1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR announces 2019 baseline rules packages for Monster Energy Series

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by thedude1987, Oct 2, 2018.

1. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I have no idea where they got those numbers they posted. First of all BHP and HP are two different things. Let's just clear that up lol

A quick Google search for 2019 models show these numbers
    XSE Camry: 206 HP
    Mustang: 310 to 475 HP (depending on model I assume)
    Camaro ZL1: 650 HP

2. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Well-Known Member

Basically what they are trying to do is induce the age-old open wheel aero problem by turning the wheels into glorified wickers that create drag from the wheels. This should (in theory) slow the lead car down to the point where the hole punched in the air will allow the trailing car to shed the "wicker" by being able to gain more speed in the draft (in theory). They aren't being used at the larger tracks or tracks where the momentum is going to take over a lap to build up because at these new speeds, they should (once again, in theory) be already pack racing without the need to slow them or manipulate the air. Short tracks won't have them for obvious reasons and high tire wear tracks because the tires will just wear much more from far more downforce and drag.

nj9703 and dalejr88rox like this.
  3. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

The V8 in the Tundra which is the block that the Camry is based on is rated at 381 HP. The Camaro whose engine currently fits NASCAR's displacement rules puts out 455HP. You also need to remember that most of Ford's engines have ecoboost. You need to compare like FI engines only. Google is only as good as the information you put in

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  4. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

The 2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6 has 301hp according to the quick Google search
    And I never said anything about BHP...

5. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I got those numbers straight from the manufacturers site via google
    Correct that's why I didn't put V6 and someone on the other page was saying BHP so I just pointed it out.

Anyway. Regarding the 2019 package, I'll have to wait and see how it actually races.

6. USSTalladega

USSTalladega I see you mate.

I am going to be open minded about this. If this (and the implied turbo V6 for the Gen 7) is what brings in more manufacturers into the sport then hell yes. I wont deny that is a double edged sword though. Just one more thing to drive away even more fans. We may witness the best racing we've ever seen or we might have the worst racing in cup since before most of us where even born. I am already along for the ride. No way am I getting off now. I like how they wont touch the 500 though. The first talladega race of course is the one that has my interest. The pack could either look like it did from 2000-2006(which I know many want back) or it could look like how it was in the early years of plate racing with more scattered groups of cars. They say they have been working on this for two years. I really hope they deliver.

Reza Maulana likes this.
  7. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

8. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

If they ruin Talladega I will riot.

Ceafus 88 and nascarfan9 like this.