1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

NASCAR Heat Evolution Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Lookey2000, May 19, 2016.

1. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Moron

I don't get why people are saying NASCAR Heat Evolution is even worse than the Eutechnyx NASCAR games. 2011-2015 were really terrible years for NASCAR games (except for the graphics and sound, which were amazing). Driving physics were garbage, damage systems were even worse, A.I. drivers sometimes deserved to have their heads melted, and hood flaps were practically nonexistent. I can live without a paint booth - which doesn't really matter since @DaveO released paint templates for the game, and I can live without the best graphics in the world. But at least the A.I. aren't on rails around the track. Also, with help (or rather step-by-step instructions) from @ed o, I was able to figure out how to edit driver ratings, so that maybe if you are a Martin Truex Jr. fan, your favorite driver could be a bit less incompetent in the game. The crash physics aren't as good as NR2003, and the tuning might not be as in-depth, and the whole "unlockable tracks" thing is completely ridiculous. But at least DMR is listening to our feedback. With time and updates, this game could be even better than Monster Games' previous titles. We just have to be patient.

Also, they announced new DLC today.
    http://www.nascarheat.com/2016/11/15/nascar-heat-evolution-november-dlc/
    I especially love that they have been adding spotter packs with communication from real NASCAR spotters.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    dbowen2014 likes this.
  2. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Really milking the DLC... So far the total is if you just buy the PS4 & XBOX pit passes $35 on top of what you already paid for the game, for the PC version it's already $38.90 without the November dlc

3. TColeman12

TColeman12 Dale Jr, off of 4, one last time...

I've already said I'm not buying DLC. I'm happy with what I have. I have the ability to race online with my Xbox friends on Xbox.

4. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Well I could get into a long story, and skip the entire Eutechnyx era, and just speak about the Orig. NH game and NR2003 vs. the new NHE game. Basically those two games when they were released, there core engines were mind blowing.. Even before any patch for either game was released. We have an engine Unity that I've spent a ton of time learning how to edit it.. Plus I work in the information technology field. Basically, this is a platform more designed for the mobile industry. Also the PC game was ported over from a console game. So the execution for the PC platform already had two strikes against it. It was designed for consoles first. That is where the $$$ is. Now besides that, the basics of most game from over a decade ago had more basic features, in it, for a game that cost $30 vs 60 and here it is 17 years later. LOL Now MGI is a great company, and they know how to do things. Basically imho, they never had enough development time to execute a great game, that folks from my era are use to seeing, and also expecting better work. Sadly it's all about the almighty dollar. It's very hard for me to even talk about this that much anymore. Because out of anyone, most diehard heat guys and NR2003 guys from years past are use to getting top notch quality stuff.. Come on we didn't even get the basics when it was released, keyboard interaction, overall replay reviewing from any driver in the game. We had to get stupid patches for this stuff, when it should of already been built into the game. The patch's for a typical game is normal bug fixes. NOT normal functions that we are use too.. See right there that's the difference in having quality built products, instead of stuff being shipped out halfassed, and then waiting for the basic stuff to come out as patch's. When patch's should of been other things. Back in the day all this patch's we already had as core stuff. The patch's from years ago for all of us in Heat, was to make it easier to mod the game, like opening up and having more options in the garage area, having more control in other areas, instead of certain items being locked down.. Come here it is a 15 years later, and other's can't see your DLC content that you pick and see it online in a server.. Now that's pretty pathetic. Right now 15 years earlier we could do that simple thing of adding a custom paint and anyone could see our paint online. And in most other games you could too. So if you select DLC content or whatever go online, other folks just see the default paints ingame.. Can you now understand why some stuff is just plain ass backwards? We shouldn't be waiting for things that have been around for over 15 plus years that is a natural given.

Spike and MrDude68 like this.
  5. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

One of the problems is that people are still dropping money for today's half-assed games. Where's the incentive to make it better if people will buy it regardless? Tbh they really don't care if you complain as long as they still get your money.

thefaeway likes this.
  6. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

I do gotta say, they are cranking out DLC quick compared to Eutechnyx.

7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I don't really consider DLC (especially when its dlc that should be part of the base game) a praiseworthy thing. Older Nascar games had extra paints schemes part of the game for free. I mean if the game allowed painting custom cars the community could make those quicker and for free as well.

8. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Moron

Well, some of the DLC is free, and at least the rest is cheap. Not TEN DOLLARS like the DLC for the Eutechnyx NASCAR games.

9. Matthew124

Matthew124 Well-Known Member Banned

For anyone who is holding out for a lower price, it'll be $34.99 at GameStop during their "Pre-Black Friday Sale" on Tuesday and Wednesday.

4WideRacing likes this.
  10. thefaeway

thefaeway Well-Known Member

Like ICR II had two expansions. One had several tracks, the other had Indianapolis Motor Speedway and a paintkit. ;) And ICR II is the same company we praise for NR2K3, and the same few guys we hate for iRacing.

11. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Thanks, I think I may just get it!

Matthew124 likes this.
  12. TColeman12

Lol. If you add the pit passes up, they're $35 all total right now on the Xbox Store without Gold. I wouldn't call that cheap lol. $35 is the price of the game right now.

Mystical, thefaeway and Spike like this.
  13. shaneshine23

shaneshine23 NR2003 driver since 2008

Well, paying $60 isn't fun anymore.

TColeman12 and DaveO like this.
  14. TColeman12

I never liked paying $60 for any game lol. I haven't played this game in a month, we'll see what it takes to get me back into it.

shaneshine23 likes this.
  15. Scxurge

Scxurge Well-Known Member

I definitely think NHE was a letdown, but it could've been way worse. Hopefully EA can come through and save us all

16. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

That sentence has never been said before.

17. radney

radney Well-Known Member

Highly doubt it......they can't even get Madden right.

shaneshine23 likes this.
  18. Phoenix

Phoenix Non sibi sed patriae

17 is a major step in the right direction. I never play MUT, but the franchise section is improved. Much better over the recent Maddens.

The_Dolfan likes this.
  19. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Makin' $$$ off noobs

Or, in the case of those great old Thunder games, locked behind 'Plates' that made playing the game much more enjoyable.

Mystical likes this.
  20. radney

radney Well-Known Member

It may be the better version of Madden over the years but they are still miles apart on where they should be being that they've had the exclusive rights since 2005. Franchise mode has definitely improved. I don't play any other mode either. Only thing that is realistic with Madden is the NFL teams and players, But other than that, "notta!' Gameplay is so unrealistic, it's not even funny. But to the point of the OP, if EA was still making NASCAR games, they would probably have a decent product by now.

Scxurge and Mystical like this.