1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 4

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Buying into Heat this year?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. Not Sure...

24 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

It does genuinely seem like they are trying to improve the type of product that they are putting out. By the look and sound of things(from actual gameplay), they have. Depending on how the reviews and whatnot shakeout over the next few months I might just grab this during the Steam winter sale.

2. Lap_Down

Lap_Down Well-Known Member

I didn't know Jeff Gordon was coming back for this game... I'm buying the PS4 Gold Edition just for the cover with Jeff Gordon on it.

3. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I'm getting bombarded by trailers for this game on youtube.

....It's working.

4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

In case some of you missed it, Jeff did a LONG video interview with Sean Wilson.

They discuss/show many of the improvements made to the game, and we get to see some of the sliders/adjustments you can make. Things like Day to Night, tire falloff, AI, player-AI interaction, stability, etc.

5. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

The more a game can be customized the better. The way I see it, release a somewhat good game that can be modded and adjusted easily and the modders will do the rest :D

6. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

7. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder "I can shotgun a White Claw."

Joe Nemechek and Jennifer Jo Cobb ahead of Harrison Burton. I love it.

joeykraus19 and Virox6549 like this.
  8. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

From 31st to 11th in 80 seconds... WTF that's a terrible way to advertise the gameplay.

9. RacerXero84

I agree, but I think they are trying to show off certain other aspects... hard to show off anything if your neck and neck with the AI and a pass takes 4 laps to set up and execute (like in real life lol)

10. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

True :) I guess I'm just nitpicking. Just gotta wait for the game and see for myself.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  11. RacerXero84

If you're like me, that difficulty gets set to Legend and stays there lol Should be a wild ride.
    ------------------------------

Also, something worth pointing out: note how the dirt late models not only get sideways, but they aren't 'bottom feeders', in the gameplay videos shown thus far, those things are following lines more frequently seen at local 602/604/super events.

Now.... that being said.... I REALLY hope they expanded the dirt track list... it got repetitive fast.

TheSpeedanator and Virox6549 like this.
  12. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Well, they are certainly getting better. I'm just worried the progress isn't fast enough. It's their 4th game already and while it seems like it will be the best out of four by far, at the same time there's still ordinary things missing like the ability to control the car during cautions. It really takes me out of the experience when I lose the control of the car. I understand a lot of players want to skip that and it's okay but then why not have both options? It's going to be interesting to see how the next couple of games advance after this one.

13. RacerXero84

I'm pretty confident controlling the car under caution is at the near-bottom of the list. I (personally) don't really consider it 'part of the experience' lapping the Glen, Dega, Sonoma, or Pocono at pace speed. That's one of the things that annoyed me about iRacing; nobody I know is being paid to do it, so why would I subject myself to 5-10 minutes of basically doing nothing every time there's a caution? If I wanted that, I could go sit in the slow lane of I85 with the cruise control on lol I get the "sim" value of it.... but it's not (and never will be) a sim.... and since I'm on that.... neither is iRacing technically lol

I'm more concerned with 'hey, can we get even a basic TGA livery import system?' or maybe some more in depth online controls and systems for leagues? In depth stat tracker? How about fictional day/night variants of tracks?

14. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

100% with you on that one, the painting tools in the games are a joke. You get like 6 numbers to choose from a couple of preset designs, and you can't even place the sponsors where you want them...it all ends up looking like a first time painters attempt at a car. I want to be able to make my car in game, just give us templates and let us take care of the rest :D

Riley Maddox likes this.
  15. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

Controlling your car during a caution just isn't going to happen anytime soon. I don't know of any arcade style racing games that let you control cars while pitting or during cautions, only sim style PC only games. It doesn't really have anything to do with their progress as a gaming company, it has a lot more to do with the average consumer not wanting to deal with cautions and pitting. It would be nice to have that option, I'm with you there, but they just aren't going to put the effort into it knowing they don't need to in order to sell the game.

Gravite likes this.
  16. RacerXero84

Jeff got early access.

Long video... all I'm gonna say is, wow.... they definitely changed this up..... looks, physics, UI, AI, etc. Jeff also walks you through all the new sliders and options, pitting, the works as he takes it through the paces at Homestead.

Note that he's running well without a setup.... because he forgot to save the AI difficulty change from 90 to 105.

J.R.Franklin and MWick4 like this.
  17. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good. Just a little nit picky observation, but it's too bad that they don't have the flagger actually waving the flags (i.e. green flag at starts, yellow for cautions, white flag, checkered). Hopefully they add that in a later build. It would also be nice if they added a full simulation mode where you can run races with actual pit stops and caution laps. Perhaps that is on their to-do list later on down the road.

Finally, in that they have added dirt racing already, as a huge fan of the Whelen Modified Tour and asphalt tour-type modifieds, I'd sure like to see them add those cars and the short tracks they race on as a future build idea. Probably highly unlikely, but one can only hope. ;)

D0rant likes this.
  18. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

It looks pretty good but I can't believe it's their 4th game and they still haven't made a proper roof/onboard camera for it. Do they even watch races?

19. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

Then again if your going for realism, you ONLY use the interior cam.

20. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

I wouldn't really go for realism in a game like this. It's not a sim, the reason why I'd want to control the car even during cautions is because when I start driving I want to drive all the way to the finish. Every lap.