1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jun 25, 2018.

1. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Cruising at Warp 9

IRacing would obviously never allow anybody to make a true Nascar sim so I don't know why people still have such unrealistic expectations.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  2. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Why not? It can certainly be done without the NR2003/iRacing source code. Somebody could do it if they wanted to... But I agree that it probably won't happen anyway

joeykraus19 likes this.
  3. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Got a buddy who actually races dirt super late models down here, and with this setup (which is faster), he says it feels "real close to the 602 crate late models"... says it's also a helluva lot closer than iRacing's version, which "feels like ice".
    It's a tweaked version from the one floating around on the net, as I found the originals gears to be quite crappy, but the Rear End Ratio will need to be tweaked for each track.
    41501544_897265937151088_2932387602789040128_n.jpg

4. bvc

bvc Bo Abraham: Remember the GOAT

Monster really knocked it out of the park this year with the fantastic dirt racing and improved career mode. The game's still not perfect, there's still a lot of things to fix and clean up. But this is the first NASCAR game in a while that I feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

5. RacerXero84

50 hours in, and especially watching the races, the team did good..... also, retweet from Jim Utter of Motorsport.com
    Screenshot_20180921-213414_Twitter.jpg

6. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I may have to give NH3 a chance, sounds like its not the worst thing in the world after the last 2 attempts. Maybe when winter gets here and a sale comes I will get it possibly.

7. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Utter was probably paid or told to retweet/like posts praising NH3

8. RacerXero84

Could very well be. Still cool to have, like Mark Martin or Hendrick liking/retweeting. Doesn't happen often for me, so it's pretty cool when it does.
    Plus there has to be a counter-promotion to offset the iRacing fanboys making poor reviews (many with less than a 10th of an hour on record). They seem to be genuinely upset that people could actually LIKE something that's isn't made by their god-king devs over at iRacing. And having raced both quite extensively... what you see on the track and what you feel in the game IS closer to Heat 3 with a decent setup than iRacing with ANY setup lol

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018 at 11:43 AM
    joeykraus19 likes this.
  9. GambitJon

GambitJon Well-Known Member

iRacing devs suck they are unable to update their visual tracks and their tire is straight trash. Honestly NASCAR 15 has a better tire. This is coming from a person with over 200 races this year alone in iracing

joeykraus19 likes this.