1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

NASCAR Heat Evolution Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Lookey2000, May 19, 2016.

1. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

;)

Steve7151 likes this.
  2. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Sure you can do anything you wanna do, as long as you have the proper tools.. Instead of asking questions, if your interested, you should do some tinkering of your own. It's like any sim, if you wanna learn, you gotta do your homework and learn how to do things. Just like modeling, track building, anything. You can tinker with any sim you like for your own personal use. Nobody can stop you from doing that. :)

Steve7151 and RacerXero84 like this.
  3. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Melter of Snowflakes

10-4, will do Dave. Thanks.

DaveO likes this.
  4. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Member

Has anyone figured out how to edit driver ratings? I found one CSV file that had them, but when I edited it, it didn't do anything. I'm asking because I don't think Martin Truex Jr. belongs way back in 30th place, or Regan Smith in 10th.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  5. NascarMan32

Never mind, it won't help me now since my new R7 370 STRIX just keeps activating some stupid anti-surge thing even though the anti-surge in the motherboard is disabled. It's actually really annoying. And this is related to this thread because I can no longer play NASCAR Heat Evolution. Even worse, I can't play NR2003!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  6. watsonz

watsonz Member

7. NascarMan32

8. ed o

ed o New Member

Not sure if the CSV file does anything. When I was searching for mods I saw a guy name Vanceric on GameFAQs posted about trying to mod the game also. I had found some driver monobehaviours and he discovered they could be edited with a hex editor. The monobehaviours ranging from 8357 to 8399 have all of the drivers in them going alphabetically by first name. The exported raw data can be edited with a hex editor but seems to be somewhat finicky. I have tested out the string parts and switched ratings of two drivers. It seems like everything is in there.

NascarMan32 likes this.
  9. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

Go grab it now. The All Star scheme pack is free on the Xbox Store because the people who preordered from Best Buy didn't get the right code.

10. NascarMan32

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to try that out now (if I can figure out how, I'll PM you if I need a bit more help, and if I do I'm sorry for the hassle).
    EDIT: Okay, I got it. Thanks for your help!
    EDIT #2: Dang, it didn't work. The game just crashes on startup. :(

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  11. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Well the TMS modding crew is slowly learning this sim, of the in's and outs.. It's a very fun experience.. :) Were slowly getting all the pieces of this puzzle figured out.. :)

Attached Files:

12. radney

radney Well-Known Member

I have a question. Do any of the AI paint schemes changes for any of you during different races? Other than Darlington, I have not seen the AI use their other paint schemes in the game. I'm also in career mode.

13. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

14. long gone

long gone New Member Banned

Bud Light Platinum car career mod. I am working on this and used it to replace my career car. I am going to add more logo's to it and thinking about making my career numbers transparent so i can just add numbers to my car and you wan't see the ones the game loads. Thanks to RAH for base

Attached Files:

15. watsonz

watsonz Member

And so it begins. Can't wait to see all of the schemes people make. Wonder if it's possible to change the font of the car number?

16. long gone

long gone New Member Banned

I am going to make it where you can not see the number that the game puts on you car,And i am going to add one on my template.

17. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Wonder what DMR will have to say about this... Will they accept that you can now add custom schemes or will they be unleashing the lawyers...

18. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

They can't say shit, if it's for his own personal use.. :) As long as he keeps it on his own harddrive, they can't do a damn thing about it.. But I would keep a close eye over at Race Department, they have opened up a downloads section for mods for NHE. There is already a template and I think a paint that has been released..

If you learn how to do something, and share your knowledge with other folks that is fine, and keep it for your own personal use. It's when you start to release things to the general public for others to download you have to be wary.. So please by all means, let Race Department lead the way. :) We can all take a back seat keep doing what we have been doing, but just sit tight and see what happens. :) Wes, we could of been releasing paints and shit two weeks ago if we wanted to.. :) Were just a little bit smarter, we just hang back and play the waiting game. :)

Spike likes this.
  19. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Exactly ;) Let others test the water first.

DaveO likes this.
  20. MasGrafx

MasGrafx Well-Known Member

DaveO and company, couldn't let you guys have all the fun ;), got the itch to tinker a bit my self...:p
    WIP, but as you said its been fun learning the sim and all. It definitely has some possibilities...
    nhe_MasGrafx.jpg nhe_24_MasGrafx.jpg nhe_7_MasGrafx.jpg pitboxWIP.jpg

Andy1, DaveO and Darren Ingram like this.