Updated
42 - Credit One Bank Camaro - MART1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Heat Evolution Discussion

Scxurge

Reaction score
Microsoft should make the games. If they're gonna do the same thing that Eutechnyx did and copy and paste the game every year, you might as well give it to somebody who will put effort into it. With how good Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 3 have been made, I'd like to give it a shot. I would have to move to Xbox One if they do though.

Scxurge

Reaction score
Microsoft tried their hand at NASCAR. Never again.
They didn't base the game solely around NASCAR. It was an extension to Forza. I bet if they took their time to actually make a NASCAR sim it'd be better than anything that's been released in the past five years

David24

Reaction score
The forza nascar expansion looks 30x better than any full blown nascar game released the past 10 years tho

DanAsher26

Reaction score
Unfortunately, looks good doesn't equal plays good. I've dumped enough time into Forza to know that if they made a NASCAR game using similar physics/AI, it would be just as bad as anything we've gotten in the last few years (although it would probably be a good multiplayer experience). It'll just look prettier.

Nevermind the fact that an Xbox only NASCAR game would piss a lot of people off.

SophisticatedPepsi

Reaction score
Honestly I think they should give EA the rights back to the game. They did amazing with NASCAR '06 Total Team Control, maybe DMR could somewhat import that into the game, like being able to join teams and buying a team.

Matthew124

Banned
Reaction score
Codemasters should get the license but that's none of my business.

I finally got a chance to play it.. it's not as god awful as people said. I had a blast running around online with a buddy of mine.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Ah... to believe that amazing graphics mean that the game will be equally amazing in its play....

From the people that probably never knew the original console classics, where the gameplay was amazing. Seems as though, because we put so much emphasis on how it looks, that we tend to ignore the rather piss poor gameplay. This is why I stay away from games that put a TON of emphasis on how it looks.

David24

Reaction score
Ah... to believe that amazing graphics mean that the game will be equally amazing in its play....
No one here said that

From the people that probably never knew the original console classics, where the gameplay was amazing. Seems as though, because we put so much emphasis on how it looks, that we tend to ignore the rather piss poor gameplay. This is why I stay away from games that put a TON of emphasis on how it looks.
As far as D2D the gameplay and graphics were amazing...for it's time. The bar has been raised. I can tell you right now that I don't still play Nr2003 for the graphics. And I'm not going to run out and get Forza Nascar or NHE because they look pretty.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
No one here said that
It was heavily implied that that was the primary concern is how a game looks.

As far as D2D the gameplay and graphics were amazing...for it's time. The bar has been raised. I can tell you right now that I don't still play Nr2003 for the graphics. And I'm not going to run out and get Forza Nascar or NHE because they look pretty.
Am I the only one here that is actually content with nr2003 graphics?? With all the add-on's and what not, it, to me, looks amazing even when held against some other offerings in the NASCAR realm, and IMO, while the intricate detail isn't present in nr2003 as it is in newer games, it still can hold it's own.

I think buying a game because it looks pretty is a great way to be disappointed (not to mention waste a fair amount of money, money that simply put, doesn't come easily for some). NHE was exactly that. I played it for 6 hours, giving it a fair shake after all the hype, hoping that maybe, just maybe, we could have a solid game. NOPE. I uninstalled it after the first patch failed to correct glaring issues. I'm tired of hearing "it was their first try, give em a chance". I learned from the Eutechnyx debacle. I will give DMR this much: I'll TRY their next one, if it doesn't shake out to be exceptionally better than this, I'm not wasting my time/money on "support them to make it better/make the next one better" scheme.

I, and many others that I know, would rather take a small hit in looks and have a solid game with great replay value than, especially in Eutechnyx case, an overly polished turd. None of this is necessarily directed at anyone, I'm just fed up with devs doing work that is deemed to be "good enough". NASCAR fans have been left to the wolves and iRacing's mercy because of that mentality, while Madden gets a damn remake every. single. year. Absolutely obnoxious, and not holding devs to a standard is what allows for the crap we've gotten to continue.

/rant