12 - Menards/Sylvania Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2 - Dent Wizard Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

My thoughts on KB v. Harv...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukaColaV13

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
It almost looks like these guys could get away with having an unsanctioned, no-gloves boxing match in pit road. I guess that's "Boys have at it" for you though.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
Fined? Really? The notion of "Boys have at it" is ridiculous if you get fined for it. They didn't fine Gordon for going after Burton, and they shouldn't fine Kyle or Kevin for entertaining us. The racing quality is the reason I don't give up on the sport, and sadly, many cannot see past NASCAR's recurring stupidity in this matter.

Frigus5

Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean
SRD Member
Reaction score
Now that I look at it more deeply, the only thing that was wrong in this situation was when Kyle punted Harvick's empty car. But IMHO, that isn't a big deal considering the number of crew members in front of the car where it hit was minimal. Some may see it differently, but I don't see it as that big of a deal.

Really, if they literally went out and wailed on each other after destroying each other's car, then yes, fine them. But no punches were thrown and hardly any words spoke (to each other).

Bgartz29

SRD Member
Reaction score
Now that I look at it more deeply, the only thing that was wrong in this situation was when Kyle punted Harvick's empty car. But IMHO, that isn't a big deal considering the number of crew members in front of the car where it hit was minimal. Some may see it differently, but I don't see it as that big of a deal.

Really, if they literally went out and wailed on each other after destroying each other's car, then yes, fine them. But no punches were thrown and hardly any words spoke (to each other).
I agree the big problem here was punting the empty 29 car on pit road and I honestly think that the 18 should of been penalized points or maybe suspended a non-Sprint Cup race (Nationwide or Truck). I don't think it would of been worthy of a Cup races park because IMO someone really has to screw the pooch to loose a Cup race.

But I also have a problem with the way Kyle wrecked Harvick as well as the way Montoya wrecked Newman. I am firmly against wrecking someone intentionally by spinning them to the right, because that is way people can get hurt. Getting turned to the right really increases the chances of a head on collision at a decent speed. With a head on collision, essentially all of the energy of impact is transferred to the car and driver at once increasing chance of injury. When with a sliding or even tumbling wreck, the energy is dissipated gradually. So if one would want to dump someone, they should turn them left which gives that spinning car more time to slide and lose speed. But this is just the engineer in me talking.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
See now, just another thing, I doubt Harvick would have thrown a punch if Kyle didn't flee. By driving away, Kyle gave Harvick one way to deliver the message. Trying to punch him, because that was all he could reach for.

rs500blake

SRD Member
Reaction score
from what i can make out of it.... kyle pushed harick as much as harvick pushed him, but if you pause the footage as kyles car veers right then left which spins harvick his left front looks like its dragging on the floor with a flat tyre, which would cause the car to pull left, im not certain it was flat but looks a lot lower than it had been throughout the race, and was definatly flat and dragging immideatly harvicks car started to spin.
the stuff on pit road...... in hind sight kyle could of reversed and gone round him but in the heat of the moment he just tryed to get away. not one of us can say they wouldnt of done the same if we had someone throw a punch throw our window.
did make me laugh though how nascars supposed hard man, wouldnt actually get out of his car to throw a punch untill his 2 tone pit man was standing there to hold his hand lol

Mike24

Retired
SRD Member
Reaction score
Seriously. You see what I mean.

Every article that he writes is absolutely idiotic.

Its come to the point wherein I see the title of an article on ESPN.com's NASCAR section...and if it sounds stupid or nonsensical...I assume Blount wrote it (and I am right 99% of the time).

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR poorly defined "have at it, boys" ever since Earl sent Keselowski to the fence.

Doesn't make Blount right, tho. Fans wanted the loose rulebook and NASCAR obliged.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Fined? Really? The notion of "Boys have at it" is ridiculous if you get fined for it. They didn't fine Gordon for going after Burton, and they shouldn't fine Kyle or Kevin for entertaining us. The racing quality is the reason I don't give up on the sport, and sadly, many cannot see past NASCAR's recurring stupidity in this matter.
What I'm thinking is that anything off track that goes down is what gets fines/penalties handed out. Gordon's boil over was literally out on the track while the KK (Kyle, Kevin) incident was on pit road, off the track.

Either way it was stupid on bot their parts. Kevin for getting out of his car when he shouldn't have and Kyle for playing bumper cars.

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
Regardless of what side you are on, I think we can all agree that Terry Blount continues to show everyone what a MASSIVE idiot he is, as a writer who has no place covering NASCAR for espn.

As seen in this 'article'...

Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick not to blame for Darlington incident; NASCAR is - ESPN
i agree. but i also agree with what he said here:
An angry Harvick stopped his car in front of Busch on pit road, and then climbed out to go confront Busch.

But Busch no longer had the reverse gear in his car. That was confirmed later by NASCAR officials. Busch blew the gear out trying to avoid Harvick before both drivers reached pit road.

So Busch's choices were to get out of the car and have a physical confrontation with Harvick, or nudge forward to push Harvick's car out of the way and keep going.

What Busch didn't know was Harvick's car wasn't in gear, so when Busch tapped the rear bumper, Harvick's car turned hard left into the pit wall.

Busch's other option was to get out of the car and fight. When he didn't, some Busch bashers immediately tweeted he was a sissy, or another word I can't use here.

There's more to this than meets the eye. Harvick's sponsor is Budweiser. Getting rough and throwing punches isn't a big deal when your primary sponsor is a beer company.

Busch's sponsor (Mars Inc.) markets to children with M&Ms, Snickers, etc. Doublemint gum was on the car Saturday, but it's all the same company.

Throwing a punch is not an option for Busch and he knows it. So getting out of the car when it was obvious Harvick wanted to trade blows wasn't a good idea for Busch.

Busch's crew also knows fighting is a no-no considering what is on their firesuits. Doing so could cost the team a major sponsor, and it also could cost a crew member his job at Joe Gibbs Racing.

zaw24fan

SRD National Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
I know everyone saw Kyle Busch get out of shape on the backstraight on that restart with 5 to go, but did anyone notice who he bounced off of? Kevin Harvick.

Someone may have noticed/posted this already, but I found that interesting.

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
I know everyone saw Kyle Busch get out of shape on the backstraight on that restart with 5 to go, but did anyone notice who he bounced off of? Kevin Harvick.

Someone may have noticed/posted this already, but I found that interesting.
Who inturn bounced off his teammate Clint. IMO it was just a chain reacation that ended with kyle getting payback for what Kevin did to him at homestead. Plus Kevin's wife's reaction was priceless. If kyle should be afrid of anyone it would be her.

zaw24fan

SRD National Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
Who inturn bounced off his teammate Clint. IMO it was just a chain reacation that ended with kyle getting payback for what Kevin did to him at homestead. Plus Kevin's wife's reaction was priceless. If kyle should be afrid of anyone it would be her.
No, no. Not the one off of turn four when Bowyer went around. I'm talking about the first time onto the backstraight after the restart with 5 to go. We may be talking about the same thing, but the way you're wording it is you're referring to the inncident off of 4.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
There's more to this than meets the eye. Harvick's sponsor is Budweiser. Getting rough and throwing punches isn't a big deal when your primary sponsor is a beer company.

Busch's sponsor (Mars Inc.) markets to children with M&Ms, Snickers, etc. Doublemint gum was on the car Saturday, but it's all the same company.
This Blount guy really is an idiot. Just because KH's sponsor is Budweiser doesn't give him the green light to throw punches. By his logic Harvick and Keselowski can drive like drunks as long as their sponsored by beer companies.

Also, since when does Kyle Busch's sponsor stop him from getting into a fight? These days you sure want to keep kids away from violence. The way society is now a good number of people think Spongebob freakin' Squarepants is too violent. Mr. Blount must be one of them.

Probably the last thing they were thinking about was what logo is stitched into their suits or pasted on their cars.

Other than that, Mike your right. This guy is more of a joke than the Nationwide series, in which he probably doesn't even know exists.

Frigus5

SRD Member
Reaction score
My point proved yet again.

ESPN is run by drunk monkeys.

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
This IS NASCAR Media we're talking about, almost anyone involved are bound to be idiots.

Mike24

Retired
SRD Member
Reaction score
This guy is more of a joke than the Nationwide series, in which he probably doesn't even know exists.
lol...actually, he does know it exists. A few months back he wrote about the new 'pick a series' structure in the Nationwide series...and chastised it. No because it didn't limit NWide starts for the Cup guys who would still end up winning most of the races...but because he felt it would hurt the series if the NationWhackers were winning every week, but were not recognized with a Championship title at the end of the season....*facepalm*.

Frigus5

SRD Member
Reaction score
lol...actually, he does know it exists. A few months back he wrote about the new 'pick a series' structure in the Nationwide series...and chastised it. No because it didn't limit NWide starts for the Cup guys who would still end up winning most of the races...but because he felt it would hurt the series if the NationWhackers were winning every week, but were not recognized with a Championship title at the end of the season....*facepalm*.
Are you serious?

How does he even stand up? How does he not just keel over twitching?

Status
Not open for further replies.