1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 5

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by casssp, May 16, 2020.

?

Buy?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  1. casssp

casssp Well-Known Member

New year, New game.

Release:
    Gold Edition: July 7, 2020
    Standard Edition: July 10, 2020

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Features:
    • Official Tracks - 34 officially licensed tracks for you to race on across the various series including Daytona, Indianapolis and Talladega, plus five fictional dirt tracks
    • Challenge Mode - Brand new Challenge Mode offers race scenarios to complete while online challenges vary the gameplay
    • Esports Support - Take part in the eNASCAR Heat Pro League qualifiers for a chance to race for a real-life NASCAR team
    • Exclusive Content - Tony Stewart Gold Edition features an exclusive selection of this cars and spotter audio
    • New Testing Mode - Perfect your racing lines and experiment to find the best car setup for each track

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Many of the people directing/creating this are Codemaster veterans, but I think their impact won't be felt until 'NASCAR Heat 6' when they move to a completely new build on a new engine.
    They *finally* added DNF's to the game... in what capacity, I don't know.

Basically, this is like when 704 took it over from Eutechnyx, the first game was on the old engine, using existing assets, they just made some tunes and tweaks to it. I already know they are moving with some basic graphical enhancements (they patched Heat 4 with an improved graphical patch that got rid of the blur of textures ahead of the driver).

So unless they did something with the overall physics, or improved career mode enough, this one *might* be a pass, unless I can snag it on sale at some point.

Tetronix and Mystical like this.
  3. Thunder98

Thunder98 Well-Known Member

More like new year, same game. Hard pass.

4. RacerXero84

Normally I'd say the same thing; but truth be told I actually had some decent fun with Heat 4.
    And if I cared enough to put the effort in, I could have customized the roster in ANY of the 4 series.

What kinda killed it for me was the lack of DNF's (fixed with H5), no online practice, tuning, quals (fixed in H5), the physics needed a little more love (adjusted in H5), and the fact that career mode got stale REALLY quick without a greater purpose for the money you earned. Good fun with a wheel and proper configuration though in terms of ACTUAL racing.

If I could get NR2003 even somewhat close (with either a wheel or controller) to feeling like Heat 4 did, you'd NEVER hear me say another word about these games, because you simply cannot beat NR2003's level of customization.... can I get a mashup of the two? That'd be greeeaaaat lol

InsideLine likes this.
  5. casssp

casssp Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie, I like the series as it is, and I had a lot of fun with each one, NH2, 3 and 4.

I would like to know why it takes so long to implement features that are already present in very old games, for example , Practice mode is on all (or almost all) Nascars of the 90s, for PC and Console. Bill Elliott Nascar Challenge for NES also had Practice Mode that I remember. Why does it take so long? Why don't you have classic cars, which is what the community asks for? Why only in the 6th game that will change the engine?

I'm glad to know that we will have another game, but I won't buy it at launch.

Is Codemasters involved?

6. mtblillie

mtblillie It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy

I liked NH4, but unless they have fixed a lot of the negatives from 4 I don't see any reason to spend $60 on another game just to have this years schemes and handful of minor changes. I will probably wait until 6 comes out before I look into it again.

7. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

I gave NH4 a lot of shit for being an "awful game", a "waste of money" and the likes but once I bought it (on sale for dirt cheap of course), I found the fun in it. The game will never comparably stack up to a simulator but once you take it at face value that the game is less than great it's easier to enjoy.

NH4 technically did have DNF's / retirements but instead of announcing or showing that "[Driver] retired from the race" or a DNF beside their name on the results, they just sat in pit road or occasionally go behind the wall and don't return to the track.

I'm not gonna pick up NASCAR Heat 5 and that's already my final decision, but I am interested to see what this new engine might be capable of for the next era of the NASCAR games. I'm just hoping that the quality keeps going up and they listen to the fans and the players and include some more features we'd like to see in the future.

mtblillie likes this.
  8. Gwen Cole

Gwen Cole 93 Wins

I'll pick it up if it still has the race ticket with it, because otherwise it seems like it's mostly going to be what the Heat 4 2020 Update would've been.

Though, this shortened dev cycle would be a great time for them to add some smaller things that should already be in like the Clash, Duels, and All-Star race.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  9. RacerXero84

I never understood why these haven't made it into any of the games lately. There's really no good reason.

Gwen Cole likes this.
  10. alfiej

alfiej Well-Known Member

Yea i remember buying NASCAR Heat when it first came out for another game to play on PC but played too much liker a arcade game like Nintendo or playstation, and not a simulation, and never bought another version. maybe they changed it by now , just my experiance many years ago so still may be a pass for me as well.

11. Gwen Cole

Gwen Cole 93 Wins

So while looking through the NH4 files and changing some logos, it turns out that there are logos for the Shootout, Duels, and possibly All-Star Race.

12. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

Whats even more annoying about the game files is that almost all of their DLC is buried within the game. So not only are you getting stiffed with an expensive game with a lack of depth and content, you're also getting stiffed with a pay wall for content thats already in the game. At least that is how it is on pc. I dont hate the Heat series, but 4 wasn't much different from 3 and 5 will be the same. If the developers spent some time playing NASCAR 03-07 they'd have all content ideas they'd need to incorporate into the offline portion of the game and it would be a better money maker.

13. Gwen Cole

Gwen Cole 93 Wins

To be fair, I'm pretty sure all DLC on Steam is like that. When it comes out, it goes into the game files and then unlocks when you buy it. At least, that's how it is for Civ Vi. All the DLC is in the files once it goes live, but I can't use the DLC until I buy it.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  14. RacerXero84

This is correct. Destiny 2 does the same thing; preloads assets and textures for DLC content, which leads to people datamining to ascertain what's going to happen or what is coming up. If you don't have the DLC, it's still preloaded, you just can't access it until you have paid for it.

15. JNieder51188

For a game like Heat though its the absolute dumbest thing business wise to do. All the DLC in Heat is just new schemes and if you know how to import/export in Unity engine based games then you can work around the pay wall of Heat and never pay anything more than the base game.

16. mtblillie

mtblillie It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy

That may have less to do with the game developer and more to do with the platform. I'm pretty sure xbox does the same thing. I always assumed it was so if you were online and someone was using a skin for example that you didn't have you would still be able to see it.

17. RacerXero84

While I understand the sentiment (especially where the All Star, Shootouts, etc are concerned), the presence of something does not entitle you to ownership... IMO, challenges and paint schemes are the only real method of garnering additional DLC funds. And I know about asset altering in that. It's just friggin tedious for a low net gain (IMO, maybe I'm spoiled with the ease of use in nr2003?).

Unless you would like them to go to a seasonal model like almost every game out there; You buy the base game, comes with tracks for February to March, gotta buy the season pass for all of it, or 10 per season... this is the way the business is going, sadly.

18. JNieder51188

If I buy the game (i.e. the game data) and it has the DLC data within the files they gave me then that's a clear entitlement to me owning it, but as @mtblillie says that's on the platform and game provider not the developer. One is basically screwing the other. Picking apart the game files though is something I'd suggest keeping underwraps. I'd also say that in Heat its about as easy as NR2003 modding. This is just my opinion. I personally don't care for DLC in any game as usually it isn't something that prolongs my enthusiasm for the game.

19. RacerXero84

"it has the DLC data within the files they gave me then that's a clear entitlement to me owning it"

"Picking apart the game files though is something I'd suggest keeping underwraps."

2e5abf.jpg

20. JNieder51188

Yes it seems like a contradiction. I know how to do and have done it, but I'm not helping other do it or sharing the files. Its an easy thing to learn with a little youtube and reddit.