1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 4

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Buying into Heat this year?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. Not Sure...

24 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Yeah, I had Jay Sauter take the #9 car once when Bill Elliott retired and then he went on to win 3 races one season. I felt like seeing the driver changes made it feel a lot more immersive, even if they weren't the most realistic. It was a lot better than having a 70 year old Sterling Marlin still competing for championships lol

nascarfreak88 and InsideLine like this.
  2. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

(HMMMMM, hearing about all of this gives me an idea for a carset, I wonder what all the possible combinations were...)

MrDude68, BrendonH12 and InsideLine like this.
  3. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Why would you even want too though?

It's a shame that this world has grown so damn corporate and less fun.

4. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

USSTalladega likes this.
  5. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys, but the Challenges so far are my least favorite part of this. I'm sure if you are a hardcore player it isn't that bad, but for a more casual player like myself some of the challenges seem almost impossible. I get it, it is meant to be hard and you have to work for it, and they want you to have a reason to stay invested. But for a guy like me who doesn't want to spend 100 hours at each track trying to learn the perfect line or be able to drive 5 laps with only 2 laps of gas seems a bit much. It puts a goal and reward seemingly out of reach, which is INCREDIBLY frustrating.
    r/Rant Over

Gravite and ahspencer01 like this.
  6. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

I'm with you on this one. I'm also more casual and I had the same problem in Heat 3. I think there should be levels for sure, along with rewards for actually doing them. Most of the challenges seem damn near impossible if you don't play the game a ton.

mtblillie and Gravite like this.
  7. Gaven3820

Gaven3820 Well-Known Member

Just thought I would show this off. Car is from heat 3 grill from nr2k3 mencs 2019 template and air ducts by me. I do not know why they don't have grills and air ducts, they have them on all the challenge cars.

Attached Files:

8. mtblillie

The challenge cars are "raced" versions, so they are supposed to have whatever ducts and grills, etc that the actual car from that race had. The other cars are basically generic versions of the cars, without a specific package for a given track type.

Is this your 'edit' for NH4?

9. Gaven3820

Yeah it's NH4

mtblillie likes this.
  10. mtblillie

So I looked online for a little help on figuring out these challenges. Saw a post on the game engine's FAQ page that the way the driver assists are set up actually make the car slower. Naturally I had it set to medium (as a novice player of heat, using a damn controller), and when I began to struggle, pushed it to easy. Last night I set it to hard, and suddenly beat 8 challenges, many of which I had originally struggled with, and now was beating them on the first try. I still struggle with the more technical challenges, like trying to drive with no tires or no gas, but the speed challenges are much easier now. This is more my speed, because having a more difficult to control car makes it very challenging, but now it doesn't feel like no matter how perfect you drive you still lose, which is down right infuriating. This has made me rethink my whole style of driving within the game (career mode, championship mode, etc), and has actually made the game much more fun.

The moral of the story is, don't play it safe. Set it to a more difficult level than you assume you are comfortable with, and learn how to drive the car as much as the track, and it will be even more rewarding than you initially think.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  11. McGillicutter

McGillicutter New Member

This. I spent an entire day on that MTJ Dover challenge before I took some time to practice it in Quick Race on a harder difficulty. Went back to the challenge and got it on my third try. The rest I had a pretty easy time with aside from the Auto Club Custer one, but that one is a lot less frustrating to fail.

12. Gaven3820

Attached Files:

Met_fan likes this.
  13. Gaven3820

14. Gaven3820

Attached Files:

Met_fan likes this.
  15. Gaven3820

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Met_fan likes this.
  16. Gaven3820

Just thought I would show this of and say thanks to the person how made the flames. I have had the flames for a while and don't remember how made them,but the were made by someone in the nr2k3 community.

Attached Files:

USSTalladega and Met_fan like this.
  17. Gaven3820

My amp orange car.

Attached Files:

USSTalladega, Met_fan and mtblillie like this.
  18. Met_fan

Met_fan Active Member

Does anybody have templates with the wireframe of the car? That would make painting much easier for me. I just found templates without it. Thank you