1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 4

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Buying into Heat this year?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. Not Sure...

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  1. GambitJon

GambitJon #VeganRush

Honestly I feel most people look at the Heat games completely wrong. Its not meant to be played like Nr03 or iRacing. Its an Arcade game that people expect to be a simulator. Personally I feel Nascar 2015 was the best NASCAR game all around, however parts of the tracks were broken and its sad. The tire model in that game is honestly the best tire model I've even driven (Taking out a few custom tire model changes I've ran in rfactor, and not Rfactor 2 cause that tire model is a dumpster fire and the Devs suck). Honestly Nascar 15 tire model is way better then iRacings in my opinion.

Highbank, theusar and joeykraus19 like this.
  2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

And that's awesome. Seriously.

That's partially one of my points: I may be a little biased in terms of favoring them, but it's not my job to sell the game lol If people don't like it, or there's a serious issues with it (looks at all the Eutechnyx games), then by all means, raise hell.

And even if it's a ton a fun to mess with, nr2003 is still the one game I continually come back to. Because nothing really matches the enjoyment I get from the level of customization and racing that.

InsideLine and Mystical like this.
  3. casssp

casssp Well-Known Member

Honestly I can have fun with Heat 3 the way it is. Of course I would like to see classic content as said above, but do what...

The console audience wants to sit and play, does not want to get set up a lot of things. Look for example Forza Horizon 4 and its base of 10 million players, or the F1 games of Codemasters that has a great level of detail, simplified car configuration, but continues to be a good game to play.

Unfortunately the Nascar game is treated as something niche, it's a shame. Imagine a Nascar game made with the same level of detail as 2K's NBA?

I'll wait, I've always liked the Heat series since the first version of PS1. Oh yeah, I also really like Nascar's from Papyrus, EA's, Nascar from Konami, etc.

KodaTheWolf, theusar and joeykraus19 like this.
  4. casssp

casssp Well-Known Member

Here we go...

Looks like graphics, sound and gameplay are better. Well, let's see...
    I doubt it will have classic cars and drivers, requested by community.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  5. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

I'm gonna give a hard no on this one simply because of the one clip where the player rammed Hemric entering a corner and it took a solid 2 seconds for Hemric's car to get slightly upset by it. That's not how cars work.

6. casssp

casssp Well-Known Member

You're right, I did not realize that... To talk about gameplay seeing a video is illusion. Sorry and thanks to remind me.

7. Riley Maddox

Riley Maddox Active Member

Obviously it wasn't perfect, but there is no way that was anywhere near a 2 second delay

MrDude68 and joeykraus19 like this.
  8. RacerXero84

It does look a helluva lot better, no doubt a byproduct of the new Unity engine. That part when he hit Hemric, while SLIGHTLY delayed, still netted what you would expect from a hit. Also worth noting is the 'pinball' effect people hated isn't just muted, it's replaced (it seems, early to tell for sure) with a loose mechanic, something they said was addressed for this iteration (car being overall looser than the typical on-rails tight).

joeykraus19 and Riley Maddox like this.
  9. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator

Nothing wrong with an "arcade" game, they can be loads of fun...I honestly I think most sim drivers approach to sim racing is more of an "arcade-like" thing anyway...

(I don't mean any of that to be a shot at anyone or anything really, I dont)

joeykraus19 likes this.
  10. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Yeah, obviously it wasn't actually two seconds. My point is you shouldn't have to drive into a guy going 10 mph faster for any extended amount of time for them to even get moved. The player got to his wheel well before the hit affected the car.

11. casssp

casssp Well-Known Member

One small thing but I would like to understand: they could put Nascar 2019, Nascar 2020, Nascar 2021, instead Nascar Heat 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...

12. RacerXero84

Might have something to do with associating with the Thunder/EA series (which in retrospect were great games, just wish they had continued the PC ports after 2004 instead of that god awful NASCAR SimRacing). Or continued association with the Eutechnyx games, which IMO I would want to avoid as much as humanly possible lol

joeykraus19, Riley Maddox and casssp like this.
  13. casssp

casssp Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think that's a good explanation.

I agree, SimRacing was crap.

I liked Thunder 03, 04, but my biggest love goes to the 2001 version of PS2...

14. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I'm not too worried about sim vs arcade. For me is customization options. Simple things like ability to manually drive down pit road and cautions is not too much to ask for. Would be nice to have modding support so we could create custom rosters and with the right dev tools build our own tracks and stuff.

15. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Yeah I agree. It's not that it is and arcade-y it's that they went the cheap route game engine wise. They put themselves in this box. If they really want to get serious and truly improve the game they need to suck it up and use a game engine that is actually built for racing. Had tons of fun with NT2004. No reason why we can't have something as good as that now.

InsideLine and joeykraus19 like this.