Latest resources

FreeCamera NascarMan32
A new, working camera editor for NR2003!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

My thoughts on KB v. Harv...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
lol...actually, he does know it exists. A few months back he wrote about the new 'pick a series' structure in the Nationwide series...and chastised it. No because it didn't limit NWide starts for the Cup guys who would still end up winning most of the races...but because he felt it would hurt the series if the NationWhackers were winning every week, but were not recognized with a Championship title at the end of the season....*facepalm*.
Not one...but 2...yes TWO posters for this.

Frigus5

Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean
SRD Member
Reaction score

Bgartz29

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yes because if I'm Kyle Busch and I see Kevin Harvick walking towards my car the thought running through my mind is "I don't wanna fight him because I don't wanna tarnish the M&Ms brand." Yup that would be my thought process, please the ONLY ESPN NASCAR writer I have any respect for is Marty Smith, the rest are garbage but then again who the hell goes to ESPN for NASCAR coverage.

Now the one thing people don't seem to understand here is how do we know Harvick was dead set on stopping Kyle Busch's face with his fist? Usually with these altercations, the drivers just kind of grab each other and just mouth each other off until crews arrive to separate. I think Harvick switched gears to throwing a fist when he saw Kyle trying to flee the seen. Of course I could be wrong and we were one coward move away from a good ol fashion throw down.

On I side note I do really wish Harvick would take his helmet off before he confronts people, he did that during his last two memorable run ins (Montoya and Busch). I know he isn't afraid of getting in someone's grill (ie Biffle), so he just needs to get over that bad habit and confront face to face.

Frigus5

Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean
SRD Member
Reaction score

Mike24

Retired
SRD Member
Reaction score
Now the one thing people don't seem to understand here is how do we know Harvick was dead set on stopping Kyle Busch's face with his fist? Usually with these altercations, the drivers just kind of grab each other and just mouth each other off until crews arrive to separate. I think Harvick switched gears to throwing a fist when he saw Kyle trying to flee the seen. Of course I could be wrong and we were one coward move away from a good ol fashion throw down.
That was my thinking exactly. In all likelihood, Kevin was going to yell at Kyle through the window net, dropping every expletive in the book...questioning his manhood, insulting his family, et al...but when Kyle scampered away, Kev channeled all of that verbal rage into one fell swipe at the shrub, which was all he could do to get his anger out.

On I side note I do really wish Harvick would take his helmet off before he confronts people, he did that during his last two memorable run ins (Montoya and Busch). I know he isn't afraid of getting in someone's grill (ie Biffle), so he just needs to get over that bad habit and confront face to face.
Don't forget his throwdown (and win) for that matter against Carl Edwards at 'Dega in ('09?)

Bgartz29

SRD Member
Reaction score
Don't forget his throwdown (and win) for that matter against Carl Edwards at 'Dega in ('09?)
There are too many for me to reminisce about in one post lol. I'm just glad there are people like Harvick, Stewart and even the old Kyle Busch before he decided to stop trying to be the bad guy. This sports needs personalities like this to give the sport a less corporate feel. That is my biggest gripe against ol Five Time (Jimmie Johnson). He is so PC about everything he does that it is just boring to watch. I don't even mind him winning I just want personality and emotion.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
There are too many for me to reminisce about in one post lol. I'm just glad there are people like Harvick, Stewart and even the old Kyle Busch before he decided to stop trying to be the bad guy. This sports needs personalities like this to give the sport a less corporate feel. That is my biggest gripe against ol Five Time (Jimmie Johnson). He is so PC about everything he does that it is just boring to watch. I don't even mind him winning I just want personality and emotion.
My feelings exactly. Whether you love/hate KB he is what makes Nascar exciting.

TLmac55

SRD Member
Reaction score
My feelings exactly. Whether you love/hate KB he is what makes Nascar exciting.
I'd like to throw harvick in that list too. When was the last time you saw harvick win a race boring? I Can't stand kyle busch but I will admit i love to watch him race. Same with Harvick

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
trevor bayne is the justin bieber of nascar? REALLY? at least trevor bayne has talent.
OUCH. Very true though.

I'm not gay, but isn't Kasey Kahne the hot one? I mean the dude has commercials with girls all ga ga for him.

Not to mention:

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
Once again, we're talking about NASCAR Media. Of course they'll forge up stupid BS and expects us to believe it under NASCAR's discretion.

Which brings me to another point: Blount is so retarded that it's hard to take him seriously...he's worse than David Carvello (or whatever his name is iono).

RP Motorsports

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events

That means Nationwide/Truck/All-Star races are not included.
Just to clarify, Kerry Tharp (Senior Director of Communications Competition) was on Sirius today and stated that despite how the press release was worded, the probation is inclusive of any and all NASCAR sanctioned events, just as it usually/always is.

So with that being said, unfortunally I wouldnt look for anything exciting to happen between the two of them for at least another four weeks or so. Unless one of them steps over the line that is, in which case I'd love to see how NASCAR handles it at that point.

-Ryan

Last edited:

MattSRD28

SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish I was better at graphic design. If I was, I'd make a menu board that said this:

HAVE AT IT BOYS!

Admission: $25,000 and 4 weeks probation.

Darrell Pace

Got a fresh set of Good Bye's on!
SRD Member
Reaction score
The Kevin Harvick Edwards throwdown was here in Charlotte. It started at Talladega.

GDP Racing

Driver of the #51 Electronic Arts Dodge Charger
SRD Member
Reaction score
OUCH. Very true though.

I'm not gay, but isn't Kasey Kahne the hot one? I mean the dude has commercials with girls all ga ga for him.

Not to mention:
To be honest, he is (and I bet we're all a bit jealous... lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.