Latest resources

2020 ARCA Menards Series East Carset BryceO84
2020 ARCA Menards Series East Carset for the Gen6BR_cts mod.
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - BRIS1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - CLT1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - DAR1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - PHO1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

My thoughts on KB v. Harv...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyJack79

20+ Years of Sim Racing
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't like the way Kyle Busch operates. His attitude is repulsive, interviews dry and condescending. He shouldn't have been so butt-hurt about the wreck, but neither should Harvick for that matter. Clint Bowyer is the one with the real gripe here. I don't like when drivers refuse to get out of their car when confronted with a beat-down. It's a punk move going to another driver's window with your helmet on, even bigger punk move not getting out of the car. I won't even start on how dangerous the pushing the car off after Harvick got out.... I'd suspend Busch for that alone.

undedavenger

SRD Member
Reaction score
Didn't look to me like he wrecked Harvick on purpose.
As they did many times during the BK-Edwards thing last year, look at his gloves. He turned HARD left. The car did not slide, it was under control. He hit Harvick on purpose. Clear as day to me.

darth_decar

SRD Member
Reaction score
I know there are Busch fans that want to stand up for him and I appreciate that, but thats really stretching it. It was definitely Harvick that was initiating the confrontation on pit road, but to say he is every bit responsible for Busch punting the car is borderline irrational. The only person driving/controling Busch's car is Busch himself.

That would be like some guy walking up to your house and grabbing your bike and you say 'hey you better put down my bike', and then he pulls out a gun and shoots you, and then someone says 'hey you're every bit as responsible for getting shot as the guy is that did the shooting'.

-Ryan
The more I think about it the more I have to agree. My apologies for my earlier post, it was a bit of a rash vent in favor of Busch. After watching the replay again it seems he was not as...shall we say 'forced to shove'.... as I originally thought.

kwillymac

SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't like the way Kyle Busch operates. His attitude is repulsive, interviews dry and condescending. He shouldn't have been so butt-hurt about the wreck, but neither should Harvick for that matter. Clint Bowyer is the one with the real gripe here. I don't like when drivers refuse to get out of their car when confronted with a beat-down. It's a punk move going to another driver's window with your helmet on, even bigger punk move not getting out of the car. I won't even start on how dangerous the pushing the car off after Harvick got out.... I'd suspend Busch for that alone.
I agree with this statement. These are some of my feelings about Busch. I wonder if some drivers feel the same way. What Kyle doesn't seem to realize is he loves to rub everything in the fans faces. But he is also rubbing everything in his fellow drivers faces. Sometimes people get pissed. Like his brother years ago, Kyle will probably get punched in his face. Bound to happen. I don't look at him like an overly aggressive driver either. I think he is a good driver, not as good as D.W. tries to make him look, but oh well. Just his overall attitude and disdain for second place comes off different than all the other drivers. If you watch anyone come in second, they usually talk about the good car and thank the crew and sponsors. If Busch comes in second. "Car just wasn't good enough" "What do you want me to say?" Then gets sarcastic with any other questions. Thanks no one after the race and walks away with the stupid look on his face. It is a team sport and he is very lucky he has always driven for a top team. If he is trying to change his image by talking about religion then be thankful for something. Those are my issues.c.c

Last edited:

Darrell Pace

Got a fresh set of Good Bye's on!
SRD Member
Reaction score
I find it funny about the new Kyle Busch and Regan Smith avatars on this board.

Darrell Pace

Got a fresh set of Good Bye's on!
SRD Member
Reaction score
People like Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards are fake. Kyle Busch has done nothing to prove to anyone that he is a "changed" man on the racetrack. Case in point what happened Saturday night. Heck look back at Phoenix when he clearly came across the racetrack to hook Newman and ended up getting into and wrecking Carl Edwards. The boy is a B-**** just like his brother. Kurt Busch is just as fake as he is. Both of those goobers are arrogant and feel like they deserve everything and anything without accomplishing something.
I have never in my life seen someone ( Ky. Busch ) get out of a racecar and complain about being second like he does. The ugly mother needs to learn some humility and realize that there are hundreds of racecar drivers out there that would give up everything they have just to finish second in the Sprint Cup Series. Heck I know I would, I would give anything just to have half the talent that idiot has. But I have accepted the fact that I will never drive in a professional series and I am not bitter at all. I am not going to piss and moan because life didnt work out the way I wanted it to.
In short any and all drivers that complain over something stupid like finishing second, needs to get over their selves. Including Harvick.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
People like Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards are fake. Kyle Busch has done nothing to prove to anyone that he is a "changed" man on the racetrack. Case in point what happened Saturday night. Heck look back at Phoenix when he clearly came across the racetrack to hook Newman and ended up getting into and wrecking Carl Edwards. The boy is a B-**** just like his brother. Kurt Busch is just as fake as he is. Both of those goobers are arrogant and feel like they deserve everything and anything without accomplishing something.
I have never in my life seen someone ( Ky. Busch ) get out of a racecar and complain about being second like he does. The ugly mother needs to learn some humility and realize that there are hundreds of racecar drivers out there that would give up everything they have just to finish second in the Sprint Cup Series. Heck I know I would, I would give anything just to have half the talent that idiot has. But I have accepted the fact that I will never drive in a professional series and I am not bitter at all. I am not going to piss and moan because life didnt work out the way I wanted it to.
In short any and all drivers that complain over something stupid like finishing second, needs to get over their selves. Including Harvick.
Kyle Busch isn't fake, he's just a chicken. He doesn't act all nice and then go out and try and kill somebody. He made a huge mistake on Saturday night by shoving Harvick's car out of the way and by hooking him in the first place, but he's not fake by any means. He just can't/won't back up his on track actions off the track because he got scared. Carl Edwards wouldn't get scared, but he just acts nice on camera. Kyle had been making strides this year to change his attitude and had done a really good job of it, but unfortunately this incident pretty much destroyed what he had gained this year and then some. And about Phoenix, I do believe his incident with Edwards was an accident. His car at the beginning of the race was just pure crap, but he apologized after the race (he had never done that in the past) and while Edwards was still upset, understandingly, I do believe KB was sincere with his apology.

Julio Chang

SRD Member
Reaction score
Just figured I throw this out there. Mr. tough guy Kevin Harvick sat in his car until crew members got to his car and THEN got out to fight. They were both being pansies as far as I'm concerned and I was and still am a fan of both guys. I don't defend Kyle bumping the car on pit road. That was a bad idea and I imagine he'll get a fine or something from it. My defense of Kyle is more or less based on the fact that when he screws up its always somehow a million times worse than when anyone else screws up. Drivers start stuff and then run and hide behind their crews all the time. That's just as sissy IMO, and judging by the fact that Harvick's crew was there, had Kyle actually gotten out there would've been Budweiser red protecting Harvick against Kyle who didn't have his backup with him and no punches would have actually been thrown.

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
This Just In:

Jayski's said:
Harvick fined, no word on Busch: per a Kevin Harvick tweet: "4 weeks probation and $25,000 fine....I understand because of the car on pit road.." The penalty by NASCAR is for an incident on pit road at Darlington with #18-Kyle Busch after the race. No word on any penalties for Busch

Mustang

#11DH #14CB #18KB #20CB #42KL #99CE
SRD Member
Reaction score
Harvicks is gonna be like any driver, if you didnt like how someone else was racing with you, you go and tell them! Kyle is gonna be kyle also! I dont really care what happens to who! All i want is for someone to end JJ's Championship Streak!

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR has penalized NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick as a result of rules infractions committed at last weekend's event at Darlington Raceway. Busch, driver of the #18 car, and Harvick, driver of the #29 car, have each been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events until June 15 for violating Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing  involved in an altercation on pit road after the conclusion of the race). "These penalties are a result of what occurred on pit road after the race was over," said Kerry Tharp, senior director for communications, competition. "They are about maintaining a safe environment on pit road."(NASCAR)(5-10-2011)

placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events

That means Nationwide/Truck/All-Star races are not included.

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR has penalized NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick as a result of rules infractions committed at last weekend's event at Darlington Raceway. Busch, driver of the #18 car, and Harvick, driver of the #29 car, have each been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events until June 15 for violating Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing involved in an altercation on pit road after the conclusion of the race). "These penalties are a result of what occurred on pit road after the race was over," said Kerry Tharp, senior director for communications, competition. "They are about maintaining a safe environment on pit road."(NASCAR)(5-10-2011)

placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events

The Next Couple Of nationwide/truck races should be interesting. Not to mention the all star race.
I'm curious to see where this feud explodes at.
EDIT: After checking out the entry lists for this weekend at dover,It looks like Kyle and Kevin will be in the truck series race.

Last edited:

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR has penalized NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick as a result of rules infractions committed at last weekend's event at Darlington Raceway. Busch, driver of the #18 car, and Harvick, driver of the #29 car, have each been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events until June 15 for violating Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing  involved in an altercation on pit road after the conclusion of the race). "These penalties are a result of what occurred on pit road after the race was over," said Kerry Tharp, senior director for communications, competition. "They are about maintaining a safe environment on pit road."(NASCAR)(5-10-2011)

I love how they totally ignore what happened on the track and how Busch gets the same penalty as Harvick, despite being MUCH worse in reality.

TLmac55

SRD Member
Reaction score
I've tried my hardest to stay out of this but i can't stand on the sidelines anymore. First off let me say i don't particularly care for either one of these drivers. HOWEVER. I have to side with kyle on this. This is my explanation for his actions saturday. 1. Kyle nudged Kevin 2.Kevin let kyle know how he felt. 3. Kyle either didn't know Bowyer was there and didn't like harvick not giving him any room or (More likely) Good ol' Kyle already had some pent up anger at kevin and this pushed him over, Bowyer or not. 4. Heat of the moment, Kyle Wrecks Kevin. Now for the interesting part. If you've ever listened to DW talk about kyle this year you'd know he's trying to build a better image of himself. I think Kyle felt that getting into a shoving match with Kevin would not help the aforementioned image. So he tried to avoid him knowing he would be able to settle it in the nascar trailer out of the public eye. The car punting was an unfortunate accident that probably could have been avoided if Kyle wasn't in such a hurry to get away from the media. I'm not saying anything of what Harvick did was wrong or unjustified. I'm simply seeing this from Kyle's POV.
Phew that was a lot of venting.
Ok sooooo you mention him trying to build a better image so thats the reason why he runs from harvick??? If he trying to build a better image he wouldn't HOOK someone in front of the WHOLE feild. I can't stand when DW talks about him being a new person. He's not. He's the same ole kyle busch and showed it AGAIN on sat night. Please stop with this stupid "Oh he's changed" bs -__- Kyle is who he is and will always be that way. I wish ppl would just stop trying to change him cuz it's not happening!

TLmac55

SRD Member
Reaction score
I love how they totally ignore what happened on the track and how Busch gets the same penalty as Harvick, despite being MUCH worse in reality.
That's what i hate about nascar. When they hand out penalties it's the same to both drivers. Last year when edwards dam near killed B Kez they both got the same penalty as well -__-. With that being said i have no problem with the penalties. I think a suspension would have been extremely excessive

Shift

Sim Racing Design Legend
SRD Member
Reaction score
With the exception of Harvick's fine, it's pretty much what I figured it would be.

TLmac55

SRD Member
Reaction score
With the exception of Harvick's fine, it's pretty much what I figured it would be.
Same here. I Knew they would get the same penalty even tho i think kyle's fine shoulda been a little more than harvicks

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Why is this such an uproar? They both did stupid things. Harvick shouldn't have gone at Kyle like that, it is understandable, but when Kyle peeled out like that Harvick could have hurt himself. So they are both in the wrong. And maybe Nascar didn't give them penalties for on track actions because they want them to "have at it", but they want them to act like grown-ups (lol) when the race is said and done.

I remember when I was a kid, a bully was giving me $hit and pushed me onto the ground. I got off the ground and I straight up pushed him back. A teacher saw it all happen, but who got in trouble? Both of us!

It's not really surprising they both got a slap on the wrist.

Frigus5

Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean
SRD Member
Reaction score

As a Kyle fan, what the heck did Harvick do wrong? Since when was trying to have a word with someone wrong? That's what Kevin did. He wanted to give him a piece of his mind. But, he didn't do anything because KB fled.

I'm a Kyle Busch FAN and I'm completely confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.