5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Nascar 2003 and Windows 10

Raider17

Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Not really used to this online forum stuff so please bear with me. I just wondered if anyone could offer advice as far as
getting Nascar Racing 2003 Season running successfully on Windows 10 64-bit?

I have an original disc of the game and tried to install it on my system just recently. Unlike other old games which I have tried, (and to my surprise) the installation went through successfully via the disc - all the correct messages came up during installation, the lot.

I then applied the 1.2.01 patch, then the 1.2.0.1 patch fix.

As I had successfully run the game previously on another PC (windows XP), I clicked all the relevant `exe`s and whatnot with the correct `compatibility` options, including `Run as administrator`.

When I started the game and configured the controls etc, chose the circuit, picked a testing session, everything went OK right up to the point where I clicked on the `Drive` icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Where it punched out and went back to the desktop (?)

Can anyone offer any advice as to what I am missing and what I have to do to get it running on My Windows 10 system (OS Home), please?

Thanking you in advance

regards

JC

Raider17

Lurker
Reaction score
Thunderbolt;
Thank you for replying.

Re the No-CD; I failed to mention that in my first post (my mistake). I did that last with the install described. Your reply
suggests that there are more than one No-CD exe`s (?). If that is the case then I don`t know if the No-CD exe that I am using is for Win 7 or Win 10. How would I find out?

Whatever No-CD I am currently using, I still get CTD upon clicking on `Drive` button.

Re the DEP issue - I have just followed the link and carried out the necessary instructions, when I highlighted the No-CD exe I got a message saying that the DEP had to stay on and could not be turned off (?)
So I highlighted the original exe and that WAS then added to the DEP `exemption` box (!?).

I will let you know the results soon (!)

Lastly, I see that the link for all the game patches etc include the actual game itself, in which case is there any likelihood that the game download will be any different to that on my original disc?

To be honest I don`t see the point of downloading the whole game again seeing that my PC successfully installed the game directly from the original disc anyway, but please don`t get me wrong, if you think it is worth a shot then I`ll download it and try that.
What do you think?

In the meantime thank you so much for your time. Cheers.

regards

JC

thunderbolt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The link to the SRD files includes a working copy of the win7 no cd exe file
The links I gave you regarding DEP is a 2 part thing...if part 1 (the url link) doesn't work you can do the part 2 (video)
this worked for me.
If you say you got a message stating DEP must remain active, then you likely will have to do the video security boot disable. I know I did as well but it now works like a charm and I have 4 working installs on my system...to accommodate more mods than the standard 16

Also, remember if you do the "simple" version of DEP disable, you need to reboot. A lot of times it is as easy as forgetting that step.
Keep us posted as to your progress.
Cheers!
Rob

Raider17

Lurker
Reaction score
Thunderbolt,
Tried everything immediately after signing off earlier regarding the DEP business, including the reboot, but still no joy when I fired the game up. Just had a look at the video link....must admit it looks a bit heavy for me but I will have a go,
I will keep you posted. Thank you.
regards

JC