fE7y3Dj9TVNBQWDjGCXb4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And for anyone who's interested, here are some pastebin links. One is a master list of all logos I've identified the fonts of while another one is a master list that has links to logos from their official sites in vector format (EPS/AI). The third pastebin is how to download images (in the highest possible size) from various sites. The two lists are sorted from A-Z and I will update these as well whenever I can.

-Company logos: https://pastebin.com/5ycqHRbV

-List of fonts used by companies: https://pastebin.com/ae3K83A9

-*UPDATED* Methods to download NASCAR images from various sources: https://pastebin.com/pEdzK50J

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To be uploaded soon™ (as of 7/4/2018):
    -Individual Winston Cup photos from Flickr, FOX Sports, NBC Sports and USA Today. *Need to track down more photos to upload.*

-IndyCar Archives from Chevy (2012-current) and Honda (2003-current). Might upload some pics from miscellaneous sources if I can find any in high-resolution. Also going to add some CART pics as well under "Misc. Sources". *Honda's IndyCar photos are almost completely uploaded (dependent on future races from the 2018 season). Need to start working on the Chevy folder. *

-Redoing logos and numbers that I had made from 2010-2013 for better quality and layering. *Will always be updating.*

-Vector files (AI/EPS/PS) of logos that I have amassed from their own websites and PDFs of their branding guidelines/annual reports. The latter will help for remaking/extracting logos that goes back to 1994. (Obtained through Archive.org's "Wayback Machine".) *Done with annual reports/brand guidelines that I had saved offline, now I need to start finding more PDF's from the corporation's own sites.*

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    Mcc457, nj9703, nascarfan9 and 32 others like this.
  2. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

For something as extensive and helpful as this, fastest thread I'll ever sticky here.

3. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Thank you John! I know I'll get some use out of these. :D

4. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Holy crap this is actual treasure! Thanks so much for sharing all of this work, you are the man!!

5. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

This is fantastic. Thank you very much man! Also, happy birthday!

6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I'm starting to worry how big these files are LOL...

Thanks for this, such a massive library of content, you must've been working on all this for quite some time.

EDIT: nm, all content totals about 2.6 GB... still massive though lol

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  7. John Gamboa

You have no idea how much more files I have to go. :p Most of it is photos, but I can safely say that I've barely scratched the surface with what I've had uploaded and what I am currently uploading.

8. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I can imagine. My paint folder currently stands at 125 GB (probably paltry compared to some others, but still sizable). I've seen your name quite a bit before, and I have you figured with many of the veterans of the community, so your folders are probably as comprehensive if not more so.

9. John Gamboa

Yeah, I've been here for 10 years (12 years off-and-on in the NR community) and have floated around from paint crew to paint crew during that time (this site included). I don't post that often, but I'm usually up for helping anyone with their paints through PM's here or facebook, since those are the sites I'm on the most right now.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  10. John Gamboa

Added another Pastebin link for a tutorial on downloading images from places like Twitter, FOX Sports and Flickr. I also added a link to all photos I have from Ford's Weick site (old media site). Ford Weick images are sorted by racing series and then by year.

*NOTE #1* Ford's old Weick folders will be permanently regarded as incomplete for anything before 2010 since the site was shut down while I was grabbing images from there back in early 2013. I had only found the site in late-2012, which meant only a few months worth of downloading from there. Anything past 2010 is downloadable through Ford's current media site. Some photos from before 2000 are on this site as well (under Motorsports and then Historical), but don't count on anything more than partial/sporadic uploads.
    *NOTE #2* Uploading images from NASCAR-Assets isn't going to happen at all without splitting up the folders into series and then adding in the photos by years and hosting the rest on a backup MEGA account just for that purpose since the free accounts on MEGA have a storage limit of 50GB and the photos I have from NASCAR-Assets are 75GB by itself.

11. Gene Evans

Gene Evans Well-Known Member

Excellent resources. Thank you for this. This will get allot of use. Thank you again.

12. Tanner Hart

Tanner Hart New Member

thank you so much for this helpful thread, this is very helpful for people like me who haven't been in the community for the past decade.

13. John Gamboa

Hey everyone. I have another tutorial in mind on how to find fonts, but I would like to see if anyone is interested in it or not.
    Now, before anyone outright says yes to this, I have a caveat when posting this, mainly that I'm not going to post direct links to fonts on it for a few reasons.
    1) Files get uploaded and removed ridiculously fast and trying to keep up with it is simply foolish.
    2) No matter how much or how fast fonts get shared, there's always gonna be some fonts that are almost impossible to find, even with all the methods in mind.
    3) This is considered piracy if used for anything commercial (i.e. for profit or for building up a portfolio). If you want a font for that reason, just pay for the font/font family if it's reasonably possible for you. If you can't pay for it, then try looking for a similar font that is either more affordable or is free for use commercially. Here's a link to 30 free font resources that will help you out in that regard.

With that in mind, if anyone is still interested in this, then let me know. If anyone wants help for finding a particular font but don't want to risk corrupting your computer by doing so, then feel free to send me a PM and I can give you links that way through a file-storage site like MEGA, MediaFire or anywhere else that you would prefer. I must state though that I won't always find the font no matter where I look, but I'll at least give it a fair shake in terms of trying to find it.

TColeman12 likes this.
  14. DERacing

DERacing SRD's Resident Lunatic!

Great information John! Thanks!

15. John Gamboa

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates on my end. I've been meaning to upload some more stuff for a while, but I haven't really done that except for some stuff that was requested here and there.

Anyways, I added about 200 logos to my NR2003 resources along with the rest of the archive I had from GM Weick (a good chunk of it was IndyCar and misc. motorsports). Still need to finish uploading what truck photos I have from Ford's old Weick site, but since I didn't save them in folders like I had with everything else; it's gonna take a while to find everything from all the folders I have and then upload them into their own years.
    Also, I went ahead and set up a folder purely for IndyCar archives from Chevy (2012-) and Honda (2003-) since I plan to upload what I'll get from those two sites alone; along with getting some CART photos from misc. sources. I tried to look into downloading from IndyCar's site (like I do with NASCAR), but there's no possible way to manipulate the URL to generate the original-sized images. I also tried to look into NHRA as well since there are some photos in the GM Weick archive, but there's no photo galleries on their site (except for throwback stuff, but even that's not that big compared to what I uploaded from GM's old media site), and NHRA's media site isn't viewable unless you work for the press and have an account there.
    Finally, I plan on redoing all the logos and numbers that I had made from 2010 to 2013 so that they're in much better quality since they look pretty bad when I look at them now. I also have a folder set aside to images in JPEG, PNG, PDFs, EPS and AI form so that I have more logos to redo as well. (Right now that folder has about 550+ files for me to start from and I plan on always adding more just so that I'm always adding more to my "to do list".)

Also, here's a bit of a tip in regards to my archive:
    If you want to download anything more than a few files from any of my folders but don't want to worry about having to stop that when you want to close your browser, I would recommend using a download manager program like JDownloader2 or MegaDownloader. That way, you can start and stop the download process whenever you want as well as select and remove anything you don't want either beforehand or while you download your files.

16. povanator

povanator New Member

wow! so much gold. many, many thanks, man!

17. John Gamboa

Hey everyone. I just updated the first post with some changes. Here's what I did:

I updated the "Methods to download NASCAR images from various sources." pastebin document and added a Hero Cards MEGA folder. The latter is still in progress, so don't be surprised if more images start showing up soon.
    I also added the NASCAR-Assets Request folder for anything from the three major series (plus misc.) from 2004-current. I will not be uploading everything I have from there since that's too much data to fit under my account even if it was completely empty. I will also not be doing this very often since it would take all day to do so with my current internet speed.
    Finally, I also added a new task of uploading vector files to my "To Do" list. I'll upload what I have, but if anyone wants to request me to track down a particular company/logo from a specific year (for the sake of accuracy); I'll do my best to find them.

Tetronix, riviera71, MrDude68 and 2 others like this.
  18. John Gamboa

Hey guys, here's another post regarding the newest updates to the 1st post.

-Posted the link to a folder set up for Vector/PDF files. (Nothing from sites like BOTW or Webchantier for the vector files in AI/EPS/SVG, I'm strictly getting the vector logos from the companies' own websites. PDF files are for pulling the logos out with Adobe Illustrator or redrawing through Photoshop or GIMP.)
    -Added more photos from the Winston Cup/Busch series era from going through FOX, USA Today and Twitter.
    -Added more logos that I had redone since Feb. 2018.
    -Started uploading Honda's archived pics for the IndyCar series.

mtblillie and Tetronix like this.