1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 4

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Buying into Heat this year?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Not Sure...

22 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

My other takeaway from that article were the words "legend driverS" we already know that Jeff is in the game as the gold edition unlock... but does that mean we'll have others? Or was it just a typo?

2. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

Honestly, the gameplay looks much better than I expected it to.

RJMik likes this.
  3. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

RJMik, BrendonH12 and joeykraus19 like this.
  4. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

So by Cup at Mid-Ohio I'm assuming Eldora will also be available for all series hopefully. Would be cool to have tracks unlockable for different series like the old Thunder Plates.

No1JGfan and BrendonH12 like this.
  5. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

RJMik likes this.
  6. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

4 games and they still haven't figured out how to make an onboard/roof camera for the car? Other than that the game is finally starting to look legit exciting.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  7. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

And THAT'S where you're WRONG, buddy!
    Weird.JPG

8. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

The one thing they know we all want...

Tetronix, nascarfan9 and Riley Maddox like this.
  9. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

I can't wait until Heat 5 where Cup and Xfinity are finally allowed on dirt! /s

10. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

I’m surprised y’all actually thought Eldora would be included in that. That’s a whole lot of coding, car physics, tire physics, etc. that shouldn’t have been expected out of this company.

Well, it should be expected, it’s just that this is 704 and we know their drill by now.

11. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Eldoras nice and all, but Im more excited to use cup cars at non cup tracks.... like Iowa.

12. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Honestly, it shouldn't even have been expected. That's an insane amount of extra work that would've delayed the game by at the very least a few months. It doesn't help they have no basis for the physics they'd put in since they've never raced there, so it would probably race like shit and they don't want that. The other tracks are pavement so that's gotta be much much easier than a whole other surface.

13. casssp

casssp Well-Known Member

I have to admit: I feel naive. Yes, because after read "Legend Drivers", I started thinking about cars and drivers of various years on the same track, like Codemaster F1, MotoGP and even the recent NBA2k. But no, we get Drivers with modern cars with modern schemes... Hey, at least give to us a classic DuPont scheme...
    What a disappointment. After this, I will wait for a sale.

14. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

It's funny reading comments when people say "You shouldn't expect this... it's too much work etc." we have games like Grand Prix 4 which has better road course racing AI than modern sims. It was released in 2002. We have NR2003 which still has the best oval AI to this day. If technology has advanced so much within then past 16-17 years, how come so many of these racing games are so piss poor?

Tetronix and MrDude68 like this.
  15. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

To be fair, the EA produced games had legends in modern cars and modernized versions of their schemes... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. RacerXero84

They also had an airtight exclusivity deal for consoles (obviously Papyrus had a licensing agreement as well for PC), and what? Over a decade of games under their belt?
    This agreement with NASCAR made it stupid simple for them to use likenesses of drivers every year without an issue.

So that's why I get irked when people crap on a gaming company that is 1/10th (if that) the size of EA trying to do what they did and still meet release deadlines and without MAJOR bugs. What I do see is a group that is on their 3rd (technically, as Evolution was more NASCAR 15 bonus than a true standalone) iteration. Anyone want to remember what NASCAR 98 was like? 99? Compare that to Thunder 2005, 2006, etc.

They are making progress at a good clip, with less employees, and a greater workload (because graphics better be spot on or people will straight up REEEEEE out of their minds).

17. casssp

casssp Well-Known Member

Honestly I see between 2 and 3, and 3 to 4. But that's not the point. What I would like to understand is why we can't have drivers + cars, who wouldn't want to drive Jeff Gordon 1995, Earnhardt 1998, Tim Richmond 80s, Neil Bonnet, Fireball Roberts and so on? Why not the classic DuPont?
    I want to understand how Codemaster F1 can do it, and look that F1 is much harder contract. MotoGP has classic bikes + riders from the 90s to today (40 or more). NBA2k18 for example has over 30 classic teams+players from the 60s to the present years. Fight Night Champion with classic fighters, for example you can choose Joe Louis from 1930´s and try to beat Lenoxx Lewis from 1990s.
    Why not a Hudson here, a Cyclone there, a Lumina on one side, a Buick on the other?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  18. RacerXero84

Codemasters can do it because they are a MUCH larger organization.
    You say F1 is harder to get a contract with. Which is true to a point. When you contract F1 though ,because of their structure, everything dealing with F1 is proprietary, so one deal secures the whole package.
    Only thing like that in NASCAR is the RTA, and not everyone is part of that. For older drivers, they would have to secure additional rights by each driver (lol good luck with Dale Sr, Theresa would rob em blind), and if you want the old cars, they would have to contract Chevrolet, Ford, etc individually for rights to use the Lumina, etc, and that's assuming Chevy and the rest would want their discontinued brands to be advertised (from a PR standpoint, I don't see that happening).
    So we get Jeff Gordon, in a modern Chevy Camaro (and rumors are swirling about additional drivers being added as part of the season pass or standalone DLC), using his last scheme he ran. Who is to say they don't release additional schemes from the Gordon car later on?

19. casssp

casssp Well-Known Member

Well, so I would be happy (at the moment) if we had the classic paintings on modern cars. AXALTA scheme is a recent painting from my point of view.
    Well, let's see what the next drivers and paintings will be. Who knows McDonalds from 1996 or Coors 1988.

20. clearstatic

clearstatic Well-Known Member

Jeff Favignano did a good interview on his channel with 704 games. I forget the guy's name but he's a simracer. Now this game isn't going to be a hardcore sim, don't think that's their goal. Here are a few things I took from that interview.
    1. You will not be able to control your car during cautions or pitting
    2. The AI will now change lines to either protect their position or get more grip
    3. You will have drafting partners which will help with the new areo package
    4. You can race at just about any track with the trucks, Xfinity and Cup cars. No, you will not be on a dirt track with Xfinity and Cup, but you will be able to race cup at Iowa, Road America, and Gateway to name a few.
    5. Setups will be more important as tire fall off is a real factor
    6. The car feels and sounds like a stock car. No more single axis cars and the sounds are very much upgraded along with the graphics. No more catch fence looking terrible.
    7. This is a detail thing but a big thing for me personally. Your driver's name will now be on the car instead of whomever is on there before you were the driver.
    8. Start your career on any level you choose so if you just want to race a specific series you can start there without having to move through other series to get where you want.
    9. Dirt physics have been overhauled and feel much more realistic. Dirt isn't something I've ever been interested in, but if you are this could be a big point for you.

Here's the link to the interview if you wish to watch it for yourself. Overall, I'm encouraged by this to have a nice immersive experience. Personally mechanical failures and crashing out are two things I hope are in there. I know they have added significant consequences to you if your wrecking your car every week.

If you're only interested in a pure sim like NR2003 this probably won't do it for you, but if you're interested in something that has sim aspects to a game then this very well could be the best outing from 704 to date.