Latest resources

FreeCamera NascarMan32
A new, working camera editor for NR2003!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

My thoughts on KB v. Harv...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Chang

SRD Member
Reaction score
You can clearly see it in the video, it wasn't on purpose. It just didn't look like it to me by any stretch of the imagination it was done on purpose.

Even if he did no one would believe him, so it would have been pointless to do so.

I'm not a fan of Kyle Busch, by the way.
You should know by reading any NASCAR thread that Kyle is automatically guilty. He's an evil person out to ruin the world and should be condemned to hell (sarcasm). I didn't like him running either but half of the stuff I've read reeks of "I hate Kyle and he finally gave me a REAL reason to jump on him so I'm going to milk it for all its worth".

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
You should know by reading any NASCAR thread that Kyle is automatically guilty. He's an evil person out to ruin the world and should be condemned to hell (sarcasm). I didn't like him running either but half of the stuff I've read reeks of "I hate Kyle and he finally gave me a REAL reason to jump on him so I'm going to milk it for all its worth".
We've had real reasons before. Harvick is a saint by no means, but Kyle is a lot worse in the opinion of most, just because of his attitude. Harvick is the guy you don't want to mess with and Kyle is the one that starts it in most cases.

Frigus5

Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean
SRD Member
Reaction score
If I may interject real quick:

I had a thought today. It was that Kyle Busch is the Paul Tracy of NASCAR.

Love PT or hate him, you gotta admit, they are sorta similar.

Of course, I'm pretty biased with my dislike of PT, but both drivers can wheel a car very well and have attitude problems.

Though I WILL admit, PT's no chicken. I'll admit that much.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
Kyle is like Darrell Waltrip. Or the former Darrell Waltrip. Big talker. Kyle will be respected someday when he accomplishes something pretty amazing.

kwillymac

SRD Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is when you watch the restart going into turn 1 and 2 Busch clipped Harvick a little. Harvick runs him down to let him know his displeasure. Then Harvick gives the bumper to Busch in three (retaliation). Busch is loose and Harvick goes back to the inside and then Bowyer decks Harvick into Busch. After that Harvick tries to get off Busch by going down a few lanes and Kyle goes down too hook him. They actually showed a replay from Harvicks bumper cam in turns 1 and 2 that showed Busch getting into Harvick. Everyone knows Harvick will get you back, thus the bump in three. The Bowyer thing no one could do anything about. Then Busch got bent and thought Harvick was trying to take the side of his car off and hooked him. That is my story and I am sticking too it.:)

Harvick is gonna get him though...NO DOUBT!

Last edited:

RP Motorsports

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
If I may interject real quick:

I had a thought today. It was that Kyle Busch is the Paul Tracy of NASCAR.

Love PT or hate him, you gotta admit, they are sorta similar.

Of course, I'm pretty biased with my dislike of PT, but both drivers can wheel a car very well and have attitude problems.

Though I WILL admit, PT's no chicken. I'll admit that much.
I see where you're going with that. However, I think the similarities are minimal at best.

They both do have that kind of "I dont care what anyone thinks" type attitude, but I think thats where it ends.

PT isnt a hypocrite, he doesnt throw tantrums when things dont go his way, and I certainly dont think he would start trouble and then pull some idiotic reckless move and run away.

Just my .02.

-Ryan

Phantomguy24

TyV2
SRD Member
Reaction score
I've tried my hardest to stay out of this but i can't stand on the sidelines anymore. First off let me say i don't particularly care for either one of these drivers. HOWEVER. I have to side with kyle on this. This is my explanation for his actions saturday. 1. Kyle nudged Kevin 2.Kevin let kyle know how he felt. 3. Kyle either didn't know Bowyer was there and didn't like harvick not giving him any room or (More likely) Good ol' Kyle already had some pent up anger at kevin and this pushed him over, Bowyer or not. 4. Heat of the moment, Kyle Wrecks Kevin. Now for the interesting part. If you've ever listened to DW talk about kyle this year you'd know he's trying to build a better image of himself. I think Kyle felt that getting into a shoving match with Kevin would not help the aforementioned image. So he tried to avoid him knowing he would be able to settle it in the nascar trailer out of the public eye. The car punting was an unfortunate accident that probably could have been avoided if Kyle wasn't in such a hurry to get away from the media. I'm not saying anything of what Harvick did was wrong or unjustified. I'm simply seeing this from Kyle's POV.
Phew that was a lot of venting.

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
I've tried my hardest to stay out of this but i can't stand on the sidelines anymore. First off let me say i don't particularly care for either one of these drivers. HOWEVER. I have to side with kyle on this. This is my explanation for his actions saturday. 1. Kyle nudged Kevin 2.Kevin let kyle know how he felt. 3. Kyle either didn't know Bowyer was there and didn't like harvick not giving him any room or (More likely) Good ol' Kyle already had some pent up anger at kevin and this pushed him over, Bowyer or not. 4. Heat of the moment, Kyle Wrecks Kevin. Now for the interesting part. If you've ever listened to DW talk about kyle this year you'd know he's trying to build a better image of himself. I think Kyle felt that getting into a shoving match with Kevin would not help the aforementioned image. So he tried to avoid him knowing he would be able to settle it in the nascar trailer out of the public eye. The car punting was an unfortunate accident that probably could have been avoided if Kyle wasn't in such a hurry to get away from the media. I'm not saying anything of what Harvick did was wrong or unjustified. I'm simply seeing this from Kyle's POV.
That's bascily how I saw it as well. (Well maybe the spin was payback for what Harvick did to kyle at Homested last year.)

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thank you! While I'm pretty disappointed in Kyle myself, we'll never hear the end of this now because of what happened. I will admit, he did this to himself, but I'm still curious to see how long this KB-bashing/hating will last. Probably for quite a while.

Although, this will possibly make truck/Nationwide races more interesting now when Harvick and KB are in them together.

And Frig, I like the new avatar. Us KB fans have to just keep truckin' with our heads held high.

Last edited:

JasonRSC

Former SRD Crew Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb here and say....

I prefer tater tots. Potato wedges come a close second. French fries are overrated, IMO.

Julio Chang

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb here and say....

I prefer tater tots. Potato wedges come a close second. French fries are overrated, IMO.

That statement is completely rediculous. Nothing is better than French fries. And that's a fact... IMO. See if I attach IMO to anything I can say whatever I want lol.

RP Motorsports

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
If you've ever listened to DW talk about kyle this year you'd know he's trying to build a better image of himself. I think Kyle felt that getting into a shoving match with Kevin would not help the aforementioned image. So he tried to avoid him knowing he would be able to settle it in the nascar trailer out of the public eye. The car punting was an unfortunate accident that probably could have been avoided if Kyle wasn't in such a hurry to get away from the media. I'm not saying anything of what Harvick did was wrong or unjustified. I'm simply seeing this from Kyle's POV.
I'm sorry, but how is pushing a car out of the way an accident? Its not like his foot slipped off the clutch while applying just enough throttle, all by mistake. It was a reckless decision that cant be justified in any way, especially not as an accident. The car hit the wall hard enough that it could've seriously injured somebody on pit road. Theres no excuse for that at all.

And if he was really worried about saving face and not tarnishing this "new image" of his, punting an unoccupied car on pit road sure as hell isnt going to do that.

It has nothing to do with hating on Busch or anything like that. He was pissed off with Harvick, didnt want to stick around for what might unfold on pit road, and made a stupid/dangerous/reckless decision to punt the car. Theres no two ways about it and theres no excuse for it. Safety on pit road is a serious thing, especially after the race when the place is swarming with people, and his action was completely unacceptable.

-Ryan

darth_decar

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree. Kyle attacked in the heat of the moment. Had it ended there, I don't think this would be such a big deal (after all, how many times have we seen one driver hook another?) I think that Kyle fully intended to pull onto pit road and just as he would normally; however, Harvick wasn't about to let this matter drop. I'm certain that Kyle knew, based on Harvick's past history, that a fist fight was inevitable. And Kyle simply wanted to let the matter drop (who knews, he may have intended to call Kevin today to talk things out). Watching the replays, all I could see was how intent Harvick was on blocking Kyle; Harvick is every bit as responsible for his car being plowed into the pit wall as Kyle was for shoving it. I won't deny that what Kyle did was a pit road hazard, but I'm saying that he wasn't the only one responsible. I'm sure there are some that'll disagree with me, but that's my feelings on the topic.

Last edited:

Phantomguy24

TyV2
SRD Member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with hating on Busch or anything like that. He was pissed off with Harvick, didnt want to stick around for what might unfold on pit road, and made a stupid/dangerous/reckless decision to punt the car. Theres no two ways about it and theres no excuse for it. Safety on pit road is a serious thing, especially after the race when the place is swarming with people, and his action was completely unacceptable.

-Ryan
I agree with you 100%. i guess in the heat of my rant i must have typed accident which really isn't the right word. It was more of acting without really thinking.

RP Motorsports

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Harvick is every bit as responsible for his car being plowed into the pit wall as Kyle was for shoving it.
I know there are Busch fans that want to stand up for him and I appreciate that, but thats really stretching it. It was definitely Harvick that was initiating the confrontation on pit road, but to say he is every bit responsible for Busch punting the car is borderline irrational. The only person driving/controling Busch's car is Busch himself.

That would be like some guy walking up to your house and grabbing your bike and you say 'hey you better put down my bike', and then he pulls out a gun and shoots you, and then someone says 'hey you're every bit as responsible for getting shot as the guy is that did the shooting'.

-Ryan

Frigus5

Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean
SRD Member
Reaction score
Busch shouldn't have punted Harvick on pit road. He shoulda just flipped him off and pulled it behind the wall.

Shoving him into the wall was honestly ridiculous.

darth_decar

SRD Member
Reaction score
Just watched the vid again, and I have to say that there was a detail that I missed; when they were drove back onto pit road, Harvick was clearly watching his rear-view mirror, but he was slowing to a stop well before Kyle reaches him; he could've tried to follow Bobby Labonte and avoid Harvick altogether (or stop short and try to get out his car before Harvick did), but instead he drove right up to Harvick's rear bumper. Though Harvick was clearly try to block him in, Kyle willingly drove right up to his bumper when it looks like he didn't have to.

In truth my biggest beef with this issue is that it took the media spotlight away from Mr. Smith and victory.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
33 was dumb for making it 3 wide. Busch is a dumb a$$. Harvick shouldn't have pushed him down and then bumped him. But hooking Harvick was overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.