1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat Evolution Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Lookey2000, May 19, 2016.

1. Scxurge

Scxurge Well-Known Member

Microsoft should make the games. If they're gonna do the same thing that Eutechnyx did and copy and paste the game every year, you might as well give it to somebody who will put effort into it. With how good Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 3 have been made, I'd like to give it a shot. I would have to move to Xbox One if they do though.

2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Microsoft tried their hand at NASCAR. Never again.

3. Scxurge

They didn't base the game solely around NASCAR. It was an extension to Forza. I bet if they took their time to actually make a NASCAR sim it'd be better than anything that's been released in the past five years

4. RacerXero84

Debatable. While Forza is indeed a fun game, that doesn't translate to a good NASCAR game.

Scxurge likes this.
  5. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

The forza nascar expansion looks 30x better than any full blown nascar game released the past 10 years tho

Scxurge likes this.
  6. Scxurge

Facts

7. Rika Shinozaki

Rika Shinozaki Well-Known Member Banned

i take offense to that lol

8. Scxurge

He's not wrong though...

9. Rika Shinozaki

im joking and thats for damn sure he's not wrong forza made nascar look so pretty

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  10. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, looks good doesn't equal plays good. I've dumped enough time into Forza to know that if they made a NASCAR game using similar physics/AI, it would be just as bad as anything we've gotten in the last few years (although it would probably be a good multiplayer experience). It'll just look prettier.

Nevermind the fact that an Xbox only NASCAR game would piss a lot of people off.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  11. SophisticatedPepsi

SophisticatedPepsi New Member

Honestly I think they should give EA the rights back to the game. They did amazing with NASCAR '06 Total Team Control, maybe DMR could somewhat import that into the game, like being able to join teams and buying a team.

12. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

The_Dolfan and 4WideRacing like this.
  13. Rika Shinozaki

You just noticed that now? xD

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  14. Matthew124

Matthew124 Well-Known Member Banned

Codemasters should get the license but that's none of my business.

I finally got a chance to play it.. it's not as god awful as people said. I had a blast running around online with a buddy of mine.

15. Scxurge

I have about another year until I'm 20

16. Rika Shinozaki

Yeah, i got like 2 and a half years before i turn 20

17. RacerXero84

Ah... to believe that amazing graphics mean that the game will be equally amazing in its play....

From the people that probably never knew the original console classics, where the gameplay was amazing. Seems as though, because we put so much emphasis on how it looks, that we tend to ignore the rather piss poor gameplay. This is why I stay away from games that put a TON of emphasis on how it looks.

18. shaneshine23

shaneshine23 Amateur Tattoo Artist.

It's from the same anime as well..
    not that I know anything about that.
    :)

19. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

No one here said that

As far as D2D the gameplay and graphics were amazing...for it's time. The bar has been raised. I can tell you right now that I don't still play Nr2003 for the graphics. And I'm not going to run out and get Forza Nascar or NHE because they look pretty.

20. RacerXero84

It was heavily implied that that was the primary concern is how a game looks.

Am I the only one here that is actually content with nr2003 graphics?? With all the add-on's and what not, it, to me, looks amazing even when held against some other offerings in the NASCAR realm, and IMO, while the intricate detail isn't present in nr2003 as it is in newer games, it still can hold it's own.

I think buying a game because it looks pretty is a great way to be disappointed (not to mention waste a fair amount of money, money that simply put, doesn't come easily for some). NHE was exactly that. I played it for 6 hours, giving it a fair shake after all the hype, hoping that maybe, just maybe, we could have a solid game. NOPE. I uninstalled it after the first patch failed to correct glaring issues. I'm tired of hearing "it was their first try, give em a chance". I learned from the Eutechnyx debacle. I will give DMR this much: I'll TRY their next one, if it doesn't shake out to be exceptionally better than this, I'm not wasting my time/money on "support them to make it better/make the next one better" scheme.

I, and many others that I know, would rather take a small hit in looks and have a solid game with great replay value than, especially in Eutechnyx case, an overly polished turd. None of this is necessarily directed at anyone, I'm just fed up with devs doing work that is deemed to be "good enough". NASCAR fans have been left to the wolves and iRacing's mercy because of that mentality, while Madden gets a damn remake every. single. year. Absolutely obnoxious, and not holding devs to a standard is what allows for the crap we've gotten to continue.

/rant