1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE

NASCAR Heat Evolution Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Lookey2000, May 19, 2016.

1. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Franchise mode is the only reason I would buy those games, then they removed being able to make custom teams and stadiums and colors. Now all they got is the dumb 'relocate' that isn't even a fraction as good or easy to do as just making as many custom teams as you wanted.

shaneshine23 and radney like this.
  2. thefaeway

thefaeway Well-Known Member

So... NASCAR HEAT is certainly worth $20 or less, assuming one gauges their $ according to watching a movie in the theater for $10 (per person) for 90 minutes. I bought it on sale for $30 and I paid too much.

DjFuture likes this.
  3. Scxurge

Scxurge Well-Known Member

Madden is a different game though. Nascar '06/07 were amazing games. Imagine that game being modernized

4. Rika Shinozaki

Rika Shinozaki Well-Known Member

how did you do that?

5. brt3

brt3 Well-Known Member

Guys,

I have been out of the community for about 6 months. Going to get back started racing with the start of the new NASCAR season. Can someone give me the quick and dirty on this new game? I saw a thread but I'll be honest, didn't want to sort through 58 pages.

Is it a replacement for NR2003?

Can you import cars?

Can you drive as yourself, or do you have to assume an identity?

Alter the schedules at all?

I'm the type of racer that likes to change cars, schedules, and make it my own world. Should I stick with NR2003?

6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Grease Monkey

1: No
    2: Not really, not without extensive work
    3: Yes, but paint/sponsor options are limited, see #2
    4: Not that I know of as of yet

5: Yes.

brt3 and NascarMan32 like this.
  7. RacerXero84

To extend on this a bit:

Work has already begun on the next installment of the series. What it will have compared to NR2003 I'm not sure, but given how they got blasted for the very things you are asking about (along with some physics, sound, and other bugs), it would not surprise me to allow for some of what you are looking for. A LOT of people are clamoring for an import function, and they did say they were looking into that as a possibility for this next game.

brt3 likes this.
  8. brt3

brt3 Well-Known Member

Got it, thanks. I think that makes it pretty easy, I'll stick with NR2003 for a while. Hope the community continues to support it!!

Thanks!!

RacerXero84 likes this.
  9. RacerXero84

Unless someone drops a game with a similar file structure and modding ability as NR2003 in the near future, I highly doubt it'll be going anywhere. Plus there are still a fair amount of talented individuals modding, making tracks, paints, and other content for the game and keeping it up to date.

Only thing I could see that would dent that would be for iRacing to release a purely offline option of their service (since they STILL use a lot from nr2003), and while they have discussed it as a potential option, I'm pretty sure we'll see a game made outright that rivals nr2003 before iRacing makes that happen.

So buckle in, grab some content, and don't go too far: NR2003 is here to stay.

InsideLine and brt3 like this.
  10. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 World's Only Logano Fan

Honestly, as long as drama doesn't get to nr2003 and the communities stay together, nr2003 will easily be around another 5 or so years as long as a better game isn't released.

11. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Even if/when the NR2003 community dies if there is no game comparable still I'd be making mods for myself even then lol. The only other thing that would stop me is hardware all of the sudden makes the game obsolete like the near disaster we had with nvidia drivers not making NR2003 load properly (thankfully they fixed that).

thefaeway and InsideLine like this.
  12. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

From what I've heard they are using the same game engine again so don't get your hopes up.

shaneshine23 likes this.
  13. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Where did you hear this ?

14. RacerXero84

It was announced they were working on it during a podcast a while back, IIRC. I used to watch all their streams and whatnot, hoping to gain an understanding of where they were going with the game and in the future.

Not so much anymore though.

15. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Sadly, that is true. But there suppose to add more enhancements... I've already moved on, and went back to modding orig NH. And enjoy racing AMS & NR2003.

InsideLine likes this.
  16. RacerXero84

Ew.... yeah, they would have to seriously edit the engine for it to be decent IMO. Driving that game is about as exciting as cleaning my house.
    So if it comes out that they do use the EXACT same engine, I'm already out.

17. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Exactly!!! The original game has more to offer.. It's like they went totally ass backwards.. Sorry, I was totally excited when they first announced this game.. Now. I could care less.. LOL I'm enjoying my hobby exactly as I like. Racing a few sims, modding one, and also advancing and learning more about a couple of other sims modeling wise, for the pure fun of it personally. :) :) oh well, last comment for me in this thread. :)

cya later bud

RacerXero84 likes this.
  18. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

They literally did go backwards because half of NHE is from D2D.

19. RacerXero84

Which in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing per se.

D2D was, next to NR2003, probably my favorite NASCAR game to play. If they took that game, and simply enhanced it, tweaked the physics/sound a bit, and updated rosters/tracks/sponsors, I think the game might have been a hit.

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  20. watsonz

watsonz Member

TSF141996 likes this.