1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

>>> NASCAR´15 is out !

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Andy1, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy1

Andy1 SRD - Veteran- own opinion represent !

>>> NASCAR´15 is out ( on steam ) , nice game !

Attached Files:

2. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

The fact that Biffle is in first at an intermediate track shows how poor this game probably is. Definitely not dropping a cent on this one, would much rather save up for Project CARS.

games123 and InsideLine like this.
  3. InsideLine

InsideLine Well-Known Member

It's a Chevy, Gordon #24. Still don't want it. I'll stick with NR2003 thank you.

jgegner likes this.
  4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Makin' $$$ off noobs

I tested it out on PC:

PHYSICS: NO CHANGE
    GRAFX: Bit easier to run, although even my machine lags a bit... dunno what they tested as top-level...
    A.I.: Fixed bugs my ass! AI STILL brake-checks superspeedways for no reason, except on ultra-stupid-impossible level of difficulty where they are running faster than real life
    MENU: About the same, not difficult to navigate, still too many sub menus
    PAINT OPTIONS: If you expected them to change it, go stand in a corner until 2016.

Summary: Cars still drive like crap IMO, contact is overhyped and the game has no real "feel" to it, like iRacing or nr2003, where you have a better sense of what your car is doing, a sense of the road, etc. The only thing that is has is the new rules and the new Toyota.... in which nr2003 has the latter.

Wheel support leaves a bit to be desired, but it does work (once in a while) when the axis aren't getting flipped on you every other race (gas for brake once race, gas and brake on one pedal another, no steering but turning right accelerates in another race... wtf?)

NO. JUST FREAKIN' NO. I could beat the dead horse about nr2003 being better (it is, minus the new rules, which can be simulated via third party, it's just tedious), but, again, EA did better in the mid 2000's than this.

ETX put this franchise in a MAJOR hole, almost nobody trusts them at all anymore. DMi better do something spectacular with 2016... and I mean freakin' fantastic, blow my socks off, amazing to recover, as everyone knows the head guy is the same from ETX. Skip this iteration, and lets see what DMi produces next year.

- Installed... uninstalled 1 hour later... that bad -

5. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator Banned

The Steam reviews are mostly negative as well...but you know some people may think this is the one they've been waiting for!

Could happen...

InsideLine likes this.
  6. Andy1

... thx for all your comments, you have right, its never so goog as NR2003, but it´s last Steam game with
    " JEFF GORDON ",
    and for 19.99 $ not to much.

THANKS again !

7. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

I really enjoy the games that have been in the NASCAR franchise. For the ETX games, starting from NASCAR: The Game (2011) to NASCAR '15, being the last one they have made. The quality of the ETX games from 2011 to now have definitely gone down. It's sad, but they are still fun games, other than the many of the glitches that occur. My hopes were that they would fix the multiplayer glitching, but that never happened. May not be worth $19.99/US, or $21.99/CDN but it is damn close.

8. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

It has the same glitches from NASCAR '14 and more. Just as @RacerXero84 said, DMi is going to have to make an amazing game to earn trust back[​IMG] and get people to buy their products. NASCAR '15 is just NASCAR '14 with a couple new changes (Rules, new cars, etc.). The game still thinks it's 2012 stating that "Last year, Dale Jr. ran out of fuel at Charlotte." which happened in 2011. I just hope that DMi makes a good game in 2016.

Andy1 and games123 like this.
  9. watsonz

watsonz Member

I did not expect much from this game. And honestly I'm not surprised by the reception it is getting, after all it is $20 and is considered an 'update' and not a full, new game. NASCAR 16 better be at least better than all of the past ETX games. I may consider buying it if it is indeed an improvement.

Highbank likes this.
  10. evan07

evan07 Well-Known Member

I haven't bought a NASCAR Play Station game in a long time, but I bought NASCAR 15 today. And it's alright I've played it and enjoyed it pretty well. The AI on the game are very strange they seem very aggressive. The super speedway racing is almost impossible due to the brake checking going into the turns. It was a madhouse until I got spun on the last lap. Also whats up with everyone spinning their tires on the restarts that's just absurd. Worth $20? Yes unless you already have NASCAR 14.

Tetronix likes this.
  11. Lap_Down

Lap_Down Well-Known Member

^ Can you turn off the wheel spin this year? The main reason I traded in Nascar '14 was because I could not for the life of me figure out how to do restarts without spinning my tires. I would have fun just racing around and picking off cars one by one and then loose like 10 spots on every restart when I spun my tires... so infuriating.

12. InsideLine

InsideLine Well-Known Member

Do you have traction control on?

13. evan07

evan07 Well-Known Member

I was more referring to the other cars having wheel spin and stacking up the field. I kinda got the restarts figured out on my own.

InsideLine likes this.
  14. hammer26tn

hammer26tn Well-Known Member

This game was published by DMI, not developed by it.

15. watsonz

watsonz Member

God this game sucks. Well, mainly the AI, but there are a lot of other flawed aspects to this game. Just got done running a 20 lap fuel mileage race. The estimated amount of laps that you could run is between 9-12 laps. NOPE, the race leader Matt Kenseth was on the pole, stayed in the lead FOR 19 LAPS, and on the white flag COMING OUT OF TURN 4, he pits. He crosses the line down from pit road and wins the race. Meanwhile I run my fastest lap of the race trying to haul ass & pass him, but I finish 2nd.

Thank god I was only playing the demo!

Although, I am a Harvick fan... so finishing second is my destiny.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    InsideLine likes this.
  16. clearstatic

clearstatic Well-Known Member

I have raced this game quite a bit. I like it. It's not a true sim nor is it meant to be. NR2003 is the true sim. Nascar15 is pretty fun. I like the feel of it once you dial everything into you liking. I use a wheel and pedals and had to adjust the sensitivity on the brake but now is all good. There are plenty of assists to help out if you need it and the racing is actually pretty fun once you figure out how good you really are.
    The AI is over aggressive on the start and restarts. Yes, it also does some SMH moves and what not, but it's competitive. I've had different but still frustration over the AI in NR2003 as well. I know many have trashed this game because it doesn't meet their expectations. I don't know if people are expecting Nascar IRacing with AI but it's geared as more of a game than a sim.
    I like the atmosphere it provides at each race and the engine sounds, spotter and cockpit view does allow you to immerse yourself in the race.

tsbmcomputers likes this.
  17. Andy1

... many Graphic mistakes still after 4 months ( see pics ):

Attached Files:

18. hammer26tn

What system is that? I have it for ps3 and I've never seen that. TBH, the AI lines and the stupid first gear starts/restarts with over-the-top wheel spin are the only complaints I have at the moment

19. Andy1

... PC / Steam.

20. hammer26tn

I hope the next game has different developers. Guys that actually have a clue on how to develop games. If they still use the same developers that were with ETX, then I'm done. Either that or they get their shit together this time.

USSTalladega likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.