1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 4

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Buying into Heat this year?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. Not Sure...

24 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder "I can shotgun a White Claw."

Honestly tempted to get a modern console and get this game....

2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

It'll be on PC as well... don't have to throw away 300 bucks ;)

Riley Maddox likes this.
  3. RacerXero84

Millad Radman taking us into a brief look at career mode:

UI seems cleaner, more streamlined, also some minor tweaks and differences. No look yet on chassis degradation (confirmed to be in career mode).

I just wish they added a couple more dirt tracks.

Mystical likes this.
  4. Ryan81398

Ryan81398 93 Wins

I just finished that video and it makes me really glad that I pre-ordered. I can't wait for it to get here.

5. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

This has got to be the oddest bonus I've seen in a console game. Photoshopped the driver, but not the car and the age restriction is for a beer contingency?! It would have made more sense to only place the MENCS decal and a Sonoco sticker and call it good or just do what Hendrick does for all their show cars.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  6. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Wait, am I the only one in NR2003 community who didn't think NASCAR15 by Eutechnyx was all that bad? I kinda enjoyed it. Of course the physics were weird and off but it was an okay'ish experience IMO

Gravite likes this.
  7. Ryan81398

Ryan81398 93 Wins

[​IMG]

I'm actually really excited for career now. I just wonder what the fonts are.

8. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

Here’s one
    7171F85C-7D50-4F79-A287-A65B4826A151.jpeg

9. Ryan81398

Ryan81398 93 Wins

I'm really hoping we get some fonts like Aardvark Bold that multiple drivers use, but it seems that they're all gonna be a little weird this year.

Riley Maddox and Tetronix like this.
  10. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Hey, as long as it doesn't look too horrid, and I get to use the #62, I'm good.

11. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I think I'm going to give Heat 4 a chance. I never bought Heat 1-3 so I've waited a long time saving my money and its only $49 (just getting regular edition) for my xbox one X. So even if it turns out to be kinda meh I'll at least get some achievements from it. The career mode give me some Nascar Thunder vibes so I think it'll be at least somewhat fun. Worst case it motivates me to play more NR2003 again.

12. Ryan81398

Ryan81398 93 Wins

Well the fonts aren't the greatest, but one of them greatly resembles Jr's DEI font which is cool. We also have some really nice options for the sponsor and scheme itself.

mtblillie and BrendonH12 like this.
  13. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

It genuinely Hertz me that he put the Hertz logos on the black parts of the scheme

nascarfan9 and BrendonH12 like this.
  14. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

Yeah, that guy definitely isn’t winning any designing awards. lol But I really do like all the different number and scheme options.

15. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

Received my copy yesterday and did a quick race at Daytona. Engine sounds are much improved. AI is also improved. Got too far ahead on the last lap and was passed by three cars coming to the tri oval. More to come later

BrendonH12, mtblillie and Mystical like this.
  16. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I'd love to know how the AI difficulty is. I've never played a Heat game (obviously) but was thinking of just starting on hard. If that makes the races challenging enough where I can sometimes win but usually place just in or outside the top 10 that would be perfect.

RacerXero84 and InsideLine like this.
  17. RacerXero84

That's going to depend on a series of factors; this year, it isn't solely on AI difficulty, as there is a selection of options in how the AI behave in the environment, when contact is made, recovery ability, pack spread, then there's how your car reacts, tire wire variables.... you get the idea I'm sure. All these things can be modified based on how you prefer the game to feel to you.

IMO, if you're a pretty savvy driver, the minimum I would run is hard. If you have a lot of racing experience, consider Legend for a real challenge, but, again, that depends on your other environment settings.

I like how they've gone full-on 'drive it how you want it to drive'. Now if we can just get a localized TGA import system (a back door method exists, but OH BOY is it a pain in the ass)

MrDude68 and Mystical like this.
  18. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Graphic Designer || EGI Partner

They totally redid the AI and how the car drives and everything this year, so I mean not playing any of them before is prolly an advantage

Mystical, Riley Maddox and mtblillie like this.
  19. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

I’ve run a couple of races at Daytona in the hard setting. Last race was 25% with all settings at normal. Qualified 33 but won by .3. There was obvious bump drafting which helped once you got the hang of it. Car was set up on the loose side and drove well. It is no NR2003 but IMO it is the best of the Heat series

D0rant, Mystical, InsideLine and 2 others like this.
  20. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

Can anyone clarify the Martinsville Night track availability? The developers on Twitter say its only for those who pre-order and only for offline use until 2020. Does it not come with the Gold Edition even if bought after the 9/13 full release?