1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 4

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Buying into Heat this year?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. Not Sure...

24 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I first tried the Charlotte Roval and was surprised how hard it was. I think that has to do with being so used to Street and SuperCar racing from games like project cars and Forza, but I feel like the handling is probably more accurate to NASCAR which gives a new experience I am looking forward to. I have mine for console and only have a controller so my racing is choppy as well, but I am used to that so, oh well. I am a little disappointed in the "create your own car" options, as well as only having one driver suit with very limited options, but most console NASCAR games have almost no customization, so I will live with it. I decided to start with a championship in each series rather than to go career just to get comfortable with each series. For the most part I think it is a decent game. We have been kind of spoiled with NR2003 customization options, but it is nice to be able to drive a championship with updated schemes, models, tracks, and most importantly, rules. (I also thought it was cool that you could nix the stages, even though I have been using stages).

InsideLine likes this.
  2. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

God dammit Hillary, go away.

3. Gaven3820

Gaven3820 Well-Known Member

I have found that it still has some lag at some tracks autoclube in the corners pretty bad 89 fps but still lag rtx2070 card.

4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Interesting.... wonder if thats brand specific. Im on an 8700K, 32GB RAM paired with a RX 590 and its pretty seemless.

5. Gaven3820

I run triple screens I wonder if that could be causing it? Computer I-7 8700k 3.70 ghz 16 gb ram video msi rtx2070

6. RacerXero84

Possibly, I run single ultrawide 2560x1080, and it puts a decent load on the GPU.

J.R.Franklin likes this.
  7. Gaven3820

Anyone having a problem with the car feels like it is to low and rubbing the track at Bristol and Richmond? Even with there recommended setups

8. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

For people who got it on PC, is anyone else having trouble with connecting to online multiplayer? I keep getting an "Authentication failed" error and I've checked my internet connection multiple times. Unless it means something different I don't know.

9. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

So far I did a 25% hard race in quick race. Then I started Hard difficulty career mode and did 3-4 dirt races. The racing and AI are pretty decent. In the quick race I had it on hard and had the AI with more wear and more field spread. For several laps it was pretty competitive but eventually I moved to first and ended lapping the entire field in the final laps so I still need to tweak the difficulty settings a bit more I think. Of course for career having a less performing car might make it a bit more challenging.

As @jacobc62 mentioned I totally agree with the paint booth settings. It feels really limited. DO we unlock any additional schemes and sponsors/numbers or is this it? For the non dirt cars like the Xfinity and Monster cars some of the numbers look way too small on the side doors and some of the sponsors seem rally oddly placed. It doesn't look or feel what I'd expect for Nascar Heat 4 a game that has had 3 previous games to refine an area I'm sure many players want.

As for career mode liking what I am seeing so far. I like the goals to meet and choice of building a team or racing for one. I do wonder if you play several years if the cars you race against will have different teams/drivers or if they stay the same.

10. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

They stay the same (not counting when you switch which car you're racing) every season.

11. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Thats a little disappointing. I remember the old Nascar Thunder games if you played enough drivers would start to retire and be replaced if I remember correctly.

RacerXero84 and MrDude68 like this.
  12. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

I still can't believe you can't start a team mid-season. Like how is that possible yet. Your only options are at the beginning of the season and thats it.

13. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

I loved this feature of the old Thunder games, to the point where I would save my career after the last race of the season, click new season, and literally exit without saving over and over again until I got a silly season with the desired results. This is going to make me sound like an absolute lunatic, but I once did a season mode in Thunder '03 where I got literally every single real driver to retire, even the Busch Series guys, and then just raced against a full field of fantasy drivers lol

It was great because it shuffled up the cars you would see at the front of the field, or bringing up the rear. For example, you could have Dale Jarrett totally dominating everything, but then he'd retire and his replacement would completely suck. I loved that

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  14. RacerXero84

That actually was personally addressed by Sean a while back. It's out of their hands because of licensing and what NASCAR/Teams/Manufacturers would allow. But I agree having an actual silly season would be really cool.

I did something similar in those, because I just wanted to see how the silly seasons would shake out.

Mystical likes this.
  15. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

That's extremely unfortunate and also not the slightest bit surprising

16. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Interesting they won't allow it but isn't the dirt series in the game and most of those drivers and teams are fictional? I wonder why they won't allow some fictional drivers and cars of the other series as well.

On a side note to the dirt series, it does make me miss the Whelen series the old Nascar games had too plus the fictional tracks. Nascar Heat 4 has some good stuff but definitely misses some of the charm the Thunder Series had even into the late 07 game (the last one I had bought).

mtblillie, RacerXero84 and InsideLine like this.
  17. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

Not all of the drivers are “fictional.” They are the names of real people on the 704 games development team

RacerXero84 likes this.
  18. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

What I meant by fictional was more along the lines of they were not actual race car drivers. But they did a good job convincing me otherwise, the pictures looked good enough, I wish they were able to do that with the other series as well.

Riley Maddox and mtblillie like this.
  19. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder "I can shotgun a White Claw."

I caved and bought it. It's a lot of fun, I just wish the career mode wouldn't freeze and become unplayable.

20. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Resident hater of playoofs

I distinctly remember Scott Wimmer taking over the MMR #4 car in some of my play throughs and getting wins and high points finishes all over the place. Shame that won't (or can't) be in the new game, would add some massive charm.

MrDude68 likes this.