Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Heat Evolution Discussion

KahneRacing945

3-Time USORL Rally Winner
Banned
Reaction score
2016 Kentucky repave will not be in the game. It wasn't completed in time for release.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Meh, I said my part about this. Once it comes out, I'll acquire a copy (re: take one for the team) and see what it has, along with a full pro-neutral-con list for those who are wary. Hell, I'll even roll with a wheel and a controller, so that I can be as comprehensive as possible.

I want this game to be good, I want it to live up to what is expected of it. However, I'm old enough not to be duped so easily. We shall see when September comes around whether or not it's a viable game, or simply more garbage like the Eutechnyx trash.

Julio Chang

SRD Member
Reaction score
The problem with any sort of expectations with this game is that it hasn't come out yet. People want to make sweeping declarations both good and bad about a product we haven't played yet. If you're an adult, or hell even if you're a kid, how you spend your money is your responsibility and yours only. If you're skeptical, wait for reviews, details, and videos of the finished product, or perhaps rent it instead of shelling out the cash to buy the game day one. If you're already sold, buy it, but if you end up being disappointed, it's still your choice to spend the money.

There are a couple of issues with the discussion of this game. One, I don't subscribe to the theory that we should feel "lucky" just to have a NASCAR game. In my opinion, that type of mentality and lack of accountability is why ETX and even EA towards the end was why they were able to get away with putting out the poor quality products they produced. They knew there would be enough people that would say "At least it's a NASCAR game." and buy it anyway. At the end of the day if the game is unplayable, that's not really better than not having a game. Don't buy bad products and companies will have incentive to make it better if they wish to turn a profit. Until then you will continue to get cash grab quality and nothing more.

The other issue is, this may be Sim Racing Design, but I think it would be disingenuous to pretend this isn't an NR2003 first forum. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. NR2003 was and still is a great game. But because of this, there is always going to be a portion of the users on this site that will never mentally allow themselves to perceive anything as being better or anywhere near as good as NR2003 regardless of product quality. It's like Dale Earnhardt in NASCAR. Someone could win 200 straight races and 9 championships and in their mind he or she still can't touch Dale. I'm not saying you shouldn't discuss the game on here. There are plenty of open and rational people looking for the next big thing in NASCAR video games. I'm just saying that some of the criticisms should be taken with a grain of salt because some people will never be satisfied with anything that isn't NR2016.

It's far too early to tell how valid the praise or criticism is at this point. Be smart, do your research, and spend your money wisely. You dropping 60? bucks on a game, be it good or bad, is entirely on you.

Last edited:

nj9703

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
What are all those scratches about on Danica? My goodness.

Also...
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You can see damage in the first pic on Elliott, Kurt Busch, and Aric Almirola

MattyO

SJW & Woke Hater
Admin
Reaction score
Car models look good. Track details as @J.R.Franklin mentioned is fantastic. I still don't like their daylight system they are using though.

Was it announced that they will, or won't be supporting wheels?

KyleBusch18

SRD Member
Reaction score
Car models look good. Track details as @J.R.Franklin mentioned is fantastic. I still don't like their daylight system they are using though.

Was it announced that they will, or won't be supporting wheels?
On the twitch stream i think it was said that they will support thrustmaster and logitech wheels but i could be wrong

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Graphics do look pretty decent but the cars still look like they have a lift kit