1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE

NASCAR Heat Evolution Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Lookey2000, May 19, 2016.

1. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

In about a weeks time, we will be releasing updated templates for this game, for folks who might be interested in painting there own schemes.. The dimensions will be just like how Monster Games created the originals. 4096 X 2048. Now the original mapping of how they did these models leave a lot to be desired for. imho the mapping they did was strange, and will make,painting on the templates be difficult even for the more advanced painter.

Attached Files:

Griff88 and Spike like this.
  2. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Just a slight update..

After we release the templates, TMS will not be supporting Nascar Heat Evolution. We will still continue to support the original Nascar Heat PC game, and maybe one or two other sims in the future. But once we release these templates, that will be it for us doing any type of editing for this game.. The models have not been edited by us at all. All mapping is the original, sadly lame stuff they created, which is hard for me to comprehend, since I've never seen another modeler map utter shit like this before. (which is why the template looks ridiculous) Anyhow, thought I would mentions this, so folks don't come asking for tutorials about future stuff on this.. And yes, that means no addon mod's for NHE.

Peace Out!

Spike and Benjamin Fruth like this.
  3. Benjamin Fruth

Benjamin Fruth Well-Known Member

Like everyone else, I wanted this game to be the bee's knees, but after the buzz came to a halt after release, I could tell it was crap. Well, not crap, just not what I would be looking for. Good on @DaveO and the entire Mod Squad crew for telling like it is! I still have hope DMR can pull up their pants and give the hard-core/simulation fans an awesome game next year (or when ever, if they do another), but they won't be using my money to do it. Seems like they won't have the third party support to do it either.

With the seemingly rushed to market game they produced in NHE, if they do make another version, it will be even harder to sell now that they have this black-eye to their credit. Slow your role; take your time; screw the hype; don't try to please everyone; make something awesome. They all go hand-in-hand... What a shame DMR didn't realize that. :/

DaveO likes this.
  4. hammer26tn

hammer26tn Well-Known Member

I got it after the update. Huge mistake on my part. I can't tolerate the game more than 5 minutes at a time. I'd say ETX made better nascar games than this one. But I've got nobody but myself to blame for buying it

Mystical likes this.
  5. Mydnyte

Mydnyte Member

So this is one of those games where you pretty much start out with nothing and have to unlock EVERYTHING? You gotta be shitting me. Some of us have jobs and don't have months and months to spend racing on tracks we don't like to unlock other stuff. Freakin unreal.

6. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Well, a way to do it is to do the Career Mode. It won't unlock all the tracks for anytime use but you go through a season.

Yeah, that was stupid on their part though. I did not know this when I spoke with the creators in July.

7. hammer26tn

Unmovable AI. Let me rephrase that, nearly unmovable AI. Pretty much like the AI from NASCAR 08, where you pretty much have to slam into them to get them loose or move them up the track, and even then, it's much more likely that your own car gets upset, and touching the apron = insta-spin. I can touch the apron on iRacing and not spin out. No visual damage for most types of impacts except from slamming full speed into anything. The car sounds were "updated" but I swear I used to use the same sounds for nr2003. They basically went from crappy, outdated sounds to crappy "new" sounds. I HATE the tire skid sound. I've had the game for 2 weeks and I've probably played it 20 minutes, maybe 30, and not all at once. I spent more time setting up the wheel and checking/rechecking everything than I did actually playing the game. This game makes me want to go back and play the older games. They laid an egg with this one.

DaveO likes this.
  8. games123

games123 NXS & NCWTS Painter

Would you guys recommend picking up the game for console on Black Friday then?

Capture.PNG

9. thefaeway

thefaeway Well-Known Member

You already have WWF 17, Bioshock, Tomb Raider, NHL 17, Deux Ex and Farming Simulator 17? These are all guaranteed to be better ;)

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Yes. More than likely, thefaeway hasn't played the game. It's a great game... the engines being the old heat sounds are my only irk.

11. Thunder98

Thunder98 SRD Moderator Moderator

$60, $49.99, $35, not even worth $20 from what I've seen. It's nothing more than NASCAR Heat 2002 upgraded to 2016, hardly worth $10.

12. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Game is still $49 with a 2.5 star rating on amazon. Unless the game gets to or lower than $15 I probably won't pick it up. Not really a money thing with me but more what I feel the game is worth after seeing reviews and thoughts from hardcore Nascar fans.

I do hope the next Nascar game is worth a day 1 buy though as I would like a new Nascar game that can rival NR2003 one day of course. Next year is extremely pivotal for them to greatly improve or we're just going back to the same cycle ETX did until they quit.

DaveO and InsideLine like this.
  13. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

At this point after reading the reviews, seeing the ratings and the community reaction I wouldn't even download the game for free

MrDude68 and Mystical like this.
  14. thefaeway

Kay.

Not sure @Phoenix has played the game since most of the respected opinions say no. :)

15. Phoenix

None of those three have played it either from thoss quotes... it's just "what i've seen" and the community is more prejudicial than provident at this point, they expect their first game in years to be amazing? It races very good, and it is fun. I just want new engine sounds.

TColeman12 likes this.
  16. thefaeway

@Phoenix I think my point was made, anyway. Furthermore, my comment was facetious in the first place. I guess ;) doesn't translate well in your part of the world?

17. Phoenix

@thefaeway it has gotten too hard to tell. There is so much rude and hateful behavior on RuRa and SRD, so I don't even think about sarcasm or humor. The community has gotten dry, just not as bad as NASCAR's social media account comments.

18. Mydnyte

Mydnyte Member

I would be perfectly okay with the game not being perfect, but I absolutely positively despise "unlockable" games. I have very little free time to actually play games and when I do have time I want to pick the car I want, pick the track I want and get to racing.

19. hammer26tn

Uh, yes. Yes I would expect it to be perfect, or near to it. There are plenty of racing games in the market that the devs could have used for inspiration on this game. Forza 6 has a better NASCAR expansion than this full-fledged NASCAR game. There is no reason, given the fact that these guys developed what was regarded as one of, if not the best, NASCAR console games ever made. If you haven't played the game yet, I would suggest saving your money. It is not worth the price tag as is, probably wouldn't get this game for free if I hadn't already bought it. I'm not one to scare people away from a NASCAR game, but stay away from this one. Just stick with the older games for now. I'm still playing the games from the last 10 years, and they are easily better. This game is so uninspired. It's like the guys who developed this game tried to cash in on a very dated formula for a good NASCAR game from 13 years ago by slapping new car skins on old bodies, updated the tracks, and left everything else exactly the same.

thefaeway and DaveO like this.
  20. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I am not going to spend $50+ on a game just to try it for myself when 97% of the reviews are bad. I wouldnt buy a $2 mcdonalds hamburger if everyone said it tasted terrible. same concept. but for those who like the game good for you.

thefaeway and Mystical like this.