1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Damage video

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Fisha695, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fisha695

Fisha695 Well-Known Member

From the PlaystationBeta even in Europe the other week.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92mDRnjgwmc]YouTube - ‪GT5 NASCAR Damage‬‎[/ame]

2. Andy1

Andy1 SRD - Veteran- own opinion represent !

>>>cool , nice video ! <<<

thx Andy

3. 99boyz

99boyz Well-Known Member

not bad but it could be better

4. kdw48

kdw48 Well-Known Member

for some reason the rear spoiler does not move! hopefully they fix that for the actual game

5. Furinkazen

Furinkazen Well-Known Member

Is it just visula damage in GT5?

6. tipptruck

tipptruck Well-Known Member

I am the only one that noticed how fast the car got from 0-100. It did it faster then a f1 car. I really didn't have my hopes for nascar in this game. That just proves that i will not be buying gt5 for nascar.

7. John Gregorio

John Gregorio Well-Known Member

182 MPH into a 90 degree wall and he drove away like it was nothing.

8. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

yeah...seriously.

GT5 as the newest NASCAR sim? I think NOT. It may look great, but it is still a game...like the EA Sports titles. But, at least EA knew enough that when you hit a wall head on at 180, your day is done...

I'll stick with NR2003 and iRacing, thank you very much! :)

9. Fisha695

No you're not the only one, but it appears you're also not the only one that over-looked the fact that this video is shot in Single Player Arcade Mode (ie pickup & race for fun). In previous GT games for the most part the Arcade mode physics felt real different from the ones in the GTMode. The Arcade mode ones were basically a single set for each class (with differences for the drive configuration and engine location, but power/braking/etc wise they were pretty much the same), but in the Career mode (let's face it the only mode most people even play) each car had their own feel and pretty realistic driving/stopping abilities. One would assume/hope that they've followed the same formula for GT5.

According to what was said all Premium cars (which includes the NASCAR & WRC cars they've stated damage will be both visual & physical, and it's supposed to be really detailed (the interview with one of the developers is out there I'm too tired to look for it at the moment). The only thing that they said that kinda hinders damage abit is that they have a contract in place that states that no-matter how damaged the cars get the engine has to run (makes sense from a manufacture/marketing standpoint).... But I don't know if that includes the racecars or just the street models.

10. RBaller

RBaller Well-Known Member

Not if the units were metric, and I think the acceleration is fine. Also, that acceleration is definately not faster than an indy car. ( I think lol) Also, it does look like visual damage only. And keep in mind people this game isn't due to be out for another 3 months, so they could add a lot of stuff in that time to make it better.

11. Fisha695

I found the blog from the event of the guy that made the video.

1 person likes this.
  12. David24

David24 Well-Known Member

The game looks awesome. But I just don't get what all the hype is about Nascar in GT5. I can't see getting a full field, or even 3-4 Nascar tracks to race on. You'd think if they put this much work into a Nascar "feature" of GT5 they would make a stand-alone game for Nascar. As for the damage, it looks good but no video game will accomplish realistic damage.

13. John Poole III

John Poole III Well-Known Member

Hey guys if you didnt here Transamgrafx stole that video.

14. Fisha695

Indy
    Daytona
    Twin Ring Motegi
    Suzuka Circuit

Technically that's 4 tracks that NASCAR either currently races at or has raced at in the not so distant past. :p:lol:

1 person likes this.
  15. Nick1120

Nick1120 Member

your joking right?? i'd like to know what EA game your talkin bout........

1 person likes this.
  16. ValvolineMan

ValvolineMan Well-Known Member Banned

I've hit the wall at 180 and still won.

17. Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson I'm just better than you.

nascar in gt5...... its the same almost as racing stock cars inforza motorsport 3 although im not buying a ps3 for this game i have other firends that are which its an amzzing game but i think that what were seeing now wont be what we see months later possibly new damage patches and a bigger field with more cars to choose from

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.