Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters

Swagger Racing 26

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I mean have ya'll looked at some of the Career schemes from heat 4 ?
especially the NAPA Ford scheme lol

Swagger Racing 26

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
and my biggest problem with the Heat games: you can't make time on the high line like in real world...
only tracks that it works are Kansas and Homestead (only Cup Series) I believe that was the same issue on NASCAR Inside Line

you can make setups that are fast as I did here:
but doesnt matter since AI are much faster on the inside

NH5 being NH4.5 lol I don't expect it to change but hopefully they will fix this on NH6..

D0rant

SRD Member
Reaction score
NH4 was the first game that I truly had a blast playing (though I didn't play it much but it was entertaining and fun) now I understand why people are unhappy cause the game doesn't seem to warrant paying 40-50 bucks as it's basically NH4 with a few updates but I think all the recent sports games have been guilty of that. I've played FIFA for almost 18 years now (not every but almost every) and they barely ever change, but come new season I always end up paying for it anyway like an idiot LOL same for 2K Sports' NBA and WWE series... all the fans complain and it's very clear on what new features they want but the developers just go the easy route, put a few little updates, an updated roster and ship it out for a new full price. It's not just a NASCAR game problem but a gaming industry problem in general.

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
NH4 was the first game that I truly had a blast playing (though I didn't play it much but it was entertaining and fun) now I understand why people are unhappy cause the game doesn't seem to warrant paying 40-50 bucks as it's basically NH4 with a few updates but I think all the recent sports games have been guilty of that. I've played FIFA for almost 18 years now (not every but almost every) and they barely ever change, but come new season I always end up paying for it anyway like an idiot LOL same for 2K Sports' NBA and WWE series... all the fans complain and it's very clear on what new features they want but the developers just go the easy route, put a few little updates, an updated roster and ship it out for a new full price. It's not just a NASCAR game problem but a gaming industry problem in general.
This is a sports gaming industry problem minus Codemasters and F1. EA, 704, 2k are all contractually obligated to put out a game each year and yet hardly do any new features. For a small company like 704 with limited assets that doesn't make sense. Surely they could make more money by offering a seasonal DLC update. For this NASCAR game platform I'd be more inclined to buy a 2020 DLC/update than a full price game especially considering the game engine and all the modelling isn't changing minus two tweaks to the Xfinity Mustang and Cup Camaro.

casssp

SRD Member
Reaction score
Can we consider Milestone as a small company? Because I always follow (and buy at sale) the trio: F1, MotoGP and Nascar, and the evolution of MotoGP games from one year to the next is very visible.

Swagger Racing 26

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
they just got screwed with that contract with NASCAR that they have to bring out a game EVERY YEAR...
I guess that's why they didn't wanna bring out the 2020 DLC for NH4, instead that DLC will be a seperate game called NH5 so ppl still want to buy this game...

now the focus is on NH6 with the new game engine

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
SRD Member
Reaction score
You would think they could at the least have better quality control.

Attachments

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
There's.... a lot to unpack.

- challenges not functioning as intended*
- textures not properly placed*
- career mode crashing*
- *still* no online qualifying
- DNF's not working as intended*
- Evidently Larson is still modeled as the driver of the 42
- Rim color issues*
- Jeff Gordon is an African American apparently.....*
- Look closely at the race win statues; they still say Heat 4
- Wrong fonts used for names on front/back of cars
- Button mapping issues*

(* - to be addressed in upcoming patch here in the next week or so, per Heat Discord admins)

Ok.... now that the dirty laundry is aired, bright side.

- Cars feel better than Heat 4, especially in online mode (couldn't get too close to people)
- Indy GP circuit is coming soon
- Custom Season with optional Playoffs is nice to have
- AI is actually more fun IMO, better awareness, etc.

Where they best not screw up in 6 (with a totally new code, engine, etc):

- Paint. Booth. For the love of god....
- Qualifying in Online mode (give us back our damn league abilities, 1/2 the people on PC CAN'T drive)
- WAY more in depth career mode. F1 2020 really set the bar. I'd be happy for ~75% of what that has, no excuses with a whole new code/engine

If Heat 4 works for you, keep at it, to be honest. I bought this in hopes that MAYBE continuing to support the company will produce a good Heat 6. Heat 5 is VERY MUCH a copy-paste job with some tweaks.

So basically, these guys have one shot: Heat 6. If they manage to screw it up, despite the decent support they got from the community, I'm out. With the company beating its chest about how much talent they have in-house now, releasing something on this level come next year will be absolutely unacceptable. It's Motorsport.com, so honestly, they can't afford to tarnish their name much more.... and the fact that I feel the need to say that much is worrisome.

EDIT: still better tire model than iRacing soooooo.... lololol (coming from someone who has been subbed to iRacing since 2014)

D0rant

SRD Member
Reaction score
So basically, these guys have one shot: Heat 6. If they manage to screw it up, despite the decent support they got from the community, I'm out.
Since the next game is supposed to be built on a new engine it will be very different from what the developers have been able to do on Unity. The only question that remains to be seen is whether that "different" will be for the good or for the bad but having experience with other sports games like FIFA the problem is that a new engine usually means waiting for 2-3 yearly games to actually get good, much like how it was with NASCAR Heat series. The only one I really had a blast with was 4.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Since the next game is supposed to be built on a new engine it will be very different from what the developers have been able to do on Unity. The only question that remains to be seen is whether that "different" will be for the good or for the bad but having experience with other sports games like FIFA the problem is that a new engine usually means waiting for 2-3 yearly games to actually get good, much like how it was with NASCAR Heat series. The only one I really had a blast with was 4.
And normally I would afford them that luxury, as I did with EA whenever they changed consoles.... but in just about every single interview, the head of the gaming division for Motorsport has been beating his chest talking a REAL big game. Which is normally fine, to a point. But he really went above and beyond on what they plan to deliver...

Talk is cheap. Produce results, then I'll sing praises.

But my whole thing is: how to you *copy & paste* a game, and yet come up with a plethora of glitches and problems that didn't exist in Heat 4? How???
Answer is: you don't, unless your 'amazing new group' is sloppy. Which doesn't exactly inspire trust and enthusiasm.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Something must have really gone down in that camp to be having so many issues across the board. Like their staff or funding got cut or some screwup got put in charge or something. I don't remember all these issues last year.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Or maybe Covid put a halt to the team working on and getting everything debugged?
I was lumping that under "staff got cut" but yeah it is a possibility. I feel like with all the problems these guys must be scrambling and OTing like crazy

D0rant

SRD Member
Reaction score
Or maybe Covid put a halt to the team working on and getting everything debugged?
It definitely didn't make it easier for them and considering they only get a year to release a new game every year it's already a hard thing to accomplish BUT they had normal 8 months and 4 months under Covid chaos to get something done but they barely did anything to warrant releasing a game.

Apparently some guy won a Truck Series race in NH5 and got a winner's trophy that says NASCAR Heat 4... :D like sure it's a minor detail in the big picture but I'll be damned if that doesn't show how little has been actually changed from NH4.
jj.jpg

D0rant

SRD Member
Reaction score
My definitive review of NASCAR Heat 5 after playing it for a few days.

casssp

SRD Member
Reaction score
They patched the game...

Added:

• Dale Earnhardt Jr to Xfinity Series
• Bubba Wallace Sunoco scheme
• “2020 Revised Schedule” to Championship Mode
• 2 New Custom Paint schemes
• 3 New Custom Fonts
• More logos in Custom Car and Custom Driver
• New Challenges
• Team Penske eNHPL driver schemes

Fixed:

• Issue that caused users to be able to select Tony Stewart’s scheme in Career
• Updated career so DLC Cash will work in “Full Career”
• Trophies that had outdated logos on them
• Adjusted DNF parameters
• Updated Custom Championship to allow all tracks in any series (excluding Dirt)
• Updated “Restart Zone” art at New Hampshire
• Updated track art at Charlotte Roval
• Updated Victory Scene background at Chicagoland
• Fixed various text issues throughout Online
• Fixed various text issues throughout Challenges
• Fixed various text issues throughout Options menu
• Updated incorrect driver names
• Fixed mismatching online custom car numbers
• Updated Kyle Busch’s Xfinity Pit Equipment
• Updated certain eNHPL Driver photos
• Updated dirt track “Taggart” to “Fanatec Fairgrounds”
• Updated driver’s paint schemes
• Updated incorrect Truck series team descriptions
• Updated logos in Dirt Career
• Updated Driver Select categories

Removed:

• Motorious & Speed Digital Logos (Replaced with 704 Games logos)
• Spectator Ticker (undergoing QA)